Running Bear's LXXIII Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news department ... My tax man called yesterday ... said that he had me on extension and that I did not owe any additional.

Sherrel: I understand his name is Murphy! BTW: I spent this afternoon watching your altereqo falling off of cliffs. Those cartoons are really funny, no matter how many times you see them. Your mechanic said, "Your truck is repairable, but it will cost as much as a lease turn back"... to get it right and in compliance

Greg: The structure looks perfect for the "other side of the tracks".

Speaking of buildings, Chet, I neglected to compliment you on "downtown" area of your layout.

Terry: Don't let Murphy near it!!!

I did nothing with the layout today. I did manage to get a card and the wife's birthday gift arrived today, so I'm safe. Also put up another flag bracket out front to replace the one that broke off during last falls tropical storm.

Sherrel: I understand his name is Murphy! BTW: I spent this afternoon watching your altereqo falling off of cliffs. Those cartoons are really funny, no matter how many times you see them. Your mechanic said, "Your truck is repairable, but it will cost as much as a lease turn back"... to get it right and in compliance

Good morning everyone. 39 and overcast here in SW MO. Will be 55 and sunny later today.

Chet - Nice photos of the street lamps. They do look good on your layout. Been toying with the idea of putting some on my main street later- seeing how much realism yours add to your layout, it nudges me more toward putting that on my list.
Terry - thanks for posting Roadrunner vidlinks - Forgot how hilarious those are!

In the train room, I'm mostly getting roadway and parking lots striped and glued down to finish off certain parts of the main town of Pine Valley. (Still have to come up with a name for the other village. Got some ideas.) The cape cod house is finished except for the chimney. Eager to get going on two DPM kits.

Have a good day everyone.

Good Morning All. 45° and clear. A little cooler through the weekend with highs only in the upper 60's and back into the 70's next week. Did some more mowing yesterday, looks like it's finally going to be a part of the weekly schedule, a little later than usual this spring. I'll have to bring out the weedeater soon as well.
Out in the train shed, I finished up the small City Classics structure known as "Main Street Cafe". I actually only added details to the structure that I finished Tuesday. Let's see how this works.
04-19-18 001.JPG04-19-18 005.JPG

Garry - The Bush family have always been classy people. I met George 43 and Laura several times at Texas Ranger games when he partially owned them. Unlike most team owners, he generally sat in the open stands right behind the Ranger dugout.
Chet - Those lights made a good addition to Main Street.
Greg (WI) - Too bad that you couldn't see a race at Bristol, at .5 miles, a lap takes about 15 seconds or less. It is truly a "short track". Your King Bldg. looks real good for a "run-down" area.
Bruce - well it's good to hear that you are finally over the shingles.

Everybody have a great day.

Willie

Good morning. 29 degrees with clear skies. Should get up near 60 this afternoon.

I appreciate the comments on the town and the street lamps. Johnny, Blame Greg on the addition of the street lamps. I was just toying with the idea of adding them and Greg had added some to his layout which really looked good. After adding the mobile home I couldn't resist seeing what it would look like if it were lit. The temptation was too much to resist.

20180414_161521.jpg

I still have 4 extra lamps that I'm sure that I can find a spot for, but the additional hub won't be in for a while that I need to get them all up and operating.

Willie - I really like that cafe. I had though hard about getting one for the town of Logan, but after rearranging buildings for weeks, the only place that it would fit would have it facing away from the front of the layout. Bummer.

Toot - That Chevy is sweet, BUT, I can't stand the continental kit. I did restore a couple of cars that I got with the continental kits and they weren't there when the restoration was over. I like my '59 Impala better any way.

Terry - Better keep you doors and windows locked until you get the migration completed so Murphy can't make an appearance.

Sherrel - I was thinking that perhaps you should park the truck somewhere and leave the keys in it so it could get stolen and you could collect the insurance. The way things are going with it, it would probably be returned along with a sympathy card.

Here's a rail photo for today.

railroad-tracks-tom-goldsmith.jpg

Later

Morning All: 48* but only a 61* high is in the works - down from a nice 75* yesterday ... and a 40% chance of rain.
Fairly heavy clouds overhead at 1,100 feet obscuring Mt Palomar visable to the South.

monte-palomar.png

Howdy ..

Willie .... That is very nice you could meet George and Laura..... I don't want to get too political here, but the "Bush bashers" never had even one valid complaint. .... Your cafe looks great.

Chet .... Your rail photo of the day is another good one.

Everybody .... Is anyone else interested in riding the Branson Scenic Dinner train with their wives on May 19th on 5:00 Pm train.? ? .... Branson, Mo is near the Arkansas border. ... So far, three couples are going for sure. Johnny and his wife are interested and will be calling about a reservation soon. ... The 3 couples so far are me and my wife, one of my friends and his wife from KY, and my friend and his wife from IL. ....

27690540328_ee2d039865.jpg

Good Morning Everyone....3-4 inches of new snow last night. Sunny this morning and since its almost MAY, the drive is melting. May take a break from the train today.

Toot: You found my Chevy....! Last time I saw it it was parked in my driveway.

Chet: Your rail photo remains me of Central Wisconsin. I followed the history of some right-of-way that I found and in a remote area an old concrete bridge with a clearance of 12'6" so I knew its was old.

Garry: My wife and would join you, but it maybe the first long week at the cabin. We rode our Gold Wing to Branson some years ago and stayed at the Hillbilly Motel with its cement pond. But, just maybe? Is Pat Boone still singing at Branson?

Speaking of meeting people, years ago I was on the protection team to be with First Lady Betty Ford on a visit to Mayfair in Wauwatosa, WI. It was my job to be within three feet of her at all times in case of an emergency and it was my job to lead the Secret Service team and Betty Ford to the closest protected spot.

Yesterday, wired 12 feet of LED wiring to a Lighting Hub from the power source to provide electrical power for the run down industrial area of Waupaca. Built a panel to mount the Lighting Hub from the 1x4 cross members so the Hub is in eye level when under the layout. It makes it easier to work on rather than reaching upwards.

Planning trip to Walther's either tomorrow or next Thursday for junk yard details. I plan to cut up a BB Milwaukee SW-1200 for junk yard parts.

LED Truck at Crossing (1).JPG

WS's vehicle with operating tail and head lights. That's a string of Fox Valley Wisconsin Central box cars, former Soo Line, on the siding at the old terminal on the Chicago, Milwaukee & Northern Railroad.

That's all for now.

Greg

#######################

Greg WI ... If you and your wife are interested, send a PM for details. .... We are riding with friends from KY and will be in Branson Friday night and Saturday night. Friends from IL will meet us there. Johnny and his wife just made reservations. The train ride will be the focus of the trip, but we will have some time during the day on Saturday.

Afternoon All,

Feeling much better today. I had several chores earlier. Tomorrow is my day being volunteered at the school doing library book inventory. Can you see how happy I am about that? I'm going to try to get down to the LHS to get 6 more packages of NESL 2x8's so I can finish the deck.

The VA will only administer the shingles vaccination after you turn 60. As a kid I had Chicken Pox so I got it as soon as I was old enough.

Chet- Great layout pics, lighting, and rail photos.

Greg- Nice job on the building and the scene with the p/u.

Willie- Nice looking building.

Garry- Sounds like a fun time for those that can attend.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Good afternoon.

Greg - Like the photo. I am NOT going to get any of those lighted vehicles.

Sure wish we could make that dinner train trip. We do plan on taking a road trip or two this summer, but that's a bit too soon for us.

Here's a rail yard. Where is it ?

Corwith Yard, BNSF, Chicago.jpg

Later

The yard must be in a northern state with the sand and salt bin. From the locomotive in the bottom, a BNSF yard, some where???

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back