Running Bear's LXXIII Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, everybody .

Justin .... The GP35 looks great. Apparently, yours is quite a workhorse.

Willie ... Sorry to hear about your decal problem, but hope you enjoy making the salon. ... We did not have damage from the storms at our home. I saw photos of a large apartment building in Hopkinsville (40 miles east of our home) that was destroyed by a tornado. Paducah's flood gates were closed because of high water on the Ohio River. Our lake water level went way up while we were gone for a week.

Terry .... I would think if $$$ ruled the day, management would not risk having an expensive new trailer towed in bad weather.

Everybody .... Have a great Friday !

BigE, I must ask.... The Big E is that by chance a reference to the USS Enterprise? That is the nick name given to that carrier also.

migalyto I'll say spring has sprung, need to mow the yard again, last week first time for the year

Question for the coffee shop, how does one add multiplicable Quotes to a reply ?

Greg

Can't answer the multiple quote question, I just copy and paste after clicking on that little balloon on the right side of the Quick Reply toolbar. David in CA does it all the time, but I haven't seen him post in over a week.

Willie

Good Morning Everyone....computer, arm chair modeling again today. Sunny and sort of mild here. Daffodils have been up for several weeks even with the snow cover.

Waiting for the kitchen cabinet and counter lady to come and do her measurements. She will also provide a "rough" estimate for the job. $335 to replace the garbage disposal. Ouch!!! Could be another DCC sound locomotive.

Some great pictures of locomotives and favorite types rolling stock.

Maybe start up a nano drone that I purchased for flying indoors. Palm sized with a camera. Perhaps a fly over the layout when I become an experienced pilot.

That's all for now.

Greg

###############

Steelwheels Greg!
I'm not the brightest blub on the tree, but I think that you just "click" on the little bitty quotation marks to the right of "reply with quote" on each message you wish to quote. When you get to the last of your "quoted" messages - then "click on" Reply with quote?

Disclaimer: Think that is correct?

Question for the coffee shop, how does one add multiplicable Quotes to a reply ?

Greg

Steelwheels Greg!
I'm not the brightest blub on the tree, but I think that you just "click" on the little bitty quotation marks to the right of "reply with quote" on each message you wish to quote. When you get to the last of your "quoted" messages - then "click on" Reply with quote?

Sherrel - Hey, that seems to work. Thanks for the info. Who says that an old dog can't teach a young pup new tricks?

Willie

Sherrel - Hey, that seems to work. Thanks for the info. Who says that an old dog can't teach a young pup new tricks?

Willie

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Willie, or should I say Yay, Yay, Yay? Sometimes the electrons connect - Sometimes they miss!
How Has your wife coped with the last three days of the market? I sold short Bonds two months ago!

Wind is still buffeting the snowflakes around here. Trees down across roads. Power lines down and electric outages throughout the surrounding counties of DC. My office lost power so I came back home to finish the day and the week.
I think I work on logging more locomotives unto my JMRI programmer this evening.

Steelwheels Greg!

Ok, I thought I'd have an open window and it would populate as the quoted text is added. Backward thinking .....and I just spotted the + sign over there.

Thanks

Greg

Afternoon All,

Just back from the barber. He does a nice job, cost is reasonable, and he trims my beard for free. Did Wally World earlier. I could not find wooden yard sticks there so it's off to Lowes tomorrow. Surprise, surprise no grand kids this weekend. This is probably the first time in 6 weeks. Based on that I should finish leveling the area on the layout tomorrow.

Chet- Nice rail picture. Never forget the love of hype by TV news.

Garry- Impressive picture.

Sherrel- I think Starbucks is snobbish, overpriced coffee that to me always tastes bitter, but fresh 7-11 coffee tastes fine to me.

Justin- I did not know about the strike. Nice looking Geep.

Terry- I'm guessing it will go to the side that has the most almighty dollar invested in it.

Willie- Maybe someone on the forum can make you one on a home printer.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Wooden yard sticks??? Curt you're dating yourself.

Seriously, I been looking for a couple of wooden yard sticks and couldn't find wooden yard sticks anywhere. Cleaned out my MIL's house and found six or seven. Some were really dated with the old telephone exchanges that started with two letters! Found one that from a combination funeral/furniture store.

Greg

Good evening, happy Friday night. Right now, it's 32° and still snowing. The wind here doesn't seem as bad in in other nearby locations. The NWS, however blew it as there was no snow in the forecast as of 0700 this morning, and by 0830 it was snowing big flakes. Caught Public Works flat footed as none of the roads were treated.

Curt: Lowes sells a lot of wooden yard sticks. I meant to pick up a couple, now that I'm building modular buildings. I don't think they are outmoded.

Sherrel: Nice market recovery this afternoon, mostly in the last two hours of trading. Had a couple of buy at orders, that were not fulfilled. :( Bargain hunting is tough when others are willing to pay too much. :rolleyes:

Watched a few minutes of Boston vs. St. Louis this afternoon. Always fun to watch baseball when it's snowing. My MLB.Com subscription renewed today, best bargain in sports Works on the TV, Laptop, Pad and Phone. And depending on which room I'm in, with the laptop, even the Mets and Yankees are not blacked out.

If the truck doesn't was off the Turnpike I have a package enroute from MBK that I should get Monday Two Genesis Raritan River Railroad box cars. The Raritan River was a shortline that Conrail absorbed in 1982, which ran from South Amboy, NJ to New Brunswick, NJ. I have this thing about buying Raritan River box cars. Some day I will paint and letter a Walthers proto SW8 and a wooden cabin fro the RRRR.

20170612_163224.jpg

Recycled Raritan River Cabin Car at the Pine Creek railroad at Allaire State Park (NJ).

Last edited by a moderator:
CURT- If you need Wooden Yard sticks, I have a couple you can have.
I have not been posting for a while as I've not been feeling just right. Nothing really wrong, just not right.

Prayers and Blessings for all.
Phil

Just got home from work and got a chance to do some catching up.

Hope everyone on both ends of the country make it through the storms OK.

Greg, I guess that you would want to be very specific when asking about a "lay away" plan.:rolleyes:

Back in the previous Coffee Shop, there was a short dicussion on iPhone speakers, particularly about the iP4s ones. Model Railroad Hobbyist's on-line magazine has a discussion in it's forums going at the moment about this one and others. One commenter has put up a picture of one opened up for those wondering. http://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/node/28430

Good morning. It's clear and 34.
The winds have dropped off to 5-10mph.
For those wondering, the travel trailer was not taken away yesterday, in spite of the purchaser's wife's whining. It will be picked up today. We had wind gusts of over 60mph from the North, and the purchaser is an engineer from a major heavy-duty truck manufacturer based near our shop. As such, he is all too familiar with the effects of wind on high-profile vehicles. He was very quick to seize on my suggestion, and tell his wife "not today".
Upper management was not consulted, though middle management was in agreement with the decision.

Good morning y'all. 38 and sunny. Winds are gone. Streets and sidewalks have melted clear. It's almost like nothing happened yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back