Running Bear's LXXIII Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang Sherrel, you've seen the size of my bike. It's over 900lbs by itself.

Did some work kit bashing a flat car. Added the Buckeye trucks to it so it can handle heavier loads.

Buckeye Trucks.jpg

This next one is the Walthers Heavy Duty flat that I received today. 66' with 4 trucks.
I've seen this flat car before but it was longer. Can't seem to find it on-line though.

4 Trucks.jpg

Good evening

Phil , Chet , Curt, Migalyto, and Greg ...Thanks for commenting on the photo.

Greg. ... the coal train has my NP RS3’s .

Curt ... the Pumpkin nickname was used on the first paint scheme used by BNSF which looked somewhat like the Great Northern paint scheme.

PS

Ken D&J. ... I meant to say earlier I like your flat cars. Evidently, your railroad is ready for heavy hauling.

Good Morning All. 45° and partly cloudy to start the day. Beware the Ides of March! Temps going up into the upper 70's today.
Out in the train shed, I finished up the "HJ Simpson Feed & Seed" structure from Bar Mills. It is a simple (and inexpensive) kit compared with most of their kits.
03-14-18 004.JPG03-14-18 002.JPG
I need to add some weathering to it still. It doesn't quite fit where I wanted to put it, but there are some alternate locations on the pike that are undeveloped. And yes it is named after that Homer J Simpson, but none of the signs have that name on them.

Garry - Nice scene that you posted yesterday. Looks like traffic at that diamond could get hectic.
Curt - Yes, they are cutting it up for me. I located and hauled about a good months worth of heat yesterday. Downside is that some of it won't be "cured" until fall 2019 unless I split it.
Phil - I agree on the brown lawn.
Chet - I don't have a real dust issue any more, but I like those dust monkeys. I have one installed on each one of my cabooses so most every train runs with one.
Ken (D&J) - Nice looking flatcars.

Everybody have a great day.

Willie

Good morning everyone. 42 and clear in SW MO, heading for 70!!!!! Sunny all day!!!! Taking the day off of work to work (?) outside on some landscaping, garden area, etc. Will probably spend a couple of hours in the trainroom this morning while it warms up outside, then I'll get outdoors for the afternoon. Cabin fever is on its way out!

Phil, Willie, others - When I was a kid I looked forward to a white lawn, but not these days!!

Have a good day everyone.

Been up for a couple hours already .. feel like crawling back in the sack now!
RAIN woke me up! Hard rain! Do you guys realize how long it has been since seeing water running down the street almost curb deep. 60 will be the high today with scattered showers all around.

Going up to Bakersfield tomorrow for Grandson #2 soccer semi finals playoffs. It's a shame that there is not a train to get there. I will see if I can convience the Booster Unit to go or come back the Tehachapi Loop way.

Quite a photo there, Garry!

Willie - Nice, cute little building there.

GREG on GA - Nice layout!

Good morning, Everybody !

Willie, Sherrel, and Joe...... Thanks to each of you for your remarks about the photo with the Empire Builder.

WIllie ..... The Feed & Seed building looks very nice.

Good Morning all,

Sunny, and 28 degrees to start today going up close to 50 by afternoon.

Have a a great day!

Any one see this news yet? Looks like Grandt Line is closing shop: from their website.

[h=4]After 60 plus years in the hobby industry, the Grandts are calling it quits.[/h][h=4]Thank you to all of you for your friendship and patronage over the years…we will certainly miss visiting with you and hearing about your amazing projects![/h][h=4]We hope to shut the doors in June …..but will accept new orders through May 1, 2018. After that, we will sell only stock on hand.
So….if you need some of our “stuff”, be sure to give Liz a call sooner, rather than later.[/h][h=4]We plan to attend the shows listed on our calendar, in one capacity or another…..so we may see you there.[/h][h=4]Again, thanks for being such loyal customers and friends. It has been a good run.[/h][h=4]Sincerely,[/h][h=4]Dave, Liz, Phyllis
Peter, Mary and Jessie[/h]

Good Morning Everyone......Sunny and seasonal here in Wisconsin.

Yesterday, had a great afternoon with six high schools friends at a late lunch with all of us being friends for over 50+ years. When to a new bar and grill and the food was excellent. When I went to the restroom and returned the guys paid the bill and tip. They missed me in their count and shared the bill equally six ways and I was left out and had a "free" lunch. Made it up by buying the last round of refreshments.

Trains today and play with my camera a bit and change the extensions on some photograph files to be about to upload them. Busy tomorrow with selecting new kitchen cabinets.

Nice extended, heavy duty flat cars.

Dust Monkeys: In my opinion I think the Dust Monkeys do their job in keeping the rail clean and they are hard to spot when mounted on a piece of rolling stock.

That's all for now.

Thanks.

Greg

############################

Been a day or two since I posted past. Coaling tower is on its way. I'll be visiting a town this weekend with a tower just like this one. So some pictures are in order. Seeing as I don't run any steam on my layout it'll be a local flavor prop for my layout. Can't recall seeing these on branchlines but it's my railroad. So I'll roll with it. I came across a photo I'd like to share. In the early diesel days on the C&O. This is a shot at the facilities on the NF&G. All of the trackage is gone but the shop still stands. It's located right across the road from the Army Reserve building where I did my drills as a reservist after my active duty time.
98feff35aa867450ba1c77abfbb04cc8.jpg

Justin

Good morning all. At 6:30 it was 41* and now at 10:34 it is 58*. hope to hit 71* later.
Have some chores to do but will hold off till later when/if it warms up.
Wish y'all a good day.
Phil

Afternoon All,

Did some chores today and gave our animals baths (they were not impressed). Tomorrow I have some last minute things to do and pack.

VA Ken- Nice looking heavy duty flat cars.

Willie- Nicely done building. I don't think I have ever built any Bar Mills kits. I'm at the point that I buy a kit for a specific purpose and location (dimensions) or I have to scratch build one.

Justin- Nice photo. That should be relatively easy to copy the prototype.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Back again....still sunny in Wisconsin.

Just came up from the basement and a session where nothing when wrong for a change. The yard tower is in place and re-landscaped around the base and then some. The lighted tower adds interest to another wise dull scene. The Mrs. came home early from shopping to take a break and then go back out.

The Mrs. came home with some specialty popcorn, a mix of dill pickle favored and spicy Carmel/cheese corn. Strange combination, but spicy and flavorful. Need a liquid when eating this mix to cool down a bit. Going to add a small factory on the layout to produce this popcorn blend.

Well, back to playing with my camera.

Greg

###############

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back