Running Bear's LXXIII Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all. Greetings from Vestavia Hills Ala. I could hardly believe the news when I read of Eric(BigE) passing away so suddenly. I was impressed by his layout the first time I saw it when CJ Cresent & I rode over to Acworth to see it. I too enjoyed his posts, and I shall miss them. As for me,well I have been busy with work,and taking of my Mother,who is in a nursing home here in Alabama. She is in Chapman Nursing Home. in Alex City Alabama. I'm doing okay for the most part,hoping to go over to Atlanta next week-end for The Piedmont Trainshow,if all goes well. I have talked to Carey aka CJ Cresent,and he is doing so so,but he is still with us. Not much railroading on my end,but I hope to fix that in the future. I hope everyone here is doing okay,I know a lot of y'all are sick of winter,me too. I'm ready for spring. Any way I'm good,and I hope y'all are as well. Take care,and keep the trains rolling. William.

Good afternoon, it's raining and 36.
I removed the front VVT solenoid from my wife's car to clean it, and re-install. Unfortunately, since it's been in there for over 250,000 miles, it was really in there, with no intention of coming out. I ended up removing it in several pieces, and have decided to walk away from the project for a while. It suddenly is no rush, since there are no replacements locally, and the pair I ordered won't be here until Friday.
I was hoping to have it up and running today, since it is supposed to snow overnight, and 2WD pickup trucks are not renowned for their winter traction. I guess I'll have to use the truck anyway, and plan on being late for work.

You swallowed your tooth? Well, I guess if you could recover it, you wouldn't want to use it again.
KEN D&JDarn Tootin I will! Finding it is going to be the hard part!

Sherrel: That must have been a "Hard" roll on that sandwich :rolleyes:

Every time I walk into a Dentist's office, I want to grab my wallet and run. dental work doesn't phase me, but the cost of it does. and having insurance just increases your level of need for treatment.:rolleyes: Sort of walking into the Jewelry store, You just know that you're going to be fleeced. Right now, I have partials held in place by crowns, so you know somethings going to give. Implants supposedly have come down in price, but so has their reliability. The alternative, is a full plate with stick-um to hold them down. Damned if you do...

I really don't see any advantage to daylight time. Since there was a pronouncement that daylight Savings time has been in effect for a hundred years, I suppose it's with us forever, and I may as well get over it.
Have a nice Sunday!

JOE The Roll was hard and I should have known better! I have spent so many hours of my life sitting in a dentist chair that you would think they would leave me alone. I get carried away and forget about my teeth and try to eat things that I should not - just can't seem to remember- and the other thing is that they fit so well that I don't wear any "stickum" so that when I bite on something it probably puts undue pressure on the plate.

I hate Daylight savings time: I see no need for it; just set the clocks (now) 1/2 hour back and leave them alone.

Good Morning everyone...Sunny and chilly here in Wisconsin.
Going down to the train in a few minutes or so.

Sherrel: Sorry to hear about your two missing teeth. Remember, you should have 30 teeth left so what's wrong with missing just two? Or, maybe a little AC to glue the tooth in place and then make a replacement tooth out of hyrocal for the other.

That's all for now.

Greg

#######################

GREG: Good ideas all, but I beat you too it on the AC. I had already glued those two teeth back in about 6 months ago and really had forgotten about doing that until this happened. Only problem is that the hydrocal is not hard enough -- maybe I could find a pebble instead and use my Dremel to shape it?

Good morning. It's cloudy and 43, with snow later tonight and into tomorrow.
My wife's torn muscles are causing her misery. I had pulled a pair of my old crutches out of the attic, and she was moving with them, albeit at a glacial pace. I had a commitment to travel to York, SC, for an RV function (they parked the trailers up and down the main drag through town, called "Silver in the City"), and we loaded up her car to make the trek.
Unfortunately, the car suffered a failure on the road, and we had to return and use the truck, which is much more difficult for her to get in and out of.
My wife abandoned the crutches in favor of the walker she used when she first had the stroke. She says it works much better, and she'll use it in the house.
I'm off to the grocery store, then the auto parts store, hoping the new $100+ of parts will fix the car. I really houldn't complain, it's the first thing other than tires and brake pads I've had to replace. It just happened to be at the same time we spent $$$ for the doctor.
TERRY That is what is dissing me off the most - seems like no sooner that I get one fire under control another pops up.
Glad to hear that your Booster Unitis getting around - even if slowly!

Good Afternoon All,
I will find a location on my layout and name it after Eric like I did for Jeffrey after he passed.

Sherrel- It's always something that costs $$$.

I hope everyone has a good night.

CURT - Hope you work something out - say the 'Eric White Memorial Dentist Office' maybe

Never seems to end on the expense - and the hits just keep coming! :D

Sherrel, When you hear the "clink' against the porcelian, you'll know it's there........... somewhere.

Sherrell: When I was a kid I swallowed ten pennies and a nickel. My parents had to 'find' the objects to make sure none stayed inside. I still have the nickel, it turned black going through my system.

Sherrell: When I was a kid I swallowed ten pennies and a nickel. My parents had to 'find' the objects to make sure none stayed inside. I still have the nickel, it turned black going through my system.
You must have been one tough kid....... I would have chickened out and just done 2 dimes. But then, when I was a kid, I never had 2 dimes at the same time.:p
Dave PV

Sherrell: Quote Roseanne Roseannadanna "

"Well, it just goes to show you, no matter where you go, no matter what you do, or who you are it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." ;)

Rainy, stayed inside, progress made eking out room for the new machine. Built a cabinet, and rack, moved the metal filled the cabinet, found new stuff LOL

greg

If a woman did that, she would just be going through her change.

Hello all. Greetings from Vestavia Hills Ala. I could hardly believe the news when I read of Eric(BigE) passing away so suddenly. I was impressed by his layout the first time I saw it when CJ Cresent & I rode over to Acworth to see it. I too enjoyed his posts, and I shall miss them. As for me,well I have been busy with work,and taking of my Mother,who is in a nursing home here in Alabama. She is in Chapman Nursing Home. in Alex City Alabama. I'm doing okay for the most part,hoping to go over to Atlanta next week-end for The Piedmont Trainshow,if all goes well. I have talked to Carey aka CJ Cresent,and he is doing so so,but he is still with us. Not much railroading on my end,but I hope to fix that in the future. I hope everyone here is doing okay,I know a lot of y'all are sick of winter,me too. I'm ready for spring. Any way I'm good,and I hope y'all are as well. Take care,and keep the trains rolling. William.

William.... Great to see you posting again.

William: Good to hear from you once more. Sorry to hear your mother is in a nursing home, my mother in law is in a similar situation. I'm also sorry to hear Carey isn't doing so well. Stay in touch and keep us informed about Carey when you can.

Joe

Sherrel. ... I too have dental problems. I have not yet swallowed one though . I have an early appointment with the dentist in the morning .

Joe ... I think people would like to honor Eric in some way. No ideas yet. I was surprised you did not think favorably of what the do in the MR Diner.

William ...my two cents .... . I remember when Carey spent time with me in Alabama . I used to go there often. My mother was living there in Vestavia Hills, but she passed away almost two years ago. My sister who lives there moved .

No worries Sherrel, for as they say, this too shall pass! :rolleyes:

Yeah, I hear ya saying, with friend's like us, who needs enemas??

Didn't work the layout at all this weekend. I felt like I needed a break from it. Focus on some side projects I have. So I constructed my small church. An old Life Like kit. Be the third one I've built. Be nice to actually have one to survive a freaking move.
b51788ff46e8533dcb9bccdb773ee006.jpg

Justin

Say, Justin ...Since you have the church in your hand ... Maybe you can say a prayer for the rest of us?
After the last round of posts - I think we could use it!
Gawd, I love this place!

Good morning. It's raining and 34. Winter weather warning for our area, with rain, snow, sleet, and freezing rain.
And the furnace just quit... At least this, the landlord can pay for...

And now for something different.
Almost 6 weeks ago, I purchased a sleeve for a laptop through an Ebay seller. The seller provided a tracking number, but never shipped the item. After waiting, and listening to excuses, excuses, and more excuses, I left negative feedback, and got Ebay to give me my money back 9the seller refused. Today, I got a message from the seller, asking me to complete my purchase and revise my feedback. Note the misspelled seller name in the message...
My response is first, their message after:

I'd be happy to revise my feedback, after your lies, delays, and excuses. Unfortunately, there is no feedback lower than "negative". Maybe I can contact Ebay, and they can create a special feedback rating for you.
wolrd_wide_store

Good day to you,

I am here again looking forward for you feedback revision. I am here to help you solve the problem. Please let me know what do I have to do for you to revise your feedback. This is very important for us. Please help us grow our company by cooperating with us. Hoping to hear from you soon.

Thank you so much.
Have a nice day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back