Running Bear's July 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning everyone. 78 and sunny out there, heading for mid-90's again today. This pattern is supposed to last until early next week, then a cool front comes through to cool things down to 60's at night and 80's for daytime highs.

Patrick - I hear you (and everyone else) about heat advisories.
Chet - what a car show. We get them here in Springfield every year, too. Love those cars!

Here's a photo of progress on weathering and signage on the DPM Farm Supply building. I'm totally dissatisfied with the "Valley Farm Supply" sign - came out awful - blame it on operator error. I'll redo it this weekend.

ValleyFarmSupply1.jpg

Have a good day everyone.

Morning all,

Sunny and high today of 101 expected after hitting 101 yesterday. Heat index of 105-112 today.....It's a don't bother with the antiperspirant, but hope you have enough deodorant day, otherwise we have a bunch of soggy stinky people instead of just soggy people.

montanan: I hear you on the finding parts thing. Unfortunately, a couple of moves in the past 7 years made me get rid of the old cars as I'm not physically "supposed" to work on them anymore and I can't afford to have anyone else do it either. My oldest car is my 10 year old Colorado.

Got the email that my train order for the grand kid has shipped. Sometime next week along with the gear parts for my blue box engine.

Good morning y'all! 76° and cloudy this morning.

Today is supposed to be "cool" with rain toward afternoon, followed by three hot, humid summer days.

Willie: that structure looks like an interesting project. I should try one, myself. I have a Reading Co. Standard Interlocking tower which has been waiting about ten years to be built. Should do it now, while both hands still work. :rolleyes:

Medicare, is a wonderful program, and between the Medicare and the Supplement, it works almost flawlessly. The problem I have found is the medical practices. For instance, my blood work complaint dated to last October. They did not make any attempt to bill the proceedure until last month. Blood work, is generally covered at 100% by Medicare, and the supplement doesn't get involved at all. For some reason, they billed the supplement, and the dummies at the supplemental carrier, should have referred them to Medicare, but instead just denied it, and told me it was my responsibility to provide unspecified additional information for them to reconsider the claim????? Stupid breeds stupid...

Therapy, is only as good as the therapist. When I had my hand and arm surgery, three summers ago, the Surgeon recommended some physical therapy at a local hospital, where they had therapist that specialized in hand and arm issues. problem was that they were providing occupational therapy which i didn't need, (it's why I did so well), but failed to provide physical therapy, to strengthen the weakness in my hand and arm. The hand and arm, are back to where they were pre surgery, and I'm reluctant to submit to any further treatment.

Makes one wonder, eh

Boris

Hey Everyone! Enjoying the cooler temps around here -- was 84 yesterday - same today they say! Still clear skies.

IB Ken was home as of last evening! He said he had to get out of there in order to get some rest! (I know that very well).
He was having quite a bit of discomfort (expected) as his body is adjusting to the meds and "after surgery procedures".
I slipped up yesterday and did not talk to him until 9pm or so - dumb me forgot the time change + the spousal unit had me running around - she is having a rough time with her knee ... I think she waited too long to have it taken care of?

TERRY how is the head? hope you are getting better.

Chet -- Those pics of the cars, and town, might as well be down in the "Old Town" here on most any weekend during the summer. Then the town really gets flooded with them when a show is on.

Woke up too early this morning -- more coffee is needed plus a nap already!

Good morning, everybody .

Willie ..... Apparently, you have another fun project. I hope all goes well with the dermatologist.

Sherrel ..... Thanks for the update on IB Ken.

Johnny ..... Your DPM building looks great.

Louis ...... Your picture of Oscar Meyer hot dogs reminds me of their Weiner-Mobile ..... Remember that ?

Joe.... Good to see you.

Garry I sure do!
1563460487898.png

Just for the record, that's Mayer ;)
I have never been good with spelling, but this commercial helped me to remember how to spell Oscar Mayer and bologna.
Also for the record I love bologna! The good news is Smithfield is still making Esskay bologna and the new Chinese owners have yet to screw it up!

Last edited:
Maybe this video will help cool us off?
It's a nice video, but I recommend you turn off the sound.
Classic Toy Trains FROM THE January 2014 ISSUE
Richard Coyne's O gauge Christmas railroad
On this 15 x 15-foot layout, Christmas comes every day of the year.
Visit Richard Coyne's O gauge 15 x 15-foot layout any day of the year and you'll find it covered in snow and full of holiday cheer. Richard keeps this holiday layout running all year - he prefers to be called a "Christmas guy" rather than a model railroader!

Good afternoon all,

I had such a busy morning couldn't even check my emails. We hit 91 today with humidity, I did some sweating running a concrete test in the height of it.

Tomorrow I need to be at a job site at 6 am. Luckily it is friday.

Johnny, at least the case and ford decals turned out deluxe!

Louis, I like the chevy truck, too. I used to have a 1960 GMC 3/4 ton, front end looked a lot the same.

Garry, The red caboose in your photo looks really sharp, all around nice scene!!

Willie, looks like another nice project

Greg, the april photo makes me shiver

Boris, we never could figure out our coverage. Every time it seems to be something different. Doesn't pay to call because no one else can figure it out either.

Here is a photo of one of the unique rail cars I recently purchased. Chet is right, it was a little crooked! I fixed it up with a little JB weld, it had not yet been attached to the frame.

IMG_0702.jpg

more later, Dave

Don't get me started on health insurance, things will get ugly pretty quickly.
Speaking of ugly, I got the property tax bill for the new truck (they waste no time collecting our money). Total is $493.06 We managed to get a regular license plate, instead of the private commercial plate the state forced us to have on the old truck. The lower cost of the non-commercial plate nearly offset the higher fee for the taxes. The old truck was $472.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back