Running Bear's July 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willie, quote: "Looks like house-cleaning is in order this morning, although I have actually kept up well. Laundry and dishes were already done yesterday before she called so the main task is vacuuming up all the dog hair from the granddog, the gift that keeps on giving."

I know the feeling ... Didn't know it was possible for a dog to shed as much as my Foxie girl!
I live in a constant snowfall of very fine fur - just unreal - but wouldn't trade for anything.
Sometimes I wonder how she manages to have any hair left!

Glad to hear that the folks are OK. Have they encountered much rain?

TERRY- You are not alone. What the heck is there to like ?? Just a lot of annoying noise as far as I hear . So what if he/they can play a gittar-so can million others.
Phil

NOT TO BRAG, BUT I CAN FORGET WHAT I'M DOING WHILE I'M DOING IT .

Add me to that list, TERRY! I couldn't "Rush Through It" fast enough!
BTW - That movie you posted there seems like a good cure for "Climate Change"?
How are your back and other ailments doing? You have not said in a while?
The back got a little better now seems to be getting worse again. And every time it relapses, it doesn't come back as much as it was before.
I have another migraine this morning.

TERRY- You are not alone. What the heck is there to like ?? Just a lot of annoying noise as far as I hear . So what if he/they can play a gittar-so can million others.
Phil
Geddy Lee's voice sounds to me like fingernails on a chalk board. That group is one of the few I will change the station when one of their songs comes on the radio.

DAVE -- That is a very interesting photo! The loco is clear and sharp, but the foreground and background both are fuzzy.
Really makes for a cool picture!

TOM -- Make another pot, please. Grits: That's what I need to make. I have been cutting up a small white potato with my "Chopper" - only takes a few minutes to fry up and is sort of like hashbrowns. I'll see if I can find some grits; I know we have some planta which is the Italian equivalent.

OK, It was a hot one yesterday. Reached 97* and the lowest humidity was 32% which makes it seem hotter.
Today is forecast for 95* (normal is 90*), last year was 93 *, and record 101* in 2005.

GARRY - LOL!

TERRY -- 50 years? That's insane!

Sherrel, it hasn't been constant for 50 years. I can go for 2-3 weeks between them. Or have them 3 times a week. It just depends.

Sherrel, it hasn't been constant for 50 years. I can go for 2-3 weeks between them. Or have them 3 times a week. It just depends.

Understood that, Terry - Still, that is an insane time to have to put up with - even if they are spaced months apart.

80F at 1pm and somewhat overcast. Has been close to 95F -- 100F during the day this past week week but a cool front came through and gave us some sprinkles and cooler air.

Trying to catch up at work as we are going to Japan for 3 weeks (leaving 2 weeks form this past Thursday). I will be taking lots of shots and some video (and live video) and posting on my train FB and Instagram and Twitter -- both 1:1 scale and some modeling stuff. Looking forward to it. We have our 3 week train passes, and for the parts of our travels to Hokkaido, we can get seat reservations from Tokyo north so I have seats reserved already for that part of the trip. The rest of the train travels (Tokyo going South/West) you can't get online reservations using the rail pass so we will need to get reservations the first day we get there for all of our trips we have planned on the JR route.

We will be taking bullet trains (multiple times) between Tokyo and Kobe (or Osaka) -- my SIL (that is Sister in Law for you grandpas in the cafe) lives in the Kobe area. We hope to take the Hello Kitty Shinkansen one day just for phone, as well as the Panda Kuroshio express train. We also plan on a day riding the Eizan Electric Railway in Kyoto -- a really nice provate railway with lots of interesting scenery and stops. And a trip to a really nice railway museum in Kyoto. And lots of model railroad shops and stops in both Tokyo and Osaka areas. And lots of local EMU train rides.

We also plan a trip to Hokkaido and will be taking bullet trains until we get to the southern city of Hakodate on Hokkaido, including going through an undersea tunnel connecting to Hokkaido on the bullet train. One in Hakodate we will take an express train to Sapporo and do some stuff there. And express and bullet trains on the way back, retracing the route, with an overnight stop in Sendai.

Turning the station when Rush comes on? Heresy. Not my most favorite group, but certainly in the top few. (I am a Yes fan as my most favorite group, when not listening to jazz, fusion, etc).

While I've been told male menopause is really a thing, I've been suffering from migraines for about 50 years now.
My wife got them and between botox and getting a new job with less stress she hasn't had one in 2 years. They are not fun and would take her out for a whole day.

Afternoon All,

Did my Sunday chores earlier today because tomorrow I'll be at the club helping out for a open house. I spent an hour putting on 8 HO washers and nuts. By that time my head was throbbing from using the magnification visor. Next step will be putting on the wire side bracing.

Garry- Another great layout picture.

Sherrel- Our critters are doing the same thing. The hair is everywhere even with repeated vacuuming.

Terry- I hope you feel better.

Chadbag- I've been to Yokosuka around 6 times while boating with the Navy.

20190713_140326-2016x1512.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

My migraines come in clusters, then I can go months without one. Am training in an intern at work and felt on the verge of one yesterday afternoon. When it is hot and there is a lot of unwanted stimulation it seems I am most vulnerable.

Fortunately, mine only last an hour or so. However, as soon as they set in I have to stop everything and sit still in a quiet place. If I am at work I just tell my boss I need quiet for a while and I will be ok. No one has given me any grief about it, fortunately.

I HOPE you get over them, or at least they subsist for you, Terry!

Dave

Good Morning All. Partly cloudy and 74° to start the day. High yesterday was only 92°, quite below average for here, expecting lower today and then summer returns. Eggs over easy and a handful of bacon this morning Flo.
Gave the mower a workout yesterday before going to Dallas to pick up my wife yesterday afternoon. She and the family had a great time, even though she never made it to the beach due to her bad knees. Spent a little time with the chainsaw on the dead tree that I cut down about ten days ago. Cut some "all nighters" out of the trunk. Those are 10" - 12" diameter logs that heat the house all night as they will burn for over 14 hours. I don't normally have to split my firewood unless it won't fit through the door of the heater.

Thanks for all of the likes and comments regarding yesterday's posting; Phil, Sherrel, Jerome, Tom.

Out in the train shed, I mostly cleaned up several work areas and commenced the quarterly layout section clean up. Step one was a careful examination of the track and right of way for any stray parts. I found two items, a lowly Kadee coupler spring and a black air brake reservoir. It will probably take quite a while to examine all of the possible cars that might have lost that thing. It looks like it came off an Athearn Blue Box or a Roundhouse car.
In the absence of any progress pictures, here's some leftover flatcar pictures. This first one is an Athearn RTR car (Roundhouse lineage) with some mixed Chooch loads. While Scenic Accents glue is holding everything on at the present, I need to go back and detail this car with proper bracing, tie downs and strapping.
06-30-19 001.JPG

Next up is an Accurail car with what I believe might be a Boley excavator.
06-30-19 002.JPG

Chad -
my SIL (that is Sister in Law for you grandpas in the cafe)
Some of us grandpa's consider that Son in Law!:)
Have a good time and a safe trip. Take plenty of train pictures to post for us. We like pictures of young women in bikinis also.
Yes on Yes. You're not old enough to have seen them during their best years of 1970-1980, but they were really fine in concert.
Curt - You're making some fine progress there.
Terry - Hey brother. Get well soon. Too many ailments at once.

Everybody have a great Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back