Running Bear's July 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon. Haven't done a darn thing all day and decided to take a break.

Beady - Where did you get that photo of Large Marge????

Willie - I have also torn off the tops of jars and bottles that wouldn't open.

Dave - Nice photo.

MikeInHubCity - We use dto take road trips and tried to get to a few NASCAR races each year, but we had to travel a lot further. I refuse to go into California and my favorite tracks are on the eash side of the country. I hope Phil turn off the rain down there in Florida. Looking at the radar, Daytona is right on the edge of a band of showers.

Sherrel - I was thinking about you when I heard about those quakes. Guess your martini is shaken and not stirred.

Time to get out of here and get back to doing nothing.

Later

Pretty slow day both in the Coffee Shop and the forum in general. Within the last two hours, a couple of lines of thundershowers developed around here, so the Weather Bureau inserted thunderstorms into the forecast for this evening. The line east of me and moving east is rather severe; the line developing west and headed in this direction looks like just moderate showers. Temperature dropped by 12° in the last hour to 79°. An inch of rain would be welcome news for my hayfield and all the neighboring vegetation right now.

Temp down to 75* but damp. Rain has stopped but clouds are still a threat. Had a few T/S come thru. 50/50 chance to get tonights race in. I have turned our spigots off.
Prayers for all,
Phil

SAWDUST IS MAN GLITTER

Howdy, everybody ...

Briefly..... We continue to have family visiting from out of town. It looks like Tuesday I will begin getting back to a normal schedule. I will not have much extra time until then.

I hope all of you are doing well.

Cheers.

Good Morning All. 72° and clear. Yesterday evening's thunderstorm wannabe didn't pan out here, although east of here got some major action. Looks like I'll have to continue irrigating the garden. How about hash browns, bacon and scrambled eggs this morning Francine.
Started the day yesterday with a trip to town for groceries, since I didn't go on my regular day Thursday. Fantastic trip. I am an avid couponeer and on yesterday's trip I saved $53.13!:) My net bill was $60.90, an incredible savings (at least for me) of 46%. Wish that they had coupons for beer!

Thanks for the likes and comments regarding yesterday's gondola pictures; Jerome, Dave, Sherrel, Phil, Tom.
Here's a few more from that train. A Roundhouse car with a Chooch load.
07-01-19 015.JPG

A ConCor car with another Chooch load.
07-01-19 018.JPG

And finally an Athearn car with yet another Chooch load.
07-01-19 019.JPG

Out in the train shed yesterday, I continued adding some ground foam and made a few trees. Some of the trees were actually just enhancements of commercially made ones. Sprayed them with Dull Coat and added coarse ground foam to make them "less plastic" looking. I also made 85 scale feet of barbed wire fencing for the trailer house that's next in line in that narrow strip of layout frontage. Took pictures but the camera is outside right now.

Dave -
Willie-- how many scrap loads do you have!
There's fifteen loads in that particular unit scrap train. I have a few others that I rotate out between the scrap yard and that train using the local run to and from the staging yard.
Sherrel -
Poor Rover .. is he now going to be a tripod, or did the Vet repair his broken leg?
Dr Gorilla (super glue gel) made him as good as new. He will assume his position "marking" a shrub as soon as he recovers.
Regarding the commercially available scrap loads, I do use some drybrushing and weathering powders on some of them to add highlights. An eventual project is to add some of the "homemade" scrap to the tops of the loads as well. But right now scenery and ground cover is the priority.
Chet -
It obviously wasn't intentional; at least I didn't get a very ugly gash this time!
Dang Terry! Get well soon.

Just to show that we Americans will celebrate anything, today is National Dive Bar Day. So have a 7&7 on 7/7 and enjoy today.
Have a great Sunday everyone.

Good morning gang!
1st day back. It took 3 1/2 hours to get to the beach, took 5 1/2 to get home. It's a great place to visit, but the seat time is getting to be a bit much. But then again, the sunrise views are incredible overlooking the yacht club with Ocean City in the distance.
66436826_10215492492691272_3756831228368519168_n.jpg

Willie I had a few 7&7s already this week at the yacht club, does that count??

Back to more mundane things today, like grocery shopping and laundry.

Good Morning Gang!
High expected 81* (normal 89*), last year 104*, and record 104* in 2018.
The forecast calls for Variable Cloudy and Breezy.

Looks as if I will get to spend the day "fetching" the RV and giving it a once over. Spousal Unit is planning a trip to Big Bear, leaving early Wednesday. This will be a "girls only" outing - with two of the three daughters and their three boys; me and the dogs were told to stay home! I told her that Turn About Is Fair Play and I would plan a "girls only" outing and that she and all the kids could stay home - now, I just have to find some "girls"?

Willie - Glad that Rover will mend. Your paint jar mishap reminded me of my mixing disaster when I tried the paint jar held with the wood clamp and jigsaw. That jar flew out of that clamp faster than a greased pig! After scrubbing paint off the garage floor - forever, I learned that it worked very good - just need to hook it into my foot pedal for low speed.

Terry - Oh, man ... With your back - you don't need a migraine to go with it. I think it's time you found a Faith Healer?
Regular Medicine sss..not cutting it - maybe some of those snake people is the answer?

KARL - Great photo, looks very serene. Now, Back to the grind?

What the heck -- just reached for my coffee cup and it's not there - I left it downstairs!

Good afternoon. Haven't done a darn thing all day and decided to take a break.

Beady - Where did you get that photo of Large Marge????

Dave - Nice photo.

MikeInHubCity - We use dto take road trips and tried to get to a few NASCAR races each year, but we had to travel a lot further. I refuse to go into California and my favorite tracks are on the eash side of the country. I hope Phil turn off the rain down there in Florida. Looking at the radar, Daytona is right on the edge of a band of showers.

Sherrel - I was thinking about you when I heard about those quakes. Guess your martini is shaken and not stirred.

Time to get out of here and get back to doing nothing.

Later
I really don't remember; maybe I'm suppressing the memory. Why? Does she stir a memory of your own?

87* and waiting for the rain to start. Sauna time for the next week with spotty rain mixed with T/S's.
Not doing anything with the trains.-to hot in garage. Still need to trim oak tree branches
Wish all a good day,
Phil

Morning all,

Coffee and Blue Plate Special for me this morning.

I guess when I miss the weekend I miss a lot...lol

I was able to get back to the trains a bit yesterday, I took the lift bridge off and made a new piece of trackage for it and the soldered the wires so it is back together. I did find a small dead section I caused when I replaced part of a curve make it less clunky. A small solder job will fix it, then I think I finally have all the derail points out of the main loop. Continued a bit on the inner loop, which I forgot has no electric to it when I shifted a train to it. It rolled about a foot along the inner loop before it stopped.

My eldest daughter won an auction of train stuff last evening. Shipping is a bit much, but it mostly Great Northern stuff including what looks to be a blue box diesel switcher. Auctions always seem to get high at the last minute. I expect it be be here probably next week, so I'll see what I end up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back