Running Bear's July 2018 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Midday Morning to all: 102 was the official high yesterday - only supposed to be 97 high today- I bet they miss it again. Did make me feel better knowing that the high temp recorded here for yesterday was 109 in 1996.

Nothing new from this area .. up North I guess that the fire fighters have their hands full - SAD.

Jesse - Nice haul on all the goodies - if I did not say before, and sure sorry to hear of the tragic end for your friend - I truly feel for his wife and kids.

Better check on my daughter in DC. She was rear ended - she's OK (sorta) except sore, stiff, and everything else that goes along with an accident. Looks like her car may be totaled as she was pushed into the car in front of her ?? At least she did not have the Gkids with her!

Hiya gang,

The hits just keep on coming on the Chinese plant closure. My buddies at Spring Mills Depot sent this release:

To our loyal SMD customers,

We have been sitting on pins and needles for the last four months waiting for progress on our B&O I-5/1/2/3 project. A couple of days ago, we learned that the factory we used in China has shut down. This closure was an unanticipated and sudden announcement. We have made contact with other factories and are actively evaluating options to get our announced projects here as soon as practical. All of our projects are marked as TBD. Getting a new factory proficient enough to produce the quality of models that our customers have become accustomed to will take some time. Additionally, this may alter the order in which they arrive vs when they were announced but we are committed to get them here. We can’t let a simple factory shutdown get in our way!

Ken and I have been having fun producing high quality model trains and this setback really hasn’t deterred us. Sure, it is not something we want to be dealing with at the moment but we are pretty resourceful and ambitious. You can rest assure we will put our heads down and get the job done.

As progress is made and updates are available, we will share the news. We know some customers will be severely disappointed in hearing this news and it is very regrettable. We ask for your patience as we take on another hurdle in the marvelous world of making model trains.

Thank you for your understanding and patience!

Bill Carl

Ken Braden

Just passing this along, Oh, and it looks like rain again today. :(

Sherrel - thank you. There is a lot more to post. Going to start photographing the score of freight cars soon. I know how popular pictures are here. It is sad, bit thankfully there are no children that now have to ask why daddy isn't coming home. Since coming to embrace my faith more strongly, I realize that even tho this was caused by a preventable accident, it was no accident. It was simply his time to go home.

Since coming to embrace my faith more strongly, I realize that even tho this was caused by a preventable accident, it was no accident. It was simply his time to go home.

As it will be for all of us in time. I just wish "HE" would take more of the "worthless type" and leave the remainder alone! AND, YES ... I do know that the statement I just made is not very Christian like, AND, I don't care!

Avocados are a crime against humanity.
Might that be going too far? I'd say they are an unnatural spawn of Satan! That is defiantly going to far, but you get the idea.

Come to think of it; whose idea was it to put fruit in beer?

As it will be for all of us in time. I just wish "HE" would take more of the "worthless type" and leave the remainder alone! AND, YES ... I do know that the statement I just made is not very Christian like, AND, I don't care!
I got to chime in on this one!

I don't think he/she/whatever takes any of us, but I do believe we will all get true justice in the end.

Sherrel, don't be so hard on yourself. One of the reasons I don't think God chooses is that I believe God would choose just as you suggested.

It's that dog gone free will thing, Can't live with it and God says we can't live without it. Oh well, I have infinite faith, trust in our lord and tolerance for all beliefs.

God Bless America, the home of religious freedom. You know those founding fathers were pretty sharp; separation of church and state, pretty far ahead of it's time if you ask me.

Good thing religion is not a strictly forbidden topic, or my big old ass would have been banned years ago!

1533146845687.png

you know me, I had to pick the one with the Christmas hat!

I had a similar conversation with one of our church elders on Sunday. He told me that it's ok to get mad at or even to question God. Just as long as you are ok with his answer. He also told me that someone older and wiser than him once told him that God's answers fall into one of three categories: Yes. No. And wait.

Might that be going too far? I'd say they are an unnatural spawn of Satan! That is defiantly going to far, but you get the idea.

Although I don't drink beer, I'm going to say that it was probably the same people that thought participation trophies were a good idea. The kind of folk that like to ruin everything for everyone else.

Afternoon All,

Did the monthly grocery store exodus today and replaced my truck battery since it was on it's way out. Getting a haircut tomorrow and Friday we have to take youngest grandson to middle school to get his assigned lap top for school that starts in 2 weeks. Daughter (2nd grade teacher) went back to school today.

Greg- Nice. Thumbs up to your wife.

Justin- Nice looking loco.

Chet- Nice view from your house and rail shot.

Louis- Aren't hopps considered fruit, but I'm not sure.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Or even worse, vegetable(pumpkin)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back