Running Bear's July 2018 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning fellers. Getting a small break from the heat today. Nothing else to report on really. Guess why I haven't said too much lately. I've been pulling a Ken and just lurking around here. Enjoy everyone's photos that have been posted. Some nice modeling as always by everyone. I really need to work on my layout bad. Haven't done much to it lately. I have decided I'm going to replace the busted turnout I have. Not something I'm too entirely happy about but it's causing a dead spot going into the yard and that really bugs me.

Beady - I thought that it was quite amusing, but I see that it has been removed this morning. I disagree with the removal.
Thanks. I simply found and and wanted to share a funny story. In context, the "obscenity" was a perfect fit. One or two people disagreed and were offended. I attemped to deal with it via PM, but it seems that both my morality and motives are repugnant on their face, end of "discussion." Oh well, "To the innocent, all things are innocent..." Time for a beer.

Coffee shop is awfully quiet today. Hope everyone is getting lots of time in with their trains so we can get some more pics and updates on layouts.

I've been up to my butt in alligators, not much time to post.
Are you sure that we allow that kind of talk here?
Maybe I will report you to the moderator - WAIT? How do you report a moderator to the moderator?

For those who seemed to have missed the date on the SF motive power - the date was 1996-- as in the 1996 in the subject line.
OK - here is the rest of the story on the Kodachrome C30-7 as told courtesy of Bob Finan:
"When their GE lease had expired, they were returned to the lessor. The Santa Fe was short of power, and they leased the units back from GE; some were still painted in the “Kodachrome” scheme."

Are we all good now?

I may not be available for a few days. Dropped my laptop and it landed on the charging plug which promptly broke same. It finally came apart this morning, so when the battery is drained - I will be outta business till new one arrives.
(not that anyone really cares)

Spousal Unit drove up in the RV last night at midnight. Nothing was broken!

Hotter than blazes today - not temp - but humidity is such that I do not have a dry thread on me after being outsde for an hour. Not used to that at all!

I may not be available for a few days. Dropped my laptop and it landed on the charging plug which promptly broke same. It finally came apart this morning, so when the battery is drained - I will be outta business till new one arrives.
(not that anyone really cares)

Spousal Unit drove up in the RV last night at midnight. Nothing was broken!

Hotter than blazes today - not temp - but humidity is such that I do not have a dry thread on me after being outsde for an hour. Not used to that at all!
I THINK this is the charger for your laptop:
https://www.amazon.com/Sleekbook-14...31955694&sr=8-4&keywords=hp+sleekbook+charger

Sherrel ..... Thanks for the information about the Santa Fe locomotives. I think similar circumstances were common regarding expired locomotive leases. The leases expired before newer locomotives were acquired to replace them, and the railroads would simply lease them again from the leasing company on a short term basis.

Sherrel - sounds like you're hanging around with Murphy now. He must be out wandering away from his semi permanent residence. Lol. I also feel your pain with the humidity. I spend many an hour each day looking like I ran through the sprinklers I'm repairing. Sometimes I have to walk in em just to cool off.

Everyone got quiet again....Must be dinner time!

While Garry was listening for the pin to drop, I was listening to the sound of red meat sensually calling my name. We enjoyed a wonderful rendezvous. Lol

Here's a photo for y'all.

Attachments

• 37296609_1622694794519406_99330842525958144_n.jpg
    37296609_1622694794519406_99330842525958144_n.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 136
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back