Running Bear's January 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 33940
https://www.facebook.com/StarvinMarvinWelch?fref=nf&__tn__=,dm*F-R&eid=ARCemDt9Zan3A5CX4mLkQoY_NI9mD4iQEJz_yHG0UmpctuRJrFJkZgMYXy9ac5bRolvOkRJdNIebLuC3
Cloverland Dairy Building on N. Monroe Street and Windsor Avenue. Baltimore, MD Marvin Welch - ‎Baltimore's Past and Present Memories
(If you don't have a cow, call Cloverland now) That was the milk I grew up on. I kept the milk man busy. My Nanny told me I drank at least one quart of milk everyday. Bless her heart she happily paid for every drop.

It must do a body good. I was 6' tall when I was 10. I never broke a major bone in my body, other than a pinky toe. That is until I took a swan dive off of my ice coated brick porch steps in december 2017. When Johns Hopkins extracted bone marrow from me they had to use a never before used tool to get through my extremely dense bone. The surgeon told me he had never seen bone so dense. For a minute I thought he was talking about my head ;)

Jim Henson's 1965 commercial for the Cloverland Farms Dairy in Maryland was one of the first times he used the Chroma-key technique to insert a background. For the first time, Jim could hide a group of puppeteers while still giving his character, the Cloverland Cow, dynamic and complicated movement.

We had a Milk Company here in Minnesota called Cloverleaf Milk. Very similar and as I remember, the Cloverleaf Milk Difco trucks had very similar color schemes! Who is copying who?

View attachment 33940
https://www.facebook.com/StarvinMarvinWelch?fref=nf&__tn__=,dm*F-R&eid=ARCemDt9Zan3A5CX4mLkQoY_NI9mD4iQEJz_yHG0UmpctuRJrFJkZgMYXy9ac5bRolvOkRJdNIebLuC3
Cloverland Dairy Building on N. Monroe Street and Windsor Avenue. Baltimore, MD Marvin Welch - ‎Baltimore's Past and Present Memories
(If you don't have a cow, call Cloverland now) That was the milk I grew up on. I kept the milk man busy. My Nanny told me I drank at least one quart of milk everyday. Bless her heart she happily paid for every drop.

It must do a body good. I was 6' tall when I was 10. I never broke a major bone in my body, other than a pinky toe. That is until I took a swan dive off of my ice coated brick porch steps in december 2017. When Johns Hopkins extracted bone marrow from me they had to use a never before used tool to get through my extremely dense bone. The surgeon told me he had never seen bone so dense. For a minute I thought he was talking about my head ;)

Jim Henson's 1965 commercial for the Cloverland Farms Dairy in Maryland was one of the first times he used the Chroma-key technique to insert a background. For the first time, Jim could hide a group of puppeteers while still giving his character, the Cloverland Cow, dynamic and complicated movement.
I still get milk delivered in glass bottles where I live.Taste the best out of glass.I think Hoover's Dairy is the last in NYS to do home delivery.

WOW - It's very dark here at this time, and looking at the radar, we should be in the middle of a real downpour; however there is no raindrops to be seen???
Can't see my keyboard - need to turn on a light!

Looks like spring is on the way.

overhead shot..jpg

Overhead shot from my yard, heading NNW.

Good Afternoon All,

Did a bunch of chores today. The only thing done in the train room today was giving several sized bundles of strip wood a diluted paint bath in preparation for the next several steps on the build.

Karl- Nice looking WM steamer.

Joe- Thank you. You should apply for the Zamboni job! Unfortunately I know what you mean all too well about restless sleep.

Terry- ABBA is about the only Disco style music I will listen to.

Willie- Nice looking buildings.

Louis- Interesting photos again.

Garry- Yeah, I had to explain about the rails last night to my wife.

I hope everyone has a good night.

I still get milk delivered in glass bottles where I live.Taste the best out of glass.I think Hoover's Dairy is the last in NYS to do home delivery.

Tom: I'm under the impression that Byrne also delivers, based on seeing their truck in my son's neighborhood.

We'll see what the rodent has to say on Saturday.:cool:

Tom: Which one? Last year only Staten Island Sal got it right. He stayed in the chuck hole and refused to come out. :oops:

ABBA is about the only Disco style music I will listen to.

Curt: No Donna Summer?

Joe- Thank you. You should apply for the Zamboni job! Unfortunately I know what you mean all too well about restless sleep.

Curt: I I thought I could climb up on it, I would. :rolleyes: The sleep problem is really getting annoying.

Louis, Sherrel only told you about the brass monkey cuz he remembers them from his youth! :rolleyes::D

Karl: I didn't know, it was before my time.

Tomorrow, morning, we drive to Northern New York. Hopefully, the lake effect snow will be done by the time we get near the snow belt. Departure depends upon the co-operation of Miss Molly, the Kitty. This is a short one, we will be back Monday. By that time temperatures will be in the 40s and the sno will be melting...

Boris

It was -25 last night. Today it got up to +4, and right now it's +2. I honest-to-god stayed in bed all day. State-wide, adding insult to injury, there was a fire that shut down one of the power company's natural gas facilities. As a result, virtually everyone in the state was sent home, and the governor asked everyone to set their thermostats to 65 or lower. On Monday, the temp is expected to rise to 50!

In other news, Ollie came home yesterday and is trying to hide from his human mother's attentions.

Good evening gang!
Finally have a chance to sit down!
Today's temps have kept us hopping all day. I expected to have a few dead battery calls,,,,,,got none. Nope, but we did get over 25 calls about diesel trucks either not starting, dying, or just running bad. The culprit? Gelled fuel caused by the single digit weather. No, it wasn't the long time truck owners or construction companies. No it was all the Harry Homeowner/weekend warrior types, that think that now they spent 70,000 + on a truck that they are now invinceable.

All I could tell them was that they have a choice. Tow it in, let us keep it in the shop overnight and we can add the Diesel 911 additive, (at their expense), or keep it their own garage and add the Diesel 911, (less expense) , or wait til Saturday when temps will be in the 50s. (cheap!) Oh, and they could get the additive just down the street at the NAPA store (that my son manages).

Beady. Glad to hear Ollie is home

Louis Betcha didn't know that MARC 7100 is a dummy. Yes, no prime mover, just lights and a control cab. Who says there are no prototype dummies!

All I could tell them was that they have a choice. Tow it in, let us keep it in the shop overnight and we can add the Diesel 911 additive, (at their expense), or keep it their own garage and add the Diesel 911, (less expense) , or wait til Saturday when temps will be in the 50s. (cheap!) Oh, and they could get the additive just down the street at the NAPA store (that my son manages).
Don't they still have plug-in heaters?

CCoffran .... Good to see you here in the Coffee Shop. Feel free to visit here more often.

The UP Big Boy video is very interesting.

Getting a bit of rain here this evening, the first in quite a while. Someone said about walking on the frozen grass and hearing it crunch, mine has been crunching too, but because it's so dry. Up north, some places have had over 3 feet of rain in 3 days and another 3-4 days to go. Caused by a tropical low, dragging the Monsoon trough, down from the tropics. The Tasmanian situation is a little improved with the arrival of cooler weather and the Rel's have been allowed back home again, but still under a "watch and act". They can see fires on the hill facing their place that the water bombers are dealing with. They're not unpacking the car just yet. Their ducks are still there, but the chickens have disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back