Running Bear's February 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOWDY y'all. 62 and cloudy-should git up about 82. Tonight down to the 40's with a high tomorrow 'bout 55 . Weather's been like a see-saw..
Wish all a fine day.
Just remember- IF YOU CAN'T FIND THE SUNSHINE, BE THE SUNSHINE.

pHIL

Afternoon All,

Did a bunch of small things around the house then spent a couple of hours cleaning 32 saved turnouts of left over ballast. Next thing to clean is the flex track that I saved. A subvet unit is starting up locally so I'll be checking them out. The first meeting is the end of March. I volunteered to help out with the initial bylaws since I was on the bylaw committee for the local IAFF when I was still working.

Tomorrow we're heading to Tampa for the weekend so I will be back on here Monday.

Greg- Nice job on decaling.

Johnny- Very nicely done.

Willie- I'm sure whatever you decide to do will be very nice.

Joe- Interesting photo.

I hope everyone has a good night and weekend.

Patrick: High horsepower pickups can be unpredictable with their light rear end and all that power. My Chevy Silverado with the 355 HP engine will spin its rear wheels with out trouble on the slightest wet roads. But, fun!!!!

And the Colorado with it's 2.9l 4-cylinder is the highest horsepower truck I've ever owned. That includes the 1979 and 1981 full size trucks I owned (sad isn't it). This truck spun the OEM tires on damp pavement when I first got it. I bought a different brand and while I lost 1 mpg, I have very good wet traction.

Once upon a time, I worked for a large automotive manufacturer, and one of the things I was involved with was putting the 5.6L v8 from their full size truck in their mid size truck and SUV. The mid size units ended up too heavy in the front, and suffered from severe oversteer. Straight-line acceleration was great, as long as the rear tires could maintain traction.

Some more work from the guy who did Greg's loco and cab.
This is scratch built 1/25 scale
Full set of photos here: http://www.frisco.org/shipit/index.php?threads/workshop-wednesday.10880/page-88
1582223883174.png

1582234877826.png

1582235105336.png

Good afternoon .

Trying to catch up..... I, too, get yellow stripes across top sometimes when "liking".

Beady ..... Thanks for telling us your wife's cataract surgery went well for her one eye. Glad to hear it. My cataract surgery is now scheduled for early March.

Willie .... Good thoughts about using a trailer. I also think the Airstream would be too rich looking.

Johnny .... Your firehouse interior is fantastic.

Boris .... Sad to see the GG1's like that.

Karl ..... I liked watching the video of the 0-4-0 with Keep Alive..... What is the difference between KA2, KA3, and KA4? . I'm thinking of getting one to try.

Sherrel ..... The model of the Frisco tractor is excellent.

Greg ..... Your CM&N switcher is very scuzzy looking. Well Done ! I also like the freight cars you showed.

Everybody ..... Happy Model Railroading !

Karl ..... I liked watching the video of the 0-4-0 with Keep Alive..... What is the difference between KA2, KA3, and KA4? . I'm thinking of getting one to try.

Garry, AFAIK, it's just the amount of energy stored. Also size comes into play here, more storage = more bulk. For a nice all-in- one mobile decoder (without sound) try a TCS KAT24. I recently installed on on a NWSL Stanton drive and the little bugger gets around pretty well, even over old Atlas switches with dead frogs.
For more than you ever wanted to know about adding Keep Alive circuits to existing decoders, go to HERE

L8ter all, gotta go pay for all this stuff!!

Good morning y'all. Happy Friday! it's sunny and 21 this morning, going to 37°.

CR Browns Yard 2001 - Pit Track.jpg

Brown's Yard,Engine track, on the Conrail, (Shared Assets), Amboy Secondary Track in 2001. Spent a lot of time at this pace over the years.

9434 at 46th St.jpg

Baldwin DS4-4-1000 at West Philadelphia, (46th Street Roundhouse), in 1960. Note the front of a GE 44 ton switcher, on the adjacent track.

Morning all,

Infamous 1/2 day Friday today. Still I have time for blue plate breakfast and coffee.

Just a prototype question for the crowd: Everyday I cross a and parallel the BNSF Emporia sub. Along the parallel, there's a spot where 1 rail becomes 2. There's a double headed what appears to be a stop light (each has a red and green) which I assume is one for each rail, To which rail would each light apply? (similar to this):
railway-light-signal-stock-photo_csp8629244.jpg

Trumps' fault..Orange Man Bad
LOL, I always assume it's the ISP at work.

Good morning. The sn*w has stopped, and it's 29. It began yesterday around 1:00, when it was still 35 degrees, and melted before it could accumulate. There's maybe an inch on the ground, and none on the road. I'm now satisfied with Winter. I've seen some snow.
I do know why it hasn't sn*wed more this season... I got the 4WD Colorado last Summer, and was hoping to justify the extra expense by needing it to drive to w*rk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back