IMG_3204.jpg
    362.2 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_3205.jpg
    IMG_3205.jpg
    347.1 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_3206.jpg
    IMG_3206.jpg
    402.3 KB · Views: 141
Willie- The Chevy pickup will a nice addition to the Majestic. But that dog looks like he will lick you half to death and beat you with his wagging tail.

Spent part of the day ordering a new Whirlpool fridge. It looks similar to the full freezer and fits in the built-in space.

OLD SOUTHERN SAYING- The only time housework comes before reading and needlework is in the dictionary.

Good morning. It's partly cloudy and 27.
I got two pairs of new glasses yesterday, and I'll be heading back today to exchange one pair of them for something that actually fits. I tried to refuse them yesterday, but the (new) guy behind the counter told me to take them home and try them for the weekend. Since there was a line of people waiting behind me, I took them and left.

...And I discovered to my chagrin that the eyeglass place is closed on Sunday, meaning I'll either have to drive straight there after work tomorrow before they close, or wait until next Saturday to get the problem resolved.

Good morning. It's partly cloudy and 27.
I got two pairs of new glasses yesterday, and I'll be heading back today to exchange one pair of them for something that actually fits. I tried to refuse them yesterday, but the (new) guy behind the counter told me to take them home and try them for the weekend. Since there was a line of people waiting behind me, I took them and left.

Zenni optical
https://www.zennioptical.com/
Eliminate the middle man men.
Order direct from china, around $25 for single vision, arrive in a week or two.

Morning all. Attended the MAD City show yesterday. Seems to get a little smaller every year. Didn't bring home much, but did make a leap. I've bought several diesels with Lok Sound decoders recently. Up until now I've resisted using JMRI to program. My Tsunami steamers are so easy to program off the throttle I just never saw the need. The modern diesel decoders are a different animal though. So many functions and variables it's near impossible to keep track of it all! I figured what the hell, time to get off my duff and learn this stuff. Can't have the youngsters rolling their eyes at me! I picked up a Lok Programmer and brought it home. Got it for a reasonable discount. I set it up and got it operating. The Rapido RS-11's I bought had an error in the functions. The red emergency light didn't blink like it should, so I figured, hey, change one CV, and I even know which one because one had been done at the club for me. The perfect first task, right? Simple, right? Wrong!!! So I proceeded to put this thing on the program track and completely FUBAR it. I don't know WHAT I did, but the result was that nothing worked the way it was supposed to anymore. I could not get the decoder to reset. I fiddled with this thing for hours and finally rescued myself by placing the good locomotive on the program track, reading the decoder, then put the FUBARed one on the track and writing that file to it. Ta Da! Turns out the function mapping was all switched around. Now I'm stopping until I learn a little more about this thing. It's a powerful tool, and will do whatever you tell it to, assuming you know what the hell you are doing. Once I get it learned, it's going to be a great thing to have, but after watching a few of their instructional videos, I've concluded that you also need someone who has some experience with it to watch over your shoulder and throw you a life line if necessary. They tend to assume everyone is as computer literate as they are. We aren't!

Morning all. Attended the MAD City show yesterday. Seems to get a little smaller every year. Didn't bring home much, but did make a leap. I've bought several diesels with Lok Sound decoders recently. Up until now I've resisted using JMRI to program. My Tsunami steamers are so easy to program off the throttle I just never saw the need. The modern diesel decoders are a different animal though. So many functions and variables it's near impossible to keep track of it all! I figured what the hell, time to get off my duff and learn this stuff. Can't have the youngsters rolling their eyes at me! I picked up a Lok Programmer and brought it home. Got it for a reasonable discount. I set it up and got it operating. The Rapido RS-11's I bought had an error in the functions. The red emergency light didn't blink like it should, so I figured, hey, change one CV, and I even know which one because one had been done at the club for me. The perfect first task, right? Simple, right? Wrong!!! So I proceeded to put this thing on the program track and completely FUBAR it. I don't know WHAT I did, but the result was that nothing worked the way it was supposed to anymore. I could not get the decoder to reset. I fiddled with this thing for hours and finally rescued myself by placing the good locomotive on the program track, reading the decoder, then put the FUBARed one on the track and writing that file to it. Ta Da! Turns out the function mapping was all switched around. Now I'm stopping until I learn a little more about this thing. It's a powerful tool, and will do whatever you tell it to, assuming you know what the hell you are doing. Once I get it learned, it's going to be a great thing to have, but after watching a few of their instructional videos, I've concluded that you also need someone who has some experience with it to watch over your shoulder and throw you a life line if necessary. They tend to assume everyone is as computer literate as they are. We aren't!

I've been using JMRI for a few years now. It has a small learning curve, but it has also saved my butt on more than one occasion. Eventually I want to have my roster completely added in with photos of each engine and all the programming settings, one of these days.

Good morning - sitting here enjoying my coffee in front of a nice fire to take the chill off.
Yes, I finally got the Heatilator back together - the back plate had to go in first which necessitated removing the gas line and the two side plates. I'm getting too old to be laying on my back on the hearth - reaching up into the firebox - getting ash dumped in my face - and all sorts of leg and back cramps while wrestling around with 2 foot squares of concrete type material.

It's supposed to reach 70 today (was actually 72 yesterday) with mostly partly cloudy skies.

Today is errand day for the Spousal Unit and a luncheon gathering up on the mesa.

Good Morning All. 41° and foggy. Slept in late this morning after getting home after midnight. Enjoyed a fantastic party last night given by my two daughters for my wife's birthday. My 42 year old daughter came up to me and commented in the middle of things that three ladies [names redacted], all 69 YO had taken the bottle of tequila out to the patio and were doing shots! She was shocked, but I explained that our generation invented that practice!:cool: She really thought that only men under 30 did that! Not really. Wife scored well, garnering at least eight bottles of wine and a handful of gift cards.

Ham and eggs for me this morning Francine. What's Flo doing over there, trying on Terry's glasses?

Thanks for the likes and comments regarding the progress on the layout; Sherrel, Jerome, Bill, Dave, Phil, Curt, Tom, Karl, Garry, Mikey, Ken.

Earlier in the day, I did visit the train shed for a bit, but mainly ran trains and cleaned up some clutter. Added the pickup truck to the Majestic parking area and added some grain for Cal to sweep away over on the loading dock.
02-15-20 005.JPG

02-15-20 002.JPG

Sherrel - That's a really nice picture of Frisco 816 that you found. Glad to read that the Heatilator is back together and that you only came away with minor cramps.
Greg - I am in complete agreement in taking my time to do modeling. I have disassembled and reassembled some second-hand structures before due to shoddy workmanship. I knew in advance that it was going to be necessary but the price was right and they all fit into my scheme.
Tom - Glad that you got the time for some pictures.
Mikey -
Willie- The Chevy pickup will a nice addition to the Majestic. But that dog looks like he will lick you half to death and beat you with his wagging tail.
Not to worry, "Dawg" guards that pickup bed with a passion.
Terry - Fully agree about the imported eyeglasses. I have only had my first pair ever for about three weeks, and Sam's Club will make any adjustments that I need for at least a year.

I need to go now. Everybody have a great day.

Good morning, America. It's been several days since I've been on here and boy, did I ever miss out on a whole lot of stuff! A lot of really nice projects and pictures and some good memes as well. I'm looking at you, Beady! And I see that you're having a strong influence on Boris too!:p

We had a couple of days of bad weather and woke up to -10 degrees Friday morning, but that is behind us now. Went to the oral surgeon's place for my one week check up Thursday morning. It went well and the doctor told me he was surprised I was doing as well as I was. I only had two wisdom teeth, both in my lower jaw. He said the right side wasn't too bad, but that the left side was a real bear to get out. I was still swollen and black and blue with varying tints of green and yellow thrown in for good measure. He said that they really worked me over and that I wasn't 20 years old anymore. It still hurts pretty darn bad on my left side, but the right side is pretty close to being back to normal. I go back in two weeks for a final check up and he said that by then I should be back to normal. As if I ever was!:)

The closing day is officially set for Feb. 26. Will be here before we know it. Getting excited about it. Nothing left to do but give them lots of money and get writers cramp. Oh ya,..........and move!

You don't realize how much this site gets to be a part of your routine until you don't have time to stop by! Stay safe and see you later!

BBoB - Not for nothing - As JOE likes to say - when I had my few remaining teeth taken out for dentures, a couple of them "splintered". Man, I was removing chips from for several weeks as they came to the surface of my gums. A couple of them I had to stop by the Dentist office and have him take them out. Only thing now in retrospect is that I should have gone to dentures years before I did! I spent far too many hours in "the chair" during my 30's and 40's.

I have always liked JMRI and Decoder Pro. I started with these programs since the beginning when they 1st came out. There has been many upgrades since but in my opinion the best systems. I have already incorporated all my DCC locos in with jpeg pics of each loco. The one thing I want to do soon which is coming soon on the horizon is to buy a new laptop that will be dedicated to my layout and these programs only. It will stay hooked up to the layout via PR3. This will happen once I finish the ground work of my layout. Which is progressing nicely.

Good Morning Everyone...sunny here in Wisconsin.

We had a good time yesterday at the bar and grill that has a Southwestern theme and is called Bristol County and I felt like I was back in Arizona. The Mrs. played the slot machines and I took a $5 bill and joined her with the my goal of once the $5 is gone I will quit playing. She tried to show me how to play the game and I started it with an accidental $3.85 bet which I immediately lost. The second time around I played .30 and got 29 free games and then replayed the .30 and got 49 free games. The end result was that I won $19.00 on .30. Then I did quit.

Going to watch the 500 today. Then maybe work on the trains later.

If I do any modeling today it would be adding decals to the last patched hopper car. Then I should be fine with the number of coal hoppers for the coal mine operations and short coal unit trains.

The hand held vacuum works great with lots of power. Looking forward to cleaning the layout. As a bonus I can use the vac to clean up around the bottom of my modeling work shop bench.

That's all for now.

Greg

##################

IMG_0243 (1).JPG

A rock formation near the Saxeville tunnel. I used a Woodland Scenics rock mold and Color Rite products to stain the casting.-Greg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back