Running Bear's February 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon All,

Well, I screwed up today. When I aligned the pool piping for the solar power (on roof) and discovered a large leak so I went to shut the valve and I shut the wrong one causing instant over pressurization of the filter canister blowing out the side. That's probably a $250 replacement. :mad:

Tom- Thanks for sharing the photos. I need one of those pig snack stands!

Terry- Makes sense about the auction.

Garry- Thank you and I hope your mouth feels better.

Max- Thank you.

Willie- Thank you. Great looking buildings. I built the Bruckner building years ago.

Joe- I just went through that drill about 6 months ago with my P/U.

Karl- Nice little switcher.

Dave- That is outstanding scratch building.

Chet- Thank you. Nice rail pictures.

I added what details I could before getting the build on the layout.

20190220_135048-2016x980.jpg

20190220_135323-3024x1470.jpg

20190220_135426-2016x980.jpg

20190220_135546-3024x1470.jpg

20190220_135710-980x2016.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Good afternoon. It did warm up to 35 degrees with the sun out.

Curt - All I can say is WOWZERS, BEAUTIFUL. That will be quite the addition to your layout. Can't wait to see it in place.

My Walthers Mainline F-7 A&B unit showed up in the mail today. I am impressed. I needed something to run at the club that could pull a decent size train and this will do it. Exceptionally smooth on DC and the prime mover sound is not too loud as some others can be.

thumbnail_20190220_130012.jpg thumbnail_20190220_132321.jpg

Shot a short video of it at the top of the two and a half percent grade. Added around half a dozen more cars to the train and it didn't blink.

Now I can get out and run with the big dogs at the club.

Curt: Sorry to hear about your $250 mishap.
The feed/farm supply is outstanding! Excellent job!

Chet: The F's are real nice! Good choice of road name. Great photos & video! Thanks for sharing.

Curt: Nice job on the building, sorry 'bout the filter canister.

Chet: Nice looking F7.

Beady: You are a piece of work!

Boris

GREAT VIDEO CHET! :D

CURT - WOW - just - WOW! A great build ....:cool:
and sorry to hear about the filter breaking. :eek:

Willie - Nice buildings you posted too!

It;s spitting rain tonight. We have had some moisture for 8 days in a row - highly uncommon in these here parts, and we are at 16+ inches with the rain season only 1/2 over. Snow level is expected to get down to 2000 feet which will place some white on the hills surrounding this here valley.

And there you have it - till later.

Dave: The freight hoppers caught my eye also. My uncle and a friend, when they came home from WWII, hopped around the country in the summer of '46. I always wanted to try it, but could never get anyone to go along.

I remember the Jimmy Rodgers song. The 3rd verse fits in well. Good writing!

Dave, Max: The fellow in the Outside Brased Box car helping the other guy get in really caught my eye too. I model the period prior to that and have a special liking for the colorful individuals those two depict ! It just seems to be a hell of a high floor to get in as the guy seems to be doing ?

Good morning all,
0 degrees and sunny! Expecting 4 to 6" snow tomorrow. Winter didn't start here until Jan. 5 or so but in the last two weeks made up for it. Snow removal is so bad in Minneapolis that on many streets we lost an entire lane, and no effort has been made to remove the snow.

Here is a shot of my switcher:

View attachment 34545

I love all the photos!

have a banner day...

Dave: I like your Mantua switcher, is it a 0-4-0 or 0-6-0 ? I still have my little 0-4-0 Mantua like that.

Good morning Everybody!

I had a lot of fun yesterday playing in the snow with my grandson and our beagles. Now I'm worn out and sore, but it was well worth it!

STRUCTURE KIT BASHING CONTEST ANNOUNCED, see General Discussion for this information.

Chet, Your Fs look like my older Blue Box Fs. Yours probably run smoother and mine don't have sound (yet).

We're +9 above with light overcast and a bright moon, right now.

Good Morning All. 42° and mostly cloudy. Went to the big city of Dallas yesterday to run some errands, so naturally I had to stop at Discount Model Railroad on the way back. Picked up mostly vehicles and detail parts. Misread a price tag and paid $19 for one pick up truck while paying $9 for another that is actually a better model. Shame on me. Later I added some previously painted details to the layout, but the pictures are all crappy.

Thanks for the comments and likes on yesterday's photos, Louis, Jim, Dave, Chet, Tom, Curt, Sherrel, David and anyone that I accidentally overlooked.

Joe -
the car even retained it's memory during the changeover
Lucky you on that!
Dave - I still have your You Tube site bookmarked and I go back and view some of them occasionally.
Curt - Yes, the Bruckner Building is an old one for me. I built it many years ago for the old layout, and it has been in storage for almost 11 years. I did a little rehab on it about a year ago. Your farm supply structure is a really nice one. I like the detailing (and the modifications) on the loading dock quite well. I eyeballed this kit a few years ago, but the price and size put me off. It's just too big for my available areas even now that I can afford it, although it would fit into the era and locale very well.

Everyone have a great day.

Good Morning gang

Our snowmageddon is over, it's 35° degrees heading for a high in the lower 50s. We had 6 inches of the stuff, which the snow blower made quick work of, then it rained and froze last night. The driveway was a skating rink this morning taking the trash out, thank God it's level!!

Mark, I see your contest, I've got some ideas!;)

Oh well, time for w*rk, is it the weekend yet???:rolleyes:

1550752461792.png

Its sometime in the 30s with two Burlington Route trains at West Hinsdale, Illinois. We see the steam streamlined Aeolus locomotive on the left and a shovel nosed Zephyr on the right-possibly the Denver Zephyr. John A. Fostik, MBA
Classic Streamliners

Good morning. 16 degrees with light snow.

Have a pre-surgery appointment this morning and have to see the vampire to get blood drawn and an EKG. That means I will have to brush all of the snow off of the car. Haven't had to do that for a while and I don't miss it.

Thanks for the comments on the F-7's. I was a bit hesitant to order them but I will have to admit that I am impressed with them. The Mainline series does not have all of the details the upper scale models have, but I can add these later. I really like the weight of these locomotives. My RS-1 is so light that it can barely handle 10 cars on the grades at the club. Can't believe how smoothly they run. Some of the other DCC locomotives I have can be finicky running on DC, but not these. Ray, there will be no need for mid train helpers with this pair. I had 30 cars behind them and they pulled the grade and didn't break a sweat. When I get back, I'll let them run to break them in and then keep adding cars to see what the max they can pull the grade with. Think I will put the RS-1 and the BLU NW-2 up for sale at the train show in Livingston in April. I would recommend these Mainline units to anyone.

Curt - That was a pricey mistake, OUCH.

Louis - Nice shot of the Burlington locomotives. Keep them coming.

Mark - I do have one Blue Box F-7 I custom painted years ago and it looks almost as good as there. I did put a can motor in it when it was painted. What a difference.

Gotta get headed to town. Here's a rail photo for today.

Train-Track-Desktop-Wallpapers.jpg

Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back