Running Bear's February 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning everyone. We've been celebrating my wife's safe return home, and letting her rest mostly these past few days. We'll be out of pocket for a week, taking a little trip. Will catch up later.
Have a good day everyone.

Johnny ..... Good to hear Dena is home . Have a good little trip. Prayers continue.

Good afternoon. It’s cloudy and 57.
My wife just called me, she accidentally threw away her insulin.
I have to go get some on my way home.
Of course, it’s the $400 per refill version.
Sigh...

But Terry, that would negate the need for the food chain of folks who earn their living raising funds for the government entity. Look at all the toll taker jobs already eliminated by express toll lanes...

Boris
Legally, it would also be a denial of due process.

Good morning everyone. We've been celebrating my wife's safe return home, and letting her rest mostly these past few days. We'll be out of pocket for a week, taking a little trip. Will catch up later.
Have a good day everyone.
Have a good one.

We're at the hospital, waiting for my mother to complete a scheduled treatment. Probably won't get home until 4:30 or 5. Don't know if I'll get down to the basement today. I think I overdid it yesterday, my back is killing me and the Tramadol is at home. Once I get those brackets in place, though, the actual construction is over.

I'm curious to see, once it's all set up, how much will be left over. I know I've got way too much rolling stock to have out at once; I'm reasonably certain I'll need a lot more trees (I plan to hide something in the middle of a forest); I think I'll need more streets and houses; etc.

Probably no more than the current method of collecting vehicle property tax here. You are billed what they say the vehicle is worth in your registration fees. If you don’t agree with their assessment, you can file an appeal after you send in your money. If they decide in your favor, they will send you a refund.
Very few refunds are sent.

Good afternoon all,
nice to see the usual suspects, with a few new ones thrown in, as I said it will take a while to catch up, still trying to get the feel for the new look and features...

Here is a scene from about a mile away from our retirement home, about 100 years ago. Something I will be including on the layout:

This shot is taken viewing South. The town in Groningen, I will guess prior to 1925. Below is an aerial photograph from 1939, the water tank and buildings are visible on the right side of the tracks toward the bottom of the photo:

Well, couldn't seem to get the photos corrrect, I will try again:
groningen.jpg

Afternoon All,

Spent the afternoon with SIL replacing several screen panels on the pool deck. I'm beat. The temp wasn't bad but the humidity was bad. I looked at the shed on the build and it looks like I don't have enough of the scale wood that I need. It looks like I will be about 2" short. Of course I made some stair supports with this size wood so if I hadn't done that I would have enough materialo_O.

Beady- That should make a nice sized layout.

Max- Interesting photos.

Chet- Thank you. Great pictures.

Johnny- Congrats on Dena's return and have a great time.

Terry- Ouch! Big surprise about the refunds.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Probably no more than the current method of collecting vehicle property tax here. You are billed what they say the vehicle is worth in your registration fees.

Catch is that universally, ownership and operation of a motor vehicle are considered a privilege, which can be revoked for cause which is determined by the state. That would include violations, moving or otherwise including failure to maintain registration, failure to insure, failure to pay MV fines and surcharges, metal or physical impairment or anything else determined by the state.

Boris

Done! The Tramadol took hold and I got the brackets on. Not perfect, but any two pieces of plywood are as level as they can be. I would like to thank my mechanic's dolly, without whose help this would have been much more difficult. I guess this means that "construction" is now over. Seeing what a toll this has been, physically, I'm glad I didn't attempt a more conventional build.
20190218_201324.jpg
FB_IMG_1549135741155.jpg

Last edited:
Hiya gang!
Went to a Presidents Day train auction today, and I am pleased with my takings. One auction consisted of over 1000 pieces of electrical stuff. 550 electrical connectors(pin type, male and female) 350 resistors mounted on cards, 250 of those low temp solder, shrink tubing all in one connectors, a few terminal blocks and some wire (no pic) 8 Athearn B&O hoppers, some with loads and KD's, an Athearn BN switcher that someone added a can motor to, a P2K GP9 in B&O, and an Atlas/Kato NKP RS11. 3 HO scale Mack Texaco semi's and 1 Pennzoil semi.
20190218_214307.jpg
20190218_213606.jpg
20190218_213611.jpg
20190218_214155.jpg

The trains are neat, but these trucks are nothing short of amazing! Like I said, I have 3 of the texaco trucks, I'll bet at least 1 of em may get a repaint!

And the absolutely best part of it was that at the same auction I sold a few of my own excess items for 65 bucks, so all this stuff cost me less than a hundred bucks!

Oh happy day!

Good morning Everybody!

It's 32 with mostly clear skies in southeast Baltimore. A winter storm warning has been issued for 4am 2/20 through 7pm 2/20 Heavy mixed precipitation expected. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 6 inches and ice accumulations of around one tenth of an inch expected. Sounds like another snow day for local schools.

Lots of great posts here in the coffee shop, good to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back