Running Bear's February 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the Pennsy box cabs and would really like a P5 that BLI is coming out with, but now that I'm retired I can't justify the price tag

Curt: I hear you loud and clear. It was rare to just see one P5 on a train, it was always two or three, with Box Cabs and "Modifieds"" used interchangeably. That doubles or triples the cost.

Funny, how must haves, such as ConCor's MP54E MU Cars became I really don't needs, once I saw the price tag.

I'm waiting for BLI to (hopefully) offer a Baldwin Passenger Shark, which I will find a way to pay for. ;) The Bay Head to Jersey City "Broker" ran with a single unit.

Boris

To those that commented on the amount of rain. Our Bureau of Meteorology has classified the event as "Exceptional". If it had fallen in my area, I'd probably now be reporting from Samoa.

image.jpeg

With the wholesale price of milk below $0.15 per gallon they won't have to do anything. The farmers will be trimming their herds.

If they were smart they would be promoting American beef. Some foreign raised beef grazes on deforested land, much of it rain forest!

This highlights the problem, we swing from one extreme to the other without considering consequences.

Yeah, fine. Why?
Good to hear, I was worried about you, I thought you may have over done it with your lumber run, followed by an excursion the next day.

I know all to well about over doing it and the consequences it can have.

-14 below at the moment. Mostly cloudy and rising to +18 degrees today. I noticed yesterday when I drove to town at 6:00 AM, that the loom of Sunrise could already be seen (There was light off to the east). The days are getting longer. Daylight will be 10:21 hours long today.

Do you have any weather, today?

It's 36 with mostly cloudy skies in southeast Baltimore. Today's high is forecasted to be 50 with 0% chance of precipitation. My mild weather seems boring to me compared to others.

Not much going on here weather wise either. Its currently 5 degrees, with a forecast high in the 20s. pretty typical for this time of year. No precipitation till Sunday.

-14 below at the moment. Mostly cloudy and rising to +18 degrees today. I noticed yesterday when I drove to town at 6:00 AM, that the loom of Sunrise could already be seen (There was light off to the east). The days are getting longer. Daylight will be 10:21 hours long today.

Do you have any weather, today?

I noticed the longer days too! I was out and about the other night, and noticed it not completely dark till close to 6:00. Im ready for winter to make its exit, and looking forward to our spring thunderstorms. I'm actually kind of looking forward to mowing again (almost).

Good morning. It's raining and 45.
The replacement desktop is working like I expected the original one to work.

Good Morning All. 29° and cloudy. Daylight (visible) here is 11h 52m. Tomorrow will be 1m 52s longer.
Everybody have an awesome weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back