Running Bear's February 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruette, Nine post before I even get up! You lookin' to set some kind of record?

The 4-4-2 in post 738 looks like the old kit MDC Roundhouse came out with for their Atlantic!

Weather: I show -10 below, Weather Underground states -12 below with a high of 12 above. I'm hopeful for that warm of weather, as I still need to shovel snow off my deck which I have been working on for four days now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I screwed up, I bought my Hungarian wife expensive European coffee. I wanted to surprise her, she was surprised! It tastes like it has been on the stove all night! I have had much better coffee from vending machines in Europe.

Louis: Many years back I had a girlfriend who was half Armenian and lived with her Grandmother who was full Armenian. They made me, Demitasse Coffee that was so thick you could almost stand the teaspoon up in it ! !

Good Morning all,

A cold 7 degrees this morning after a high of 46 yesterday. There is no snow expected till Sunday, so that’s a plus. I noticed yesterday afternoon that is was almost 5:50 before it was totally dark. I guess we’re gaining some ground.

Happy Friday,

Louis: Many years back I had a girlfriend who was half Armenian and lived with her Grandmother who was full Armenian. They made me, Demitasse Coffee that was so thick you could almost stand the teaspoon up in it ! !
David that must be the Ottoman's influence. Turkish coffee is still like that, but at least they put in lots of sugar.

Here is some Trivia, the first coffee houses in Vienna came about after the Ottomans lifted the siege of Vienna. The retreating Ottoman armies left behind vast quantities of coffee beans. Like the old saying goes "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade" or in this case coffee.

1550235746546.png

You know what sucks about having a skinny butt? When your gluteus maximus muscles are sore it makes sitting down uncomfortable!

I need to plant my butt in my comfortable chair in the living room, before I take a nap.

Have a great day Everybody!

Good Morning Everyone. 49° and mostly cloudy. Only made it up to 78° yesterday, but I'll take that for Valentine's Day.
Doctor visit Wednesday was uneventful and I'm just waiting on the lab work now.
Everybody have a great day.

Good morning. 22 degrees and light snow.

There sure was some great photos posted. I am a fan of electrics and here are some oldies I have found of the Pennsy. As old as Joe is, he is probably familiar with a lot of them. Grin.gif

1200px-RRMOP_3936.JPG

3907wv-1.jpg

bce0d2c6010a8476a08a73458f89f4ce.jpg

PRR_B1_5960.jpg

PRR_FF1.jpg

Curt
- That building is really coming along nicely. A masterpiece for your layout.

I did get to run trains for a while, but it is really frustrating that I can't work on the layout in areas that I can't reach with this bum arm.

Here's a rail picture for today.

Photography-of-Railway-Tracks-snow-train-1024x768.jpg

Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back