Running Bear's February 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to work later today, thank God I can :) so it's nap time for me.

Have a great day Everybody!

PS I have owned dogs for most all of my life. I had 1 fantastic cat, Noel for over 16 years, but I never knew I had so much in common with cats until my sister posted that picture, ;)

Good morning everyone. Happy Valentine's Day to all. 49 and partly sunny here. Warm windy day on tap.

Willie - Belated Happy Birthday to your wife.

Again, nothing to report from the train room. My poor layout is gathering dust - I'll have to run the track cleaning car before I get back to any serious train running. Did all the house-cleaning chores last night - vacuum, mop, dusting, laundry, ironing, cooking - let's see, what did I miss?? Anyway, the house is clean and in pretty good shape for my wife's return tonight. Valentine's and Welcome Home presents on the coffee table - she'll have fun opening those.

Coffee's calling my name. Have a good day everyone.

Dogs and cats today, huh? Here are my favorites:

1550151277308.png

1550151342241.png

NYC George: Haven't seen many posts from you on this forum, although I see that you've been a member for many years. Nice to meet a fellow NYCentral modeler. So are you from NY?

Good morning. 24 degrees with flurries. Another Accuweather forecast gone bust. They were forecasting 7 to 10 inches of snow. So far barely enough to cover the grass and cars. Looking at the radar, there is some snow moving east in southern Idaho, but these snowfalls are normally stopped in their tracks by the Continental Divide.

Some nice photos. Like the B&O RDC and the WM covered wagons.

Here's my 2 cents on photos, a westbound North Coast Limited in Eola, IL in 1956 headed up with CB&Q power. NP power will take the train west from the twin cities. I always like those nice shiny CB&Q locomotives.

Eola, IL, 1956.jpg

Johnny
- I'm sure that your will will be glad to be back home.

Hope to get to spend some time in the train room later today.

Here's a rail picture for today.

Black-White-Close-Up-Of-Railroad-Tracks-Ties-Stone.jpg

Later

Greetings: Took MOH out to dine in the rain last evening at our favorite Mexican restaurant. We drove home in the rain, and I KYN- it has not stopped raining at this time. Not a terribly hard rain, but really steady all night long.
Temp is at the forecast high of 59 for today.

Nice photos everyone … Louis, I took your warning and did NOT "click" on the music? (if you can call it that) LOL!

The spousal unit and I were going to go look at a couple autos today - not now! I built a nice fire this morning, but I will run out of wood before the day is done. Unless it pauses the rain for a little while. Water is curb deep outside the window - the dogs are puzzled by the goings on.

Later ...

OK, THIS IS A BIG DEAL!
An LA tv station has just announced that todays rain will push the total for the year over the average OCT-APR annual rainfall amount.
I'm not exactly sure that I understand the whys of the Oct-Apr rainy period -- Why don't they just count it on an Annual basis?
It is what it is - depending on the definition of is, is.

OK, THIS IS A BIG DEAL!
An LA tv station has just announced that todays rain will push the total for the year over the average OCT-APR annual rainfall amount.
I'm not exactly sure that I understand the whys of the Oct-Apr rainy period -- Why don't they just count it on an Annual basis?
It is what it is - depending on the definition of is, is.

Maybe you should shop for a boat instead of a car.

OK - Now this is serious … The rain has caused a signal loss with our Direct TV! Coming down really hard at this time!

Strong coffee, what coffee, I slept great!

Sherrel, my wife had Direct TV before we got married, every time we had a thunder storm the signal pixelated at best or we would lose it completely. That's why I keep my Comcast cable.
1550165124108.png

Howdy...

Louis .... Nice photos ! ... The WM F7 ABA set # 54 looks nearly new.

Chet .... I enjoyed watching the NCL on the Burlington when growing up in Illinois. ..... I see the lead E9 still has painted sides while the second unit has stainless steel sides. CB&Q changed from painted sides on E-units to stainless steel sides. Only about half of Q's E-units were changed. So it was common to see a mixed set as in the photo. .....

Sherrel .... We also occasionally lose the satellite signal with Direct TV because of weather. .

Johnny .... Sometimes my wife is out of town for a few days. Like you just did, I do house cleaning the day before she gets home...... Tell Dena we are glad she is home and will continue praying for a full recovery.

I would expect most Direct TV folks to lose reception East of the Rockies where you get the Yougge TRW++ and torrential rain, but really, as Louis once said - this is semi desert type landscape here. WELL -- Not any more!

I finally caught a few minutes of sprinkles and coaxed the dogs reluctantly to venture out for a quick wee.
I walked on over to my "bucket" sitting up on a garden stool; this is a #8 size galvanized pail about a foot high.
The water was within an inch of being completely full from this time yesterday. Daughter was going to go out and visit with the MIL this morning, but had to turn back because the roads were flooded 8-10 inches deep.

Exciting times for us here in la-la land!

LOUIS - I don't know why the camelback loco was ever invented, nor why anyone would have one.
They must have been a nightmare to operate like being inside an oven.

I would expect most Direct TV folks to lose reception East of the Rockies where you get the Yougge TRW++ and torrential rain, but really, as Louis once said - this is semi desert type landscape here. WELL -- Not any more!

I finally caught a few minutes of sprinkles and coaxed the dogs reluctantly to venture out for a quick wee.
I walked on over to my "bucket" sitting up on a garden stool; this is a #8 size galvanized pail about a foot high.
The water was within an inch of being completely full from this time yesterday. Daughter was going to go out and visit with the MIL this morning, but had to turn back because the roads were flooded 8-10 inches deep.

Exciting times for us here in la-la land!

LOUIS - I don't know why the camelback loco was ever invented, nor why anyone would have one.
They must have been a nightmare to operate like being inside an oven.
The camelback came about because the coal required a very large grate area, larger than could fit inside the cab of a locomotive, and still having room for crew and controls.
The engineer was placed in the cab straddling the boiler, while the fireman had a semi-exposed position at the rear so he could have access to the coal bunker.
If you look closely, you’ll see a small roof atthe back for the fireman to use to protect him somewhat from the elements.
God help the engineer if the engine slung a siderod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back