Running Bear's February 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
1550082772791.png

I hear California cancelled the High Speed Rail Project. .... How much did they spend so far, and what will they do with parts that were constructed ?
All very good questions, GARRY.

What a total waste of money - which most of us so already knew. I guess they made some contractors millions.
As far as what has already been done - thousands of years from now - they will look upon it as another Stonehenge, and try to figure out the angles of the Sun and Stars!

Howdy ..

Dave Truckdad ... I agree politicians are morons. I would think by now the voters would catch on .

Sherrel ... perhaps future historians will look back and write volumes about failures of liberalism .

Chet ... The NP Yellowstone locomotive was magnificent.

Greg ... the Soo Bandit is interesting.

Funny story .... Really happened... Friends in Nashville told us their neighbor has a robot vacuum cleaner. They left the house with it running. They have two dogs and at least one of them did a big poop. The robot vacuum cleaner spread the poop all over the carpet.

Afternoon All,

Started out with a trip to Wally World today. Today in the train room I glued the "foundation" on the bottom of the build, added a planned vertical brace on the left side of the building and painted detail parts. In the picture the people and the detail parts above them I already had, the others came with the kit. Tomorrow I'm driving up to see my buddy Jon and Phil will be there.:)

Willie- Thank you.

Chet- Thank you and great Yellowstone picture.

Garry- Thank you. I'm glad your MIL is maintaining but it sucks about the car.

Joe- Thank you.

Toot- That's different and strange.

Sherrel- Thank you.

Karl- I feel the same way about Stairway and Satisfaction because of air play. Actually my favorite Led Zeppelin song is Kashmir but it is long at around 9 minutes.

20190213_150635-2016x980.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Well, some of y'all might get a chuckle out of this faux-pas I did:
I offered a Baldwin S12, in SP, and a Baldwin RS12, in CWR, for sale. One person sent a message with the engine ad linked, paid for it, and I marked it "sold". About an hour later, somebody else messaged about it, without linking to the ad, which was marked "sold", and locked. Since the S12 was gone, and only the RS12 remained, I didn't look closely at what the buyer asked about, marked the RS12 "sold", and sent both engines out. This evening, the second guy told me he had the wrong engine. Now, I have to refund his payment, and give him postage to get it back.
Sigh...

Still EB about 10 miles west of the Donner summit. Been waiting 45 minutes for a plow. Train is only 4 hours late. Only 1 pint of schnapps left. Not sure we'll survive. Dave

If you started your taxes you'll notice the standard deduction in now $24,000 for a married couple but the personal exemption box worth 4,050 per person is gone. That means the $12,000 you gained on the personal deduction is offset by $8,100 you lost by not being able to check the personal exemption box. So a married couple gained $4,000 on their personal deductions. Taxes on $4,000 is about what? $400.00. I think if you have more dependents you could lose more? I was unable to send my taxes because the IRS isn't done with the K-1 form. They say it should be done tomorrow. We'll be getting back $893.00 which I already spent $500.00 of on 2 Scale Trains C39-8's I bought at the Big E.

George

Good evening Track Gang,

Last night I had very high Mono winds that seemed like it probably reached about 40+ mph. A neighbor said it ripped apart a metal storage building he has. Fortunately, I didn't sustain any major damage.

Hope all have a good night and day tomorrow.

I hope everybody is ready for Valentines day. Yesterday I left early to pickup my grandson to finish up, I got it covered.

My wife told me "I didn't get anything for you, it's almost impossible to buy for you, buy a train or whatever you want". I told her "I want an Impala before they stop making them, I don't need one, I just want one" She said "that's good, what color do you want?"

I'm not spending that much for a car I don't need, full of "bells and whistles I don't want" I was joking with her. I bought 2 Frank Robinson baseball cards from eBay instead. They cost less then $10 for both and I will be very happy when they arrive.

I hope everybody has a Happy Valentines day!
1550140785080.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back