Running Bear's February 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terry - Good pointon the side rods. I have seen a few photos of the damage that can happen. Would rather be the fireman.

wm1406.jpg

35425608366_79e39fe4b4_b.jpg

Baldwin handing over the keys to 1401?

Afternoon All,

My visit fell through today so I hooked up 2 exterior lights (didn't have 3 :() and tested them including on the layout power buss. Tomorrow I plan on adding the wall details and weathering the roofs.

Sherrel- Ready for your state taxes to be raised? I believe that our light rail system still has to be supported with government money contrary to what was said before construction. I firmly believe news organizations like to generate crisis situations to feel self important and generate ratings.

Karl- Happy birthday to your GF.

Johnny- I have found that if I run a loco through the starts and stops for 3 or 4 laps then everything will run fine after that.

Louis- Nice photos.

20190214_133249-2016x980.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Hello Everyone!
Louis: Great rail photos!
The two old Muppet hecklers always made me laugh! They remind me of Jeff Dunham's ( I don't give a damn )
Walter!
Chet: Great CB&Q/N. Coast Limited photo!
Karl: Real nice WM photos!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Tunkhannock Viaduct Nicholson PA

Buffalo ?

E. Dubuque IL

I hooked up 2 exterior lights (didn't have 3 :() and tested them including on the layout power buss.

Curt: Nice! ;)

Speaking of Tax Increases, I fell victim to El Supremo's Tax Reforms to the tune of a difference of $-1048. Last year my taxes were $5791 , This year $5928. However, last year I got back $927, this year I have to pay $121. While you can call it virtually even, even is no tax cut. When it was all finished, the bottom line was that the changes lowered my taxable income, but my tax rate increased. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: .

Terry - Good point on the side rods. I have seen a few photos of the damage that can happen. Would rather be the fireman.

Chet: I recall a video of a CNJ crew working with a camelback at Cranford, NJ. The engineer was standing on the seat box, and mostly out of the side window, while looking for signals from the ground crew. One lateral bump and he's out the window. They were designed with wide fireboxes to burn locally mined Anthracite, but most Eastern coal roads switched to Virginia Bituminous early on, negating the need for the wide "Wooten" fireboxes.

Nice horses, Karl. Similar to the Reading T1, but larger. Nice to see all those fellows wearing mandatory railroad Official uniforms :rolleyes:. BTW, my grandfather worked at Baldwin Locomotive Works.

Boris

Good evening Track Gang,

Last night I had very high Mono winds that probably reached at least forty mph

OK - I made an error. My #8 bucket is 10 inches tall (I think the #8 stands for 8 quarts). That being said, it had 9 inches in it about noontime when I emptied it. This afternoon and early evening we gathered another 2 inches.
We locally have exceeded our "normal average" for the rain season which is on;y half over.

OK - I made an error. My #8 bucket is 10 inches tall (I think the #8 stands for 8 quarts). That being said, it had 9 inches in it about noontime when I emptied it. This afternoon and early evening we gathered another 2 inches.
We locally have exceeded our "normal average" for the rain season which is on;y half over.
Would you like to borrow the official Townsville one?

1550212955856.png

David, sorry about your neighbor, but I'm glad you made out ok.

Louis: Thanks for your concern. The neighbor lives about a third of a mile from my location and more exposed to the wind,. But it sure does howl through here at times and that's No Dog Story either !

** I was falling asleep after typing, 'No', and look what my spell check wrote: 'money
and the kids and then reboot and then go' !! LoL

Terry, talking about the cost of doing business, (mistakes that is) I think I got caught by a speed camera yesterday. Stuff happens, but that was a bone head move on my part. I know there are speed cameras on that road!

PS my little lap top finally finished the updates this morning. I got feed up with trying to free up space and quit. Microsoft's infinitely smart windows 10 updated the OS incrementally each time it restarted. This time it asked me if I wanted to delete previous versions of windows and now I have more free space then when I started. I wish it would automatically fix my desk top/monitor. I need to wear my reading glasses to use this little lap top.

Boris, I'm sorry to hear about your taxes. El Supremo is not making any friends in the blue states. His own stupidity and arrogance will be his undoing, thank God. When we look back after 2020, at least we can say these 4 years were interesting. It's like watching the weather on TV when a storm is coming. They make us think we are doomed, but we will survive this storm.

No matter how they spin it, the bottom line is all that matters.

Sherrel, your daughter is smart, I've seen dumb asses drive through less water only to float away. Not to laugh at other peoples misery, but some times I can't help myself. The funniest was a big pickup with wide tires floating off the road. I was thinking "that's why they call them floatation tires dumb ass"

I saw on the news they are calling your weather pattern the "pineapple express" sounds more like a freight train in Hawaii. Why must they come up with stupid names for everything?

I hope you don't have any serious problems from all this rain.

Karl I missed that it was your lady's birthday. Tell her I said Happy Birthday and I thank God for her. I like the "kinder gentler" version of you she has brought out. ;)

Reminds me of something my oldest daughter said to me after I separated from my ex-wife. "sometimes I feel like I don't know you daddy" I asked why, she said "you are so nice and happy all the time now"

The really Official word on the amount of rain that fell in and around Townsville was released a short while ago. It said some places received 78+ inches over the period of the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back