Running Bear's February 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started with confusers in what might be considered late. 1989 was when we bought one for the business. It operated with DOS, since DOS, I have had confusers with most of the Windows iterations! I liked Windows XP, I felt it had the least amount of "Glitches". Windows 10 is a "Glitch Fest"!!! When they had XP, why did they change? I know, I know, when your in the business of confuser software, too stay in business you must up-grade constantly!

Another of my many part time jobs was delivering propane in the winter after Christmas. (when Toys r Us no longer needed me) They told me the difference between propane and natural gas; in the event of an explosion natural gas blows the roof off, propane blows out the basement. Propane is heavier than air, natural gas is lighter.

My thoughts; who cares neither should leak and both burn.

I'm happy to have natural gas, no effort needed or waiting for deliveries. If I'm feeling frisky I'll go hit a bucket of balls at the golf course, My problem is I haven't felt frisky in many years.

I'll discuss it for you, Mark!
It;s cold out here (too ME)! 36 this morning = a 52 high for the day.
Everyone will be wearing their heavist ski jackets and maybe even gloves!

Butane is also a fuel used in boats in the little Gimbaled Primus stoves. Butane is only available in the little cylinder containers, that I'm aware of. I'm uncertain why Butane isn't more readily available in larger containers? Maybe it is more explosive?

It's 23 with cloudy skies in southeast Baltimore. A winter weather advisory is in effect from 7pm to 10am tomorrow. Mixed precipitation is expected.

I love playing Golf, my back and other health problems kept me away from the game, but I hope to play again. I hit the ball over 100 times, but all it takes is a few good shots and I'm happy and eager to try again. Failure motivates me as well.

I'm sorry if I came across as nit picky. Most of us don't care about one heating source; over, another! Like everyone else at these forums when I see an opportunity to jump on a mistake I have a difficult time not doing so!

Yo Mark: it is what it is, and your advice is always welcomed, even though you tend to be blunt. FWIW: The reason I like Gas Heat, vs other forms is that it's piped in, and I never have to sweat a delivery during extreme weather. It's also generally cheaper. Other side to that is my wood splitting days are over, so for me that's not a viable option. I was never fond of dragging coal ash out for the garbage man. CNG, LNG and LPG all have similar qualities to Natural Gas, but require delivery and on site storage.

Boris

Butane is also a fuel used in boats in the little Gimbaled Primus stoves. Butane is only available in the little cylinder containers, that I'm aware of. I'm uncertain why Butane isn't more readily available in larger containers? Maybe it is more explosive?
We used to use butane in containers similar to LP containers on travel trailers, though they were more round. It was phased out when LP was invented, it was a safer fuel.
Butane can be much more explosive in a smaller amount. I'm sure everybody remembers hearing about the welding guy that had his Bic lighter in his shirt pocket, when a small piece of glowing slag or spark went in the same pocket, and the explosion killed him.

I love playing Golf, my back and other health problems kept me away from the game, but I hope to play again. I hit the ball over 100 times, but all it takes is a few good shots and I'm happy and eager to try again. Failure motivates me as well.
All I can say is, it takes a lot of balls to play golf the way I do...

Good morning.....On my 2nd cup and ready for the day.Cold but sunny,amazing what the sun can do to lift your spirits this time of year.

I'm sorry if I came across as nit picky. Most of us don't care about one heating source; over, another! Like everyone else at these forums when I see an opportunity to jump on a mistake I have a difficult time not doing so!
No offense taken. I knew what I meant, just expressed it wrong. That happens after a couple of cold ones sometimes!

Hope this brightens up your day?

E8A-2020-Big-Red-at-St.-Louis-Missouri-date-unknown.jpg

We used to use butane in containers similar to LP containers on travel trailers, though they were more round. It was phased out when LP was invented, it was a safer fuel.
Butane can be much more explosive in a smaller amount. I'm sure everybody remembers hearing about the welding guy that had his Bic lighter in his shirt pocket, when a small piece of glowing slag or spark went in the same pocket, and the explosion killed him.
In our society that sounds like a wrongful death law suit, In my mind it's Darwinism.

I know that sounds cold, but life is cold when we are stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back