Running Bear's December 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
One for Chet How would you like to 80mph on that road in the Chevy?

Mitch Dahl
4 hrs
Mom and myself on Lookout Pass, 1955. The trestle in the background is on the Idaho side of the Northern Pacific"s Wallace Branch. By the time I started working on this piece of railroad the trestle was gone. It's hard to imagine that this gravel road is now I-90.

One for Chet How would you like to 80mph on that road in the Chevy?

Mitch Dahl
4 hrs
Mom and myself on Lookout Pass, 1955. The trestle in the background is on the Idaho side of the Northern Pacific"s Wallace Branch. By the time I started working on this piece of railroad the trestle was gone. It's hard to imagine that this gravel road is now I-90.
So, Toot, how'd you end up where you are?

Good morning y'all. It's 50 and foggy. Got rain moving in today. Supposed to be trenching an irrigation system in today, rain is not my friend. Time for coffee. Where's Flo? I could use a couple eggs and some bacon this morning.

Won another of my Christmas presents off eBay last night. Don't know much about the brand, but I mainly wanted the gondola and the bh flats for my junkyard scene.
02BB95FB-09C3-41CD-8DB0-2DB751A1F6E8.png

Now I'm back on an eBay ban. Lol. I only get to shop there briefly, but occasionally I find a decent bargain. Helps that I'm mostly looking for junkers and test pieces. I was the only bidder on this. Hopefully I can repair the loco and the gondola will only need a new truck. Planning to stack crushed cars on the two flats.

Willie: looks great.

Beady: hope that your insomnia clears up soon. It ain't no fun turning into a zombie.

The sleeper I bought the other day arrived yesterday. Still haven't managed to get by storage to look for the rest of the train, but hopefully today. This unit is missing its couplers and draw bars, so I'll have to do a little work on it. But I plan to rework the entire train anyway so it is not a big deal. Still looking for another F7A unit to complete the ABBA lead, but that will come. I don't have space to pull a twenty or so foot long HO train right now anyway.

Y'all have a great day.

Morning all,

Flo: Can I get a bacon cheese burger, extra cheese with coffee this morning? Hash browns are fine. (I don't know why but that sounded good this morning).

Nothing new on the trains overnight, it seems I get home and by the time supper and its related dishes are done it's time for bed. Although I do go down early as we're up at 4:30 am (3:30 since the time change). Hopefully some train time this evening.

5 hours of sleep and feeling better. Not great, but better. Had a bowl of cereal and will probably go back to bed soon. God, I hate insomnia.
Been there, done that. Nothing I can say will make you feel better, but eventually you WILL sleep. I would sometimes go through a couple of weeks of this. I became an expert on all things Nazi (watching the History Channel) and a big fan of the Forensic Files. The stuff could eventually lull me to sleep. There's also sex. You won't get anymore sleep but it'll be more fun staying awake.

Good morning everyone. 22 and clear out there. Say, Flo - - I'll take a ham omelette, a short stack of pancakes, hash browns, and a big cup of coffee, please. Rest of the week looks pretty nice, but forecast is for light snow on Sunday.

Roofintrash, Flip, Tom, IB Ken, TexasHobo, Chad, Robots, Clint, Sir Fold, Patrick, Willie, Jim, and anyone I may have missed - thanks for the likes and comments on my post yesterday.

Not much to report from the train room. I'm doing some small "piddlin'" stuff like adding trees and bushes here and there on the layout, and I'm not into a structure build right now. But here is a photo I took this past weekend - a rare time I have all three diesel trains alongside each other. Actually the inside two are parked and I was moving the coal train (you jazz cats out there should appreciate that - - "coal train" - - get it?! "Coltrane" - - huh? This is Johnny's coal train. Oh, never mind). It had been sitting idle for a long time, so I wanted to move it somewhere else. Anyway, these are my three diesels - the steamer is parked at the train station, out of sight of this photo. I do like to run two trains at a time, just for the fun of seeing how close they come to crashing :D- - but these diesels don't match speeds, so I have to be real careful when I run two at a time.

3Diesels.jpg
3Diesels_2.jpg

That's it for now. Have a good day everyone.

Good Morning All. 35° and the light rain has changed to light snow. .3" in the rain gauge from overnight, all of the snow is evaporating as it hits the ground. Gotta head out to the doctor this morning for a follow up on the blood tests from three weeks ago. I say this morning, the appointment is at 11:45.

Morning Flo. While that bacon double cheeseburger/hash browns that Patrick has looks real good, it is a bit heavy for me this morning, so just make it a simple bacon and cheese on whole wheat toast for me. Thanks for the donuts yesterday, Jim.

Thanks for the likes and comments yesterday; Patrick, Sherrel, Jim, Clint, Chad, Ken, Johnny, Curt, Tom, Phil, Jerome, Jesse. It continues to be a fun project.

While I did spend a little time out in the train shed yesterday, I only got most of the remaining windows installed. Didn't take a picture. Ran trains for the first time in a few days.
Instead of a progress photo, I'll post a block of structures from an undeveloped part of the layout. Not sure when I'll get over here to develop this area, I keep getting sidetracked with laser-cut kits for yet another place.
11-30-19 005.JPG

Greg -
Willie: I think I'll need to get one of those Optic-Vision headsets for my work bench
Wow! I am surprised that you don't already have one. Mine is cobbled out of parts salvaged from our plant's machine shop over twenty years ago, but works great. I should probably scrub it up a bit!
Mikey - I like the mini-scenes. While I have a few, I plan to add many more in the future.
Jesse - Don't worry, Beady is already a zombie.

National Lager Day today, enjoy one.
Everybody have a great day.

Morning Chaps!
41 degrees (low for this date is 34 in 2007) going up to around 66 today with Variable Clouds.
We are now at 39% of our annual rainfall!

Everyone seems hungry this morning, but a cheeseburger for breakfast - cup of oatmeal probably be better for you - LOL.
Nope, Flo, I'll have a couple eggs up with a blueberry pancake and a side of bacon, please!

Johnny - TOM - Willie - ALAN - Jessie -- Nice photos this morning!

I'll be back later ... Coffee pot is calling my name.

Been there, done that. Nothing I can say will make you feel better, but eventually you WILL sleep. I would sometimes go through a couple of weeks of this. I became an expert on all things Nazi (watching the History Channel) and a big fan of the Forensic Files. The stuff could eventually lull me to sleep. There's also sex. You won't get anymore sleep but it'll be more fun staying awake.
Thanks. Really. Sex hasn't been an option for several years (tmi), but you're spot-on about the TV. I did get another three hours after my last post and managed to lever myself erect , before I slept too long. The wife is trying to help: she wants me to go shopping with her, both to help keep me awake until a normal bedtime, and to tire me out a little. I may take her up on it. I wonder if this is the flip-side of that period a couple ofweeks ago, where I slept for 20 hours a day for three or four days.

Any Jeopardy watchers here? Steam loco 1225, the Polar Express, was a clue a couple of days ago. I remember my father taking me to see it when it was an outdoor static display on the MSU campus. Then the college train club got her restored, the movie got made, and she's been pulling holiday excursions ever since. I'm embarrassed that I haven't been on a ride, yet; Owosso is only a half-hour drive from here.

Not much to report from the train room. I'm doing some small "piddlin'" stuff like adding trees and bushes here and there on the layout, and I'm not into a structure build right now. But here is a photo I took this past weekend - a rare time I have all three diesel trains alongside each other. Actually the inside two are parked and I was moving the coal train (you jazz cats out there should appreciate that - - "coal train" - - get it?! "Coltrane" - - huh? This is Johnny's coal train. Oh, never mind).
I see what you did there.

Good morning all. A cool, rainy and gray day here in H-Town. Fortunately I got all the yard work done yesterday while the weather was pleasant. Hopefully that's it till March. So today's weather will keep us home today I should get some train room time. Later

Winter in mid FLA. Beautiful sunshine blue sky with a few white clouds and a delightful 81* Don't even think of coming down, traffic is jammed and the hotels and motels are full with high prices if they HAVE any rooms.
Hope y'all stay warm and dry.
Prayers for all.
Phil

I SHOULD BE GIVEN AN AWARD FOR KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT WHEN THERE'S SO MUCH THAT NEEDS TO BE SAID .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back