Running Bear's December 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning. 23 degrees to start off the day with an expected high in the mod 30's.

Alan - Like the video. Nothing wrong with those tunnel units.

Greg - Nice photos. Like the water scene. That SW 1500 is in bad need of a bath if not a paint job. Nice weathering.

IB Ken - I won't get any chickenpox immunization shot. Just had my annual physical and also refused a flu shot. Never had a flu shot in my life and only had the flu one time in 73 years. Like your photo. Like to watch the progress.

Curt - That locomotive was of a Consolidation. It is a brass model I got from another modeler who was in need of some $$$. My $50 bargain. Still runs like a Swiss watch.

Ray - know right where that photo was taken when I saw it. Like it.

Mikey - Nice photos.

Garry - Nice photo but I will have to say that I prefer the Burlington E units.

Beady - Don't know if that would be a good Christmas gift. The person giving it might miss Christmas dinner spending the day in the emergency room getting it extracted from a body orifice.

I did get down to the train room yesterday and did some switching and move some freight cars around on the hidden staging tracks. The light bulb came on when I realized that most of my Alco fleet was in the Logan yard. $ more were below in the staging tracks.

thumbnail_20191205_142512.jpg

thumbnail_20191205_142530.jpg

Later

Morning all,

Garry: Sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers for your wife and family during this time.

Hope to get some train time today. No grand kids to watch later as their dad is home from work, taking a use it or lose it vacation day.

Good Morning All. 49˜ and clear except out east. Stiff north winds howling down from Kansas right now will keep the high temperature below 60° for a couple of days. It was a good morning yesterday with the weekly shopping trek, but the afternoon chore of the day didn't go well. What should have been a quick 10 minute oil change turned into a 45 minute job from hell. The very balky filter took overly long to get off and then I couldn't remember how to reset the reminder. Grrrh! I finally found the instructions but by then frustration took over and even that didn't go well. Nonetheless, there were no leaks when I got done.
A couple of breakfast burritos over here this morning Francine.

Thanks for all of the likes and comments regarding the new laser kit; Clint, Jerome, Chad, Sherrel, Justin, Rick, Chet, Ken, Phil, Hughie, Garry, Patrick, Johnny.

Made some progress in the train shed yesterday. Finished(?) up most of the corner trim/bracing. Added the wall bracing. Next step questionable. Not sure if I will will primer and then assemble or assemble and then primer.

12-06-19 002.JPG

There's still clapboard wall sections left to play with.
I also painted the foundation and painted and installed the windows.
12-06-19 001.001.JPG

Chet - Thanks for the comment on the candy shop interior. The idea for a candy shop came from one of your pictures to begin with. I also get into the "no modeling" mood once in a while, but I can always get into the switching mood easily.
James - Thanks for the update on Josh. I didn't have any dealings with him, but I was aware of all many bad relationships that he left behind here and elsewhere; you now appear to have found them as well. Sometimes life can get overwhelming and maybe he can finally steady the ship. Best of luck to him.
Jesse - Nice score.
Alan - You'll be very pleased with those Scaletrains SD40T-2's if they're anything near as good as the SD40-2's that I got about 2 years ago.

Everybody have a great day.

Today is day 4 of trying to get FedEx to deliver a package to our house. The first three times they said they tried, my wife was sitting in the front picture window all day waiting for them. She never saw a FedEx truck, and they never left a delivery attempt notice on our door like they say they require.

Call the 800 number and have them connect you with the local dispatch. Make sure the address on the package is correct [not an extra or missing digit for example] with them and then tell them where you are at. We live at an address that for some reason, for a while, all GPS apps would take you to the wrong place (road with same name across the highway). Eventually it got fixed in the apps. Maybe there is something similar with your address.

Morning everyone .... 49 degrees going up towards 64 later on under partly sunny skies. If I am lucky I may get the outside decor and lights up today - that would make the other half happy. (I am over the decorating for all the holidays, but I seem to have married a child.) Speaking of children - I am going to dig out the Marx and Lionel sets this year to have around the tree.
With the two Gkids and Mom coming from N.C and the two from Newport + the one who lives here - they can run them as fast as they wish and I don't have to worry about breakage; it will be like "slot cars on rails" - lol.

GARY - so very to hear of Shelly's mom. Condolences to all.

CHHET - Where did you get the "bulldog ford wrecker"? Do you remember who made it? Don't see many of those!

Jessie -- Nice on the passenger car - looks like a beauty! No chance of a slide out board for under the bed?
That would give you a nice size layout in N scale, I would think?

Ken - Your moving right along -- as Joe and others have said -- it's looking real nice.

Willie -- Looking good on the build. Are you still changing your own oil? I buy my own oil and the mechanic that I have supported for years does it for $20. I can't argue with that ... speaking of which the truck has not even sputtered once - I am still bewildered?

Call the 800 number and have them connect you with the local dispatch. Make sure the address on the package is correct [not an extra or missing digit for example] with them and then tell them where you are at. We live at an address that for some reason, for a while, all GPS apps would take you to the wrong place (road with same name across the highway). Eventually it got fixed in the apps. Maybe there is something similar with your address.
Already did that on day one, two, and three.
They refused to connect me to the local dispatch office. They said it wasn’t allowed.

Already did that on day one, two, and three.
They refused to connect me to the local dispatch office. They said it wasn’t allowed.

Good luck then. What they have always done for me is they give my contact info to the local dispatch office and the office calls me.

Dealing with these guys is a PITA some time.

Good morning all. Depending on how you count it's either 18 or 19 days till Christmas. Still not ready, bah humbug.
Conductor requires more outdoor lights.

Garry - Sorry for your loss, prays to you and your wife.
Willie - Congrats on the weight loss. Watch out for the plateau.

There some really great photos coming from everyone, definitely shows the skills many of one have.
Nothing from the train room, worrying the wheels will get rusty just sitting there. Later

Good luck then. What they have always done for me is they give my contact info to the local dispatch office and the office calls me.

Dealing with these guys is a PITA some time.
They made their fourth and final attempt to deliver the package today.
My wife sat in front of the living room window from 8 until noon, when I got the email that said “too bad”.
I now have to drive to the main terminal tomorrow morning to pick it up—25 miles each way. I hope I’m not picking up an empty box or loose shipping label.

Garry, I’m sorry to hear about your MIL. At least she is no longer in pain or distress.

TERRY -- I wouldn't leave that office until I had a face to face with that manager. That is absolute Crap!

I'd contact the corporate resolutions team. I've interacted with them before and they try and sort things out. The driver was obviously either lying or in the wrong place. Just find the executive teams emails and find the VP or SVP that looks appropriate and email them. Or use twitter to do the same or contact the corp level help.

Afternoon All,

Got a haircut today and put the bottom decorations back on the Christmas tree this morning. One or both of our skunks decided to undecorate it last night. Luckily they can't climb like a cat after their baby days.

I have mentioned before about replacing our roof and that we had some interior leaks. We got the report from the insurance adjuster/company, during the home inspection moisture was found under the wood flooring in the train room. To fix it my layout will have to be torn down. This will probably happen in the January or February time frame. It feels like someone has punched me in the gut:mad:.

Willie- Nice progress.

Chet- Great layout pics.

Ken- Nice job on the scenery.

Toot- Nice photo.

Mikey- More great photos.

Greg- Great looking switcher and layout shot.

Garry- Condolences to you and your family on the loss of your MIL.

Beady- With that gift I think we all would have some very unhappy wives.

Robots- Perfect for the Christmas tree.

Alan- Nice video and loco's.

I hope everyone has a good night.

NO-OOOO! CURT! There has to be a way around that? Maybe a hoist and timbers to raise it up and out of the way?
If you cannot save it - be sure to have it appraised for a casualty for tax purposes. The loss could be in the millions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back