Running Bear's December 2018 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings from cool Florida . We saw family in Alabama yesterday . It was 34 F when we crossed the line into FL Panhandle. In Destin now with temperatures in forties. Going to Tampa tomorrow to see son, his wife, and baby boy.

I see a lot of interesting posts here. Sorry I don’t have time to comment on them .

Have a good day.

Time for me to do something besides sit on my backside.

My back felt better within minutes of putting on a thermal shirt. I generate enough heat I did not need the heating pad.

I already repaired the pre-lit Christmas tree for my family room. It was a simple fix, once I found the problem. One of the many plugs came out of it's terminal end. Now comes the fun part, shaping the top half of the tree, but I can't do that sitting down.

1544122024746.png

Afternoon All,

Yesterday there was a minor emergency at daughter's house so I didn't get home until late. Today I drove up to see my buddies Jon and Phil. We all had a great time. The second order of roofing came in and I sprayed it with the base coat so I should finish the ice house roofing tomorrow.

Toot- Nice video.

Migalyto- That price is beyond ridiculous.

I hope everyone has a good day.

I wish they would rerun this engine,it would look good with the 1943 .

If your an N scaler your in luck, this just announced.

Kato USA, Inc added 2 new photos.
4 hrs ·
By popular demand, Kato USA has announced a provisional pre-order for a new production run of both the recently released N Scale SD70ACe #1943 “the Spirit” locomotive, as well as the N Scale SD70ACe #4141 “George Bush Presidential Library and Museum”. Both of these units will be available to order in DC/DCC/DCC w/ Sound. Submit your reservation to your local hobby shop no later than Monday, January 7th, 2019.
Please note that this is a provisional preorder. If our total order quantities do not meet a certain minimum by the end of the January 7th deadline, we reserve the right to cancel any of these projects! So it is imperative that you put in your reservations in ASAP.

Last edited:
Dinner's over, dishes in the dishwasher (a benefit of the recent remodel) and a Spotted Cow poured in the glass. It was a 10-hour day of meeting with students (college juniors and seniors) to discuss their magazine project rough drafts. (Actually a pretty good bunch this semester.) No train time today ... probably not until the weekend at this point. I will be lucky if I don't fall asleep before the beer is finished. Happy Thursday, everyone.

Nothing frightening, but that is one cool car!

We had a Valiant, we had a Charger, but I don't remember a Valiant Charger. Was it made in Australia? What was the power train?
Do I ask too many questions?

Nothing frightening, but that is one cool car!

We had a Valiant, we had a Charger, but I don't remember a Valiant Charger. Was it made in Australia? What was the power train?
Do I ask too many questions?
All built/produced in Aus, on the same frame as the smaller Chryslers in the US. The Charger was introduced in '71 with a shorter chassis and first of all with a 6Cyl engine. 215ci in the base model, 245ci and then 265ci. Several V8's were used, all smallblock, 318ci, 360ci and in one shortlived model a 340ci. In it's introductory year it formed 1/2 of all production. The 6cyl engines were all called "Hemi's", although they were not a true full hemi but a semi-hemi with the valves operated by pushrod and ball type rockers (no shaft) so the exhaust valve could exit on the opposite side of the combustion chamber to the inlet, which also had an angled seat, but it was not a crossflow head, but had individual inlet and exhaust ports.

The cars built for racing were all 6's of the 265ci with a nickel alloy block, steel crankshaft and triple twin choke Italian Webber carburettors and full flow headers. Rules at the time required 200+ orders to have been placed. 2 models, with 2 versions were produced. The first had a 3spd stick shift and were called R/T's, with model designation E37 for road use and E38 for track, the main difference being the fuel tank. E37 had the standard, beneath the floor and normal trunk and spare on the right. The E38 had a tank that filled almost all of the trunk, with high mounted fillers either side, behind the quarter windows and the spare was sandwiched in at the rear. The next year, had a 4 speed gearbox and became R/T4's, E48 and E49. The engine was rated the highest horsepower production 6 cyl in the world at the time.

Unfortunately it could never match the "legs" of Ford's 351ci Cleveland V8 over the Bathurst mountain, although on short tight circuits it bettered it.
Note the 4 in the black vertical stripe on the front fender and the fuel filler, showing this was a "Big Tank" E49
1544173710266.png

The triple carb 265ci
1544173827974.png

There are some of these in the US. one is or was owned by it's American designer, Ron Hubbach.

Good morning Everybody!

Another night of cramps, I forgot to have my 44oz cup filled with ice and topped of with diet ginger ale. Like most problems, I got nobody to blame, but me.

I did have a productive day yesterday and I am hoping for the same today!

1544177676780.png

1544178839200.png

1544177750595.png

Happy Holidays Everybody!

Last edited:
1544178465906.png

1544178681893.png

1544178747300.png

The Basilica of the National Shrine of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, also called the Baltimore Basilica, was the first Roman Catholic cathedral built in the United States, and was among the first major religious buildings constructed in the nation after the adoption of the U.S. Constitution. As a co-cathedral, it is one of the seats of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Baltimore in Baltimore, Maryland. Additionally it is a parish church (ranked minor basilica) and national shrine. It is considered the masterpiece of Benjamin Henry Latrobe, the "Father of American Architecture". Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back