Running Bear's December 2018 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Louis! I see that Baltimore is cannibalizing its own parks for Christmas trees this year!
Baltimore Brew article on town's Christmas tree

Mayor Stephanie is really cutting corners!

Not cutting corners, Willie ... cutting trees instead!

Say, Karl ... You really outdid me. I had a 40 YO CH 8 gal and traded up to a 21 gal from HD. I needed more volume for the sand blaster. Now that I have some ND Oil for it, I can proceed to blast away!

TOOT -- Those fires are bad .. I've never seen fires move so fast as what CA went through, I feel for those folks there.
From what I saw of the fires in CA on TV, a lot were on steep sided terrain. Wild fires love that. The conditions though were similar, extreme heat and low humidity making everything tinder dry with strong winds to blow them along and jump any fire breaks put in their way.

Hiya gang!
Total lazy day today, at GFs, playng with the dog and her son.
I did get an early Christmas present for myself yesterday.
View attachment 32248
This oughta power my airbrush, media blaster, impact gun, DA sander, air file and air rachets just fine. OK, it may be overkill for the airbrush, but so what. TSC had them on sale on black Friday. Now I can retire the little pancake compressor I have been using.
FWIW, HD is my favorite store, outside of a hobby shop. However if I am dragged into a Victoria's Secret, I suddenly become full of purchase suggestions!
Is that a straight 8 mounted on top?

Aww Crap! I must have mixed you up with someone else? Anyhoo! Must be pretty where you live - -
Just a little.
IMG_1566.JPG
IMG_1588.JPG
IMG_1602.JPG

Is that a straight 8 mounted on top?

With a max pressure of 155 psi, you'd think it was!
I've been warned not to buy any oil, fittings, air driers, regulators or piping yet, as Santa wants to get me those. I musta been a really good boy this year!

Tom , the falls are really beautiful. That's on our list of possible vacation/honeymoon spots.

Sherrel, Don't try to go over the falls in a barrel. The EPA would throw a conniption over the water pollution caused by a dirty old man going into the water!

Louis, SRB is an idiot, plain and simple. Cutting down a healthy tree in a PUBLIC park for a holiday decoration for City Hall? The dark thought in my head about what decoration we should hang 1st from the tree is unspeakable.:mad:

Time for the Sandman, catch y'all in the morning.

Good afternoon section gang, how's your day going?

High Flo - Francine, how are you ladies doing today it's pretty nippy out and wet but at least the sun's out. How about coffee and apple fritter with butter and cinnamon if you would, he said of course. Thanks, oh I'm feeling generous today so whatever anybody else wants is on me.

The weather here and Coarsegold has turned to be very wet and cold last night's low was 34°F I believe, let me check that, well it was 31°F. For the past four days prayer to yesterday and even the nights other than last night it rained not extremely hard but very but very steadily and then the night before last there was very heavy dew. For the last five days I got a total of 3.51 in bringing the seasons total, so far too, 6.27 in. The nitrogen in the rain is even Greening up the dried up lawn that I was fighting a losing battle with trying to keep it watered.

Fortunately I fixed the Major League in my roof and for the most part other than over the back porch and the front porch there are only minor leaks but none-the-less bad enough.

RR wise:
Not too much has been going on unfortunately do to my leg muscles I guess needing more potassium, so once I get that resolved then I'll feel more like doing various things around here.

Willie: Your barbecue pit scene is very cute and imaginative! I just feel left out not being invited to whatever you were cooking.

Gary: Burma shave signs, that's one I haven't heard from you for a while but I do remember them also.

Luis: The old steam engine you posted looks like a k28 Narrow Gauge from the cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad in Chama New Mexico, but the lettering on the tender looks to be another Railroad? Very interesting to me though.

Sherrel: Glad to hear you're finally getting some with the rain that you've been hoping for.

Curt: I believe it was you whose grandson grandson had a very close call with the illegal alien and I'm sorry to hear about that. I hope I haven't got the wrong party here?

Sorry if I've looked anybody else out. Take care and have a very good Christmas season!

Edit: Guess now I'm DC-current, hah ?

Curt: Thanks for the correction, I did get things mixed up.

You had the fraudulent charges on your cc, glad you were able to catch them in time.

Sherrel: About Synthetic Oil - Superior lubrication qualities compared to conventional oils and does not break under higher heat like regular oil does. But only buy Full/100% Synthetic Oil ! I listened to auto mechanics that said, a synthetic blend does not guarantee it's at least a 50/50 blend, the amount of synthetic added to conventional oil can be a lot less!

Good Morning again to All. 41° and partly cloudy skies with the sun just peeking over the horizon. Well, after a week or so of afternoon temperatures in the 70's, the next ten days will be in the upper-40's to mid-50's. Didn't have a really active day yesterday as I battled a kidney stone all day. These are no fun, second one in the last four years. I was better by supper and grilled skirt steak for fajitas. Nothing like good old red meat to reward myself for the day's agony, but it will contribute to the next one.:( I did put the new washing machine to use while we successfully catch up on a weeks backlog.
I did spend more time in the train shed though since mobility was painful. Most of the time I was at the workbench or searching for particular freight cars that I know still have plastic wheels or couplers. According to my database query, I am now down to only 22 cars left with plastic wheels after yesterday. Nine of those cars are in the MOW train which doesn't see a lot of action and will be the last cars retrofitted. Finding those other 13 cars, even though I know the reporting marks and numbers isn't easy. Locating that one particular brown ATSF covered hopper out of over 100 on the rails isn't as easy as it sounds. I even have pictures but they are in the house on the desktop computer. I did get seven changed out prior to running the latest query. I ran a few trains later in the day.

Louis - When I was younger, Victoria Secret's was my favorite store to visit. For the last fifteen years it has been Home Depot!

Willie, I'm sorry to hear about your kidney stone. Wow that must be painful, I'm glad you were able to pass it.

How many sets of wheels have you already replaced and if you don't mind me asking, how much has it cost you?

I have one little 11 car train made up of old Tyco and Life-Like cars that has metal wheels. That was a labor of love and I enjoyed seeing the trains I had when I was a boy running around my little HO oval, without derailing! I can't wait to get my HO trains up and running again, but that is way down the todo list.

Victoria's Secret, I never enjoyed going there, I knew it was going to be time consuming and expensive. Some women take what seems like hours to decided. It did how ever make for some fun nights. My wife does not shop at Victoria's secret and that's fine with me. She looks best in her birthday suit. ;)

Believe it or not Kmart was my favorite store, especially when they started carrying Craftsmen tools. Now the one Kmart that remians close to me is a junk shop full of clearance crap. I can't go there any more because it breaks my heart.

Now I agree with you, Home Depot is my favorite store.

Good morning, everybody !

Louis ..... I like the photo of 41 and Babe Ruth. ... I have great respect for 41, 43, and the entire Bush family. ... Thanks for the Christmas greeting....

Below is our youngest granddaughter in our "backyard" on Thanksgiving.

45233886765_316aeca980_k.jpg

George H. W, Bush was a true American hero. I voted for him in the 1980 Republican primary I will never forget the debate "Voodoo Economics" I almost fell off the bar stool. (I was originally a republican). I voted for him in both presidential races that followed his tenure as Vice President. I always trusted him.

For me experience and trust are the most important factors in deciding who to vote for.

I trust and respect George W. Bush as well, but In my mind It thought "if he can't run a baseball team how is he going to be president?" I still don't believe he buffaloed us about WMDs. I think he got buffaloed! He seems like a great person, but maybe not the "brightest crayon in the box".

The entire Bush family are trust worthy and honorable people.

Barbra Bush is a legend! I felt like she was America's Mom.

I was pulling for Jeb is 2016. I think he is the one most like his father.

I bet your granddaughter was wishing it was warm enough to better enjoy that beautiful lake, but Santa will make up for the cold weather.

Thanks everyone for the help on the difference between the oil ... Now I understand.
Seems to me that I should have used ND oil in my motor scooter, and lawn mower's, and such that had no oil filters?

Now, I have another question on motor oil - eeeks!
What is synthetic oil made from?
The RV recommends "Blended"? WTH is that?
Sherrel, Terry answered your question, but I'll add this; full synthetics are my choice of motor oil. I've never seen an oil related engine failure when using full synthetic oils. When I change my oil it looks new, it's dirty, but the viscosity looks the same as new oil. That still amazes me!

It may be the way in which the oil is distributed around the engine. Autos all use oil pumps to pressure feed it, whereas compressors use the old splash or dipper method where the connecting rod has a spoon like projection to pick up the oil in the sump and fling it around. Maybe it aerates the oil, or breaks it down.

I had not considered that, sounds feasible.

I'm glad I am not an engineer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back