Running Bear's December 2018 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
So whats everyone doing for New Years Eve? Got any big plans?

We are staying in. We haven't gone out on New Years Eve for more than a decade, seems safer this way.
Our original plans called for staying in and consuming our mini-bottle (12 oz) of champagne, but we were persuaded to break our 40+ year tradition of staying home and we are going to meet another couple for dinner at a nearby Italian restaurant. Well, it's twelve miles away, but that's nearby by our standards here. It was hard to turn them down. We took Sherrel and his wife Kate there last spring and he still brags about it. The trip is all nice paved country roads so we shouldn't encounter any crazy people! Should still be home in bed by 9:00.

We're staying home, too. My wife made Beef Wellington for supper yesterday when we hosted her sister and sister's husband for belated Christmas dinner. It was Yummy, there were lots of leftovers, so it's our New Year's Eve supper. Then we'll put on Midnight Special from WFMT in Chicago. Well probably be in bed 2 hours before the official arrival of the new year. :rolleyes:

Meant to add, Happy New Year, everyone!

Last edited:
Good evening. It's extremely foggy, raining, and 55.
We're staying home, the weather is setting up to be a very bad night to be driving, especially if you've had one (or twelve!) too many.

We're staying home, too. My wife made Beef Wellington for supper yesterday when we hosted her sister and sister's husband for belated Christmas dinner. It was Yummy, there were lots of leftovers, so it's our New Year's Eve supper. Then we'll put on Midnight Special from WFMT in Chicago. Well probably be in bed 2 hours before the official arrival of the new year. :rolleyes:

Meant to add, Happy New Year, everyone!
Whoa! Beef Wellington! Can I borrow your wife for supper prep only?
Happy New Year to one and all...I haven't been up this late in 30 years!

just woke up. bug or virus bit the heck out of me. slept most of yesterday and today[31st] wish y'all a Healthy and Happy new Year.
going back to bed. Prayers for all,
Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back