Running Bear's Coffee Shoppe LIX

Oh freaking yumm!!! Pigs in a blanket I haven't had in eons! Wrap a slice of cheese with them and I'm happy.
I'd just be happy to have someone else cook (or buy) me supper once in a while.

Happy IHOP'ing Capt. Weems!
E

Well, It's just too bad that you are not closer. I'd be happy to extend you a break. Wife has been so busy with grandkids all over that I am almost a bachelor again, and even when she is here, she is so worn out that she does not feel like cooking a big meal, and I am sort of tired of "short order" cooking for myself as well. So there!

BigE More than the train Gods were working in your neighborhood. No matter what caused the bike accident someone caused that bike to stop in your font yard. No matter how bad the accident was it may have been better than where he was heading without having figured a good way to decompress.

You are probably right about that. He was heading towards the interstate and joked with the police and EMS about how he wasn't on the "big road". We all knew good well how that would have turned out. In the end, I suppose if he had to crash then who's better place to crash in front of? Seems like God meant for us to meet.
The whole event was too surreal. I have saved a few lives and done resuscitation before so this wasn't my first rodeo. It always hits me the next day when I have time to take it all in and decompress on my own. PTSD maybe?
I don't know.
E.

Well, It's just too bad that you are not closer. I'd be happy to extend you a break. Wife has been so busy with grandkids all over that I am almost a bachelor again, and even when she is here, she is so worn out that she does not feel like cooking a big meal, and I am sort of tired of "short order" cooking for myself as well. So there!

Roger that on cooking a big meal. I get tired of cooking now and then. But if I want to eat well, which I do, I have to cook - and I'm good at it. I was talking to Dad a few weekends ago and whining about being bored. Dad suggested I make my famous "steak diane" supper. He has no idea how much that costs and how much time it takes.
In a couple of weeks Chet will be heading this way to the Daytona 500 and I'll make my famous cheese dip. It's mighty good and sure to stop you up for a good week or so.

What else would a brother do? Are people so lack of empathy and stuff that they don't understand what to do when a "man is down". Are they afraid to "get involved"? To me it's just as natural as breathing. You just do it without a thought. It was only until later when we were inside having a beer when he said he was a Marine and had figured me to be some sort of intense military. Of course we had to pick on each other after that.
He had a back pack on but left it outside and something came up about conceal & carry or just packing. He was packing but said he didn't know how I'd take that. Really? Sitting right next to me is an H&K USP .40 cal in plain view and nevermind all the pics I have all over the walls. I assured him firearms are more than welcome here.
I'll go check on him in a couple days. He's only about 300 yards away at the end of our street.
E

Hmmm, an old saying comes to mind, "When the Student is ready a Master will appear." It took Veterans to "talk me down" properly and provide a bit of guidance as to how to 'behave' around 'normal' people in the 'normal' world and my 'trauma' was slight. Show him the way.

Hmmm, an old saying comes to mind, "When the Student is ready a Master will appear." It took Veterans to "talk me down" properly and provide a bit of guidance as to how to 'behave' around 'normal' people in the 'normal' world and my 'trauma' was slight. Show him the way.

Well now that just gave me chill bumps (as we say in the south). Do you reckon God put us together on purpose? He told me he did 2 (two) deployments around Bahrain (been there) but never saw any "real" action. He's never had to deal with what I do in my head. But he's doing a good thing in going back to school to get his bachelor's degree and considering going back to the Corps. I already offered to tutor him through college if he wants the help. If he wants someone to talk to, I'm right here.
I suppose in a way I was getting more stuff of my chest as well. That's ok with me.
I ain't got many friends neither.
E.

701 series. Hope I can do this tomorrow.

More beer.

Bowl baby bowl!!!! Last time I bowled I threw a 170-something which they told me was really good.
I'll be making my cheese dip about the time you are flying over in a few weeks.
Actually I think you all will have to diverge across N. GA so as to stay out of the ATL cubic.
I could meet you in McCullom (sp?) field if you want. I'd be honored.
E.

Afternoon All,

Well, another day and another change to the yard project...sigh. Last night I tried running my BF16 A/A consist. The units have a drawbar, diaphrams and are hard wired together with a speaker in each unit. Bottom line was I could either change the track or never bring the units through the yard. After some thinking (my weak spot LOL) I remembered the 3 way switch that did not work out for the coal mine. After installing that, the track geometries actually are eased. Friday I will test Locos. Probably no layout work tomorrow since I am taking my parents out to lunch.

Thanks to everyone who made a suggestion for my tower. I'm going to put it by the coal mine. There is less room in the yard now. I am thinking of putting a yard office and watch box in the yard instead.

David- It is the Walthers version of a PRR tower.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Curt: I forgot to mention last night that I like the placement of the Watchmans tower and that is about the spot I felt it would be good at. The three way switch looks good and as you say eases the problems you were having before. Very good.

Had a wee look in my books on Milwaukee Road cabooses...

Transfer caboose #01741: Scrapped.
Transfer caboose #01775: Scrapped.
Rib sided caboose #991913 (#01913): Motel unit.
Rib sided caboose #01839 (#991839): Scrapped
Rib sided caboose #01874 (#991874): Hunting cabin
Rib sided caboose #01856 (#991856): Scrapped
Rib sided caboose #01920 (#991920): Destroyed by fire in '71.
International bay window caboose #992218: Became Soo Line #150 and later #153.
International bay window caboose #992221: Became Soo Line #156.

So, when all done and dusted, I'll have 9 Milwaukee Road cabooses from three different eras, I think....

Back