Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLVII

Good morning troops....

Wish you all a pleasant weekend....

IMG_216153199897213_zpsmkvzdgvv.jpg

Source and photographer unknown....

Good morning 113,

what is on your itinerary for the weekend?

I know you have some locomotives waiting in the paint shop for decals, will you have time to work on them?

Good morning Louis...
At the moment, I wish I had a decent computer, so that I could work on some designs for a paintjob and company logo... At the moment, I'm thinking of borrowing PRR's classic five stripes and if possible, adopt them to the Geeps etc., as for the logo, maybe borrow the Milwaukee Road's tilted sign or the old stylish N&W one...
Other than that, working on more ideas in and around my freelance railroad....which at the moment have a few subsidiaries, one being an iron ore railroad...

Good Moring Everyone!

19 with blustery winds and clear skies in southeast Baltimore, it does not get much colder then this here!

Today is my wife's birthday, I will be busy trying to make this the best birthday it can be for my Angelface. I am the luckiest man in the world!

Have a great day everybody!

How have you been, Mike? It's been a while!

Sitting in the break room waiting to get off work. Everything is ready to start disassembly of the reactor head Sunday night. All our equipment is staged, our schedule has been fine tuned and we're ready to get a little rest before the action begins. To top it all off the weatherman is predicting up to 13" of that awful white stuff. Sure hope it's a lot less!!!!

Today is our anniversary! Forty years ago today I married a great woman! I know that for a fact because she's put up with me all this time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny you should mention that Eric - did you see my reply to Z28 on his can't-help-myself thread? "Great minds think alike" LOL

Great minds indeed, Ken!! I have a similar story about that royal blue B&O steamer I told you about. I was stashing lunch money and what leftovers from my paper route in a savings account I had. Deposits were usually only 1 or 2 dollars and maybe a little coin. After a few months of that, I guess the folks figured I was determined to have it. Then Christmas rolled around and someone took care that saying to just keep my little savings account going. Doubt I was anywhere near half-way to buying it on my own.
Needless to say I immediately headed straight to the basement and didn't come back up until way late in the evening.
Wish I still had that thing. Like I told you that night, I let a friend run it on his track. I had switched over to N but kept that one loco because it was just too cool. Yeah, I never saw it again.
(major sigh)
E

Good Moring Everyone!

19 with blustery winds and clear skies in southeast Baltimore, it does not get much colder then this here!

Today is my wife's birthday, I will be busy trying to make this the best birthday it can be for my Angelface. I am the luckiest man in the world!

Have a great day everybody!

Happy Birthday to the good lady, Louis!

How have you been, Mike? It's been a while!

Sitting in the break room waiting to get off work. Everything is ready to start disassembly of the reactor head Sunday night. All our equipment is staged, our schedule has been fine tuned and we're ready to get a little rest before the action begins. To top it all off the weatherman is predicting up to 13" of that awful white stuff. Sure hope it's a lot less!!!!

Today is our anniversary! Forty years ago today I married a great woman! I know that for a fact because she's put up with me all this time!

A hearty congratulations to you two!

Mornin all!

Going to put the cars outside, fire up the heaters and work in the garage today. Going to try and finish the lower part of the new workbench/storage area. We are also waiting delivery of a new bed today (sometime between 10 and 3 :rolleyes:) and we are meeting some old friends for dinner tonight. Not much time for trains today,,maybe tomorrow, oh wait,,,GMTS show this weekend,,,maybe I'll go tomorrow.

I do need to cut down a frame to accept a new drivetrain. maybe I can sneak that out in the garage while it warmed up?

Athearn Switcher build 001.jpg

Bob, congrats on the anniversary! Give her a hug from us, she surely deserves it!

Louis, tell the Missus Happy B-day too!

Wow,,,coffee done already,,natures call,,later gang!

Back