Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLVII

Boris - I have to agree our boys stunk last night. Too many stupid penalties. We are really going to miss having Perreault in the lineup too. I think our chances of making the playoffs are disappearing again unless we aquire a decent goal scorer before the deadline.

On the contrary, I like the Jets chances of making the playoffs, especially after the trade. The atmosphere seems to have improved since Paul Maurice arrived. I mean you are in 5th place in the West with 70 points. With the Canucks and Flames right behind, the Jets have to keep on winning, but it's a big improvement. I also believe the jets got the better part of the trade with Buffalo. Going to be interesting in the West. Hopefully they wont fall apart like the Leafs did:eek:. Last night was Washington's night to break out. They have been sluggish since the All star break.

I am pleasantly surprised to see my Conrail GG1 from Factory Direct Trains has already been processed for shipping. I don't expect same day shipping let alone same morning!

Are you guys talking about hockey?
Who was it that said "I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out".

I'll stick to Aussie rules football, aka rugby. I played it in college. No pads. No helmets. No fights - ever.
Of course you have to be about half psycho to go all out for it.
Dr. Bob, my English lit. professor was the coach and got me into it. How he found me I don't know.
I did do a lot of intramural sports back then. Maybe he had scouts.
Fencing, water polo, racquet ball, flag football, baseball, softball, volleyball, etc.
Water polo was probably the most violent.

I am pleasantly surprised to see my Conrail GG1 from Factory Direct Trains has already been processed for shipping. I don't expect same day shipping let alone same morning!

Nothing like buying yourself a new present!!

Already this morning I've found and fix yet another bad spot in my track. Every time I think all is well, I find something else amiss.
And, of course another bad coupler.
Does this crap never end?

Then again, I did just kind of throw this layout together. Guess I shouldn't complain. Until yesterday I hadn't spoke to another human in 5 days.

On the contrary, I like the Jets chances of making the playoffs, especially after the trade. The atmosphere seems to have improved since Paul Maurice arrived. I mean you are in 5th place in the West with 70 points. With the Canucks and Flames right behind, the Jets have to keep on winning, but it's a big improvement. I also believe the jets got the better part of the trade with Buffalo. Going to be interesting in the West. Hopefully they wont fall apart like the Leafs did:eek:. Last night was Washington's night to break out. They have been sluggish since the All star break.

I hope you are right. The fans here are hungry for the playoffs, and if the Jets miss them again it's going to be ugly in town. It's nice to see that Ovie is back in form, he sure is fun to watch.

Ok... I'm bored...

Guess I'll take the trains out for a few laps.
Maybe switch up some cars and change directions.
That's sure to show up some aggravations.... alas....

Just an update on our cyclone, has been downgraded to a tropical low and the rainband is just passing over us now, with moderate to heavy falls showing on the radar. Luckily we had that bit of respite from the rain, late yesterday and last night. Hopefully allowed the river and creeks to loose some volume.

Sounds good so far. At least you're not treading water. Hope your luck holds out.

The most sustained heavy rain we've had till now is just easing off and the latest TV report shows it has stopped to the north, so the direct main threat for us seems to have passed. It will depend on how much water is to come down the creek 1/2 a mile away, whether we get any flash flooding. They are saying there could be some thunderstorms from the west later. Where I am is very flat, so surface water doesn't drain well. I put open surface drains around our back patio and added an extra pipe drain to the street some years ago, and directed that and another existing stormwater drain to exit right next to the kerbside street drain, to try and take advantage of any venturi effect that street gutter water pouring into that drain might have. Seems to work, another drain further away gets blocked once the gutters fill up. The surface drain was full, but just coping during that last downpour.

A lot of damage in the regions first affected by this storm, but no deaths or serious injuries reported. I think people are as geared up as possible for these things, but this one is the strongest in 25 years to come as close. The country folk are well aware of the dangers of driving through floodwaters, but many of the townies ignore the repeated warnings no to.

I'm not sure which is worse, dealing with the weather, or the other household resident. If Disney plans another movie with Chicken Little in it, I've got his star.

I'm not sure which is worse, dealing with the weather, or the other household resident. If Disney plans another movie with Chicken Little in it, I've got his star.

Sounds like my 4-legged daughter... If it thunders, the dog tries to crawl under the couch. That is no mean feat, as the couch is maybe two inches off the floor.

Toot .... Sounds like a very rough storm. I am glad you are okay so far, and I hope that continues to be the case.

This week's winer weather has been awful here. Roads are bad. Yesterday was the first day of the week we had mail service. ... Kentucky just had its coldest night in over 100 years. ....We had snow this afternoon which changed to freezing rain. We'll have ice all night. It will warm to the 40's tomorrow while we get heavy rain. Then it will freeze again Sunday, and I bet ice will be a problem.

I finished building my stock yard. ...

Happy Model Railroading

Back