Running Bear's Coffee Shop May 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy

Gene .. I like the photo with cabooses . The scenery and the sky backdrop look good. ... Nice looking CN switcher also.

Louis. .. feel free to talk with us a while if no baseball game.

Curt ... I like the station signs.

Sherrel .. I hope the family members you mentioned who are cancer patients improve and get well.

Thanks to all who commented on my friend with cancer . I saw him today and he seemed to be doing well . He is still thinking of getting rid of his train layout however.

GENE .. Your last few photos are clear and sharp.
This is the way my iPad started acting the last time I used it to make a picture.
The doggie door just barely fit between two studs, one of which I had to noch 3/8 of an inch and I had to trim the opposite electrical cover plate to make it fit. The sliding door is just to the right and kitchen cabinets are less than a foot away on the left.
1527720368424.png

Good evening. Took off from Syracuse this morning and took a side trip to see Niagara Falls.

20180530_104447.jpeg

Wanted to stop by the Buffalo Marine park where one of my old ships, the USS Little Rock is on display. Missed the exit and didn't want to put up with the traffic. Just wanted to get on the way. Got as far as Angola, IN, right at the Ohio, Indiana line.

Willie
- You certainly seem to enjoy the garden. Nothing like real fresh food.

Sam - You are correct about having a finished room before starting. Trying to make improvements once the layout has been started will be a lot more of a pain.

Mikey - The cafe is outstanding. Well done. I am getting the word that we have to get going to have dinner. The other couple are giving me the evil eye pecking on the laptop.

Later.

No baseball today Garry, other than the Orioles on the radio, but an ever growing todo list! I'm not going to complain, thank God I have a list to work on and the strength to do it, sometimes.

Louis-- Noticed that the Orioles aren't exactly setting the world on fire this year?
Neither are anyof the teams that I cheer for!
Could Be a ho-hum year.
Are you getting anything done with the trains, or did you wear yourself out on those floors?
That's an undertaking for those younger than us anymore!

GENE .. Your last few photos are clear and sharp.
This is the way my iPad started acting the last time I used it to make a picture.
The doggie door just barely fit between two studs, one of which I had to noch 3/8 of an inch and I had to trim the opposite electrical cover plate to make it fit. The sliding door is just to the right and kitchen cabinets are less than a foot away on the left.
View attachment 28192

Sherrel.....take a read on these...plus how old is your iPad? Do you have an iPhone? If so which Model?
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5501021

Louis-- Noticed that the Orioles aren't exactly setting the world on fire this year?
Neither are anyof the teams that I cheer for!
Could Be a ho-hum year.
Are you getting anything done with the trains, or did you wear yourself out on those floors?
That's an undertaking for those younger than us anymore!

I'm not getting much of anything done!

My Rosedale 7-8 A clinic Orioles are doing better than expected.

When it comes to the big boys, Ive seen the Orioles as the best in baseball 69,70,71 etc. and the worst, 1988. I love watching/listening baseball win or lose I follow my birds.

Left Gadsden this morning at a little before 8am (east coast time). Got home a little before 7pm. Eleven hours, 668 miles. I thought I was going to drown in the rain west of Richmond, VA. Lots of steady rain in Alabama and along I-81 in Tennessee and Virginia.
Glad to be home. I left my friend with advice on how to keep moving on the layout so it doesn't become a catch all.

Sherrel.....take a read on these...plus how old is your iPad? Do you have an iPhone? If so which Model?
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5501021
Gene -- Thank you for that information ... I became so disgusted that I placed it in a drawer and have not fooled with it in almost 2 years. I will dig it out and see what model it is; I know that it is around 5 years old, or more. Wife has a iPhone 6+-I have a Samsung G5. Wife uses an iMac that I bought her last August, I use 2 different laptops; HP and ASUS both Win10 with a Win7 look. Lately, I have been mostly computer free from trouble, but as I am a "dummy" - I keep a paid up account with the GEEKS who are stationed 1/3 mile from me - and wife's nephew 1/2 mile away is the IT for two major hospitals nearby.
Got sidetracked there -- I will get her to take it to Apple and see if I can reverse back to IOS6?

Thanks everybody for the expressions of concern! I live ~8 miles from downtown Ellicott City and my house sits on high ground, so I wasn't impacted by the flood. I can't speak for Karl, but he lives about 10 miles farther from EC than I do.

Havn't really had much time to participate in discussions here because, like Louis, I've been enormously busy - both at my day job and working on my rolling stock weathering project in the evenings.

Take care y'all,

Gene -- Thank you for that information ... I became so disgusted that I placed it in a drawer and have not fooled with it in almost 2 years. I will dig it out and see what model it is; I know that it is around 5 years old, or more. Wife has a iPhone 6+-I have a Samsung G5. Wife uses an iMac that I bought her last August, I use 2 different laptops; HP and ASUS both Win10 with a Win7 look. Lately, I have been mostly computer free from trouble, but as I am a "dummy" - I keep a paid up account with the GEEKS who are stationed 1/3 mile from me - and wife's nephew 1/2 mile away is the IT for two major hospitals nearby.
Got sidetracked there -- I will get her to take it to Apple and see if I can reverse back to IOS6?

Sherrel...in my personal opinion the more modern smartphones like the iPhone6 and the Samsung’s seem to take better quality pictures than iPads and tablets. My iPhone 6 which I bought at the same time as this iPad definately seems to take better pictures than this iPad...but I get lazy when I post here or to other forums because I almost never post from my iPhone, just from my iPad...so I end up taking lower quality pics directly from my iPad to post here.

Good morning. It's partly cloudy and 72 here.
There was some weather...
We were stuck in a tent while a very strong, windy thunderstorm rolled through, with straight-line winds in excess of 50mph, and gusts even higher. I wasn't worried about the trailer or contents, as it has easily come through worse unscathed. Of course, this time it got scathed... It has a pair of powered vents that open when it gets warm, fans that will run to cool it, and close if it starts raining. The wind was so strong from behind the trailer the motors were unable to close the vent over the kitchen table. Where my laptop was sitting, open and running, because I'd been writing an article. It didn't go well for the laptop. Several other people had stuff get damaged, including our fearless leader, whose wife forgot to close the sunroof on their heavily-electronic-infested Mercedes SUV. It's being towed to the dealer this morning. It makes me feel better, only having to buy a new laptop, and not several thousand dollars for replacing damaged German electronics.

Good morning everyone. 69 and stormy; high in the mid-80's later, 60% chance of storms most of the day.

Chet - Nice clear photo of the falls. Enjoy your trip home.
Willie - will send a PM in a few

Finished putting the "glass" panes in the windows of the DPM structure, and did some work on signs for some of the businesses in town. Waiting on some decals and other detail stuff in my next MBK order, which should arrive soon.

Have a good day everyone.

Good Morning All. Ugggh! 75° and mostly cloudy with 80% humidity. Thankfully the forecast has been wrong for a few days now, it is actually cooler than predicted; only hit 93° yesterday. Like most of the eastern part of the country, we seemed to have skipped spring this year. Our average high is 85° and the average low for this time of year is 64°
Out in the train shed yesterday, I added the remaining roads and approaches to the grade crossing which is 2/3 complete for the main line. I am stopping short on the other side of the passing siding as my plans for that side are evolving a bit. Well actually there is no firm plan yet but I am now considering adding some slight elevation to that side for better viewing. Did a little more assembly on that Roundhouse tanker kit that I mentioned a few days ago. Two more brackets and it will be done; glue and wait, glue and wait, etc.

Curt - Yes, the two-foot rule. Worked fine for me for many years until digital cameras came along. Now I find that I am going back and retouching things on a regular basis. Maybe that's why I can't get more scenery done.:confused: Did you use LED's for your problem lighting? I think that I had read that they need correct + & - wiring.
Louis -
Hey Everybody! Rain today, no baseball.
Is that all we get from you?
Garry - Continued prayers for Dan.
Mikey - Congratulations on the award. You definitely deserved it.
Chet - Nice picture of the falls. Continue to have a safe trip.

Time to prepare for the grocery trek. Everybody have a great day.

Willie

57 degrees to start with -- up to a possible 73 high today.
There was a hugh bright light in the sky yesterday- strange to see as it has been "gloomy" mostly up until noon or later.

TERRY -- Your luck saga continues with the laptops!
I think you would have had more fun throwing it down the stairs!
Glad you guys were not injured - other than feelings?

DID a few "home projects" yesterday - Am happy to report that nothing broke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back