Running Bear's Coffee Shop May 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
A ps on the Polaroid Cube (see above) after reading what passes for the user manual: Its a full-service camera, with functions such as burst and time-lapse available via the phone app. I'm really impressed with this little sucker. Can't wait to load it onto a flatcar.

Good evening, everybody ... The family visit is over. They left for Cincinnati this afternoon..... Raining here since late yesterday.

Mikey ..... I definitely like your cafe. Very well built and detailed.

Sherrel ..... A wedding on the Queen Mary ? ... Wow.... Looks like the ladies enjoyed it. .... If we go to CA again, we may wish to consider a visit to the Queen Mary.

Sam .... Evidently, you are making progress with the basement so you can build the layout.

Gene .... I like your photos, but they are small.

Curt and Beady ... Nice of you to comment on my train friend's situation. This winter, he thought he had beat cancer following his recovery from surgery in which his esophagus was removed and replace with one made from tissue from his stomach. A couple months later, he learned he had lymphoma. He has been on chemo treatments since then.

I spent some time in the train room this evening running trains.

Good morning all,

Rainy, rainy, rainy in Northern Illinois. No outside work today! Got 16 more feet of backdrop installed yesterday. Still lots to go, but I didn't realize the kind of time it would take to do it.

Have a great day all!

Good Morning All. Only down to 75° overnight, and clear right now. Got up this morning and walked a mile after sunrise then went immediately into the pool about 30 minutes ago. I'll probably make at least two more visits later today. I'm currently watering the garden. Nice passive chore.
Limited time in the train shed yesterday. Split my time between sanding/smoothing the grade crossing approaches in the current project area and adding interiors to a couple more businesses for that area.
Thanks for the recent comments on the remaining museum pictures, Joe, Johnny, Sherrel, Curt and anyone else that I may have missed.

Joe, I like seeing familiar old and new structure kits on other layouts, as it gives me ideas on improving those that I have. The museum had a whole table of them, unfortunately no picture, that had been donated recently, but had not yet been sited on the layout.
Garry - Sorry to read about your friend Dan, prayers for him.
Curt - Good luck with the electrical gremlins.
Greg - Snow is hard to figure around here as well. A couple of years ago, we had 4 - 10"+ events in the same winter, this winter we had a light dusting once! I like your idea about offering limited choices.o_O
Sam - Other than having to reach overhead for the whole project, I found that drop ceilings were not too difficult to install. Still sounds like you're making major progress.
Mike - Sounds like you're making some good progress as well.

Everybody have an awesome day, whichever one that it is...Let's see, Bill Gates says it's Wednesday!:D

Willie

Good morning everyone. 65 and sunny, heading for 90 today. We've had 2 or 3 days of record-setting heat for the city of Springfield - we need it to cool down for a while. Mediocre chances of rain for next two days, then a hot dry weekend.

Willie - Speaking of gardens - - Ours is coming along okay - finger-sized cukes showing up, plus flowers on the tomatoes and squash, and the peas are climbing up their poles. I've about decided to rip up the strawberry patch - this is their third year and their production is low and they are not sweet at all. Not worth keeping them.

Got all the plastic windows in the DPM structure except one of the short sides - I can get that one tonight. Then glue it all together. About decided that this structure will be a grocery warehouse or a cola distributor.

Have a good day everyone.

Good morning fellers. A muggy start to the day here. I reckon it's that time of the year again any ways. Rain and a bunch of it in the forecast for the rest of the week. Some nice photos being posted on here since my last post. And a recommendation for a color to paint my engine house. I'll have to look it up to see how it looks.

Good evening, everybody ... The family visit is over. They left for Cincinnati this afternoon..... Raining here since late yesterday.

Mikey ..... I definitely like your cafe. Very well built and detailed.

Sherrel ..... A wedding on the Queen Mary ? ... Wow.... Looks like the ladies enjoyed it. .... If we go to CA again, we may wish to consider a visit to the Queen Mary.

Sam .... Evidently, you are making progress with the basement so you can build the layout.

Gene .... I like your photos, but they are small.

Curt and Beady ... Nice of you to comment on my train friend's situation. This winter, he thought he had beat cancer following his recovery from surgery in which his esophagus was removed and replace with one made from tissue from his stomach. A couple months later, he learned he had lymphoma. He has been on chemo treatments since then.

I spent some time in the train room this evening running trains.

Gary...if you click on them, the thumbnails, they enlarge.

Gary...if you click on them, the thumbnails, they enlarge.

GENE -- NOT Impressed so far!
The hopper enlarged nicely,but was not clear and sharp (maybe it is my computer).
The cabeese photo would not enlarge, but I could tell from the smaller image that it would not be clear and sharp.
I will go upstairs and check out another computer, but the pic are not up to your usual standards!

60 degrees and a cool "misty" bit of moisture - Actually, I think we are in a cloud?
Weird weather here lately ... hot-cold... cold-hot.

Beady/Sam ... Good luck with the basements. You two could do a Laurel/Hardy routine!

Garry --I did not comment about your friend, but he is in my thoughts and prayers right along with a couple family members here who have recurring cancer problems and undergoing more treatment after they thought they were safe. It's terrible!

JOE -- That's the problem - You did nothing! I was expecting a replacement from you so I could keep some of my pocket change, but it did not materialize? LOL

18D9705E-541A-4503-B06B-DB5F4D854B1F.jpeg
18D9705E-541A-4503-B06B-DB5F4D854B1F.jpeg

GENE -- NOT Impressed so far!
The hopper enlarged nicely,but was not clear and sharp (maybe it is my computer).
The cabeese photo would not enlarge, but I could tell from the smaller image that it would not be clear and sharp.
I will go upstairs and check out another computer, but the pic are not up to your usual standards!

Sherrel...I agree 100% about the clarity of the pics, especially when enlarged. I suspect that it is due more to the Pic shareing site that I was playing with ....
.those pics have been copied ,uploaded,downloaded and posted so many times over the years that by the time I loaded them to the new site yesterday and then from there to here they have lost tons of image quality. At least that is what ai suspect has happened.

Sherrel...this is a pic I just took with my iPad using the camera in the pic-shareing website...does it look clearer than the others...sharper?

Yes, GENE, That looks better!
Try a couple more - be about an hour before I Can Lookagain.
Have to run an errand!

PS,GENE, What kind of iPad are you using. Asking because my older iPad refuses to make a clear photo.
For some reason every pic is hazy - like "foggy".

It was not always that way?

PS,GENE, What kind of iPad are you using. Asking because my older iPad refuses to make a clear photo.
For some reason every pic is hazy - like "foggy".

It was not always that way?

It’s a 2015 iPad Air2 64GB

I’d be surprised if it’s your iPAd

Afternoon All,

Pretty lazy day with rain off and on all day. I painted my freight station signs today. They started out as unpainted laser cut HO signs. Not the sharpest paint job when really close but at 2 foot away they are fine. I used brick red and antique gold craft paint applied by toothpick and micro brush. Tomorrow I'm going up to Jon's to try and get my lighting issues resolved. Phil won't be able to come as he has a routine dr. appointment.

Beady- I have an older one without some of your features but it shoots excellent video.

Justin- What I meant to tell you yesterday was Floquil Zinc Chromate Primer. Sorry for the confusion.

20180530_131421.jpg

Gene- Great looking scene with the cabeese and nice switcher.

20180530_140211.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back