Running Bear's Coffee Shop May 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhhhhh Baltimore. I hear a lot about it. It's just up the road about 100 miles from me. I skirt around it when going to Timonium or points north in PA. I hear it's a nice place to be "from".

Now, now! That's not nice. :rolleyes: Although, I grant you it has changed a lot since the last time I lived there. Lot has changed in Jersey in the 32 years I've been here too. :rolleyes:.

Help wanted: Baltimore City Police Commissioner. Candidates not facing federal charges to the front of the line.

Not again!:eek:

..And all who sail in us.
Welcome back ! :rolleyes:

Personally, I prefer living in a lightly populated location where there is hardly any tafffic congestion and where people are much more friendly. ....

I don't think I could stand the quiet :rolleyes:, definitely would have to get used to the friendly part :rolleyes: and.. the hardly any traffic congestion part:rolleyes:.

61° cloudy and wet. I love the smell of Jersey in the Morning. Today, we get to spend some time at the DMV, renewing our driver's licenses... :eek:Never know what lurks beyond those walls. :eek::eek::eek:

Good Morning All. A bit cooler today with 66° and mostly cloudy, the rain has been removed from the forecast and the rain yesterday never materialized. Lots of outdoor chores yesterday, mowing, weed-eating, picking veggies, etc. Looks like today is removing the pool cover as soon as I remove the debris on top. Lots of pollen remnants and tree seeds, the usual stuff. I think that my racoon left on it's own after viewing the opossum in the trap yesterday. They normally don't hang around long anyway.
Out in the train shed, I spent a little more time finally. I touched up the paint in the asphalt parking lot/alley in my current project area, added additional storefront/signage to a Merchant's Row I structure and did some detailing of a couple of vehicles that will be used there. I was also able to clean/inspect about another two dozen freight cars.
Thanks for the comments on the museum and hotel pictures, Garry, Chet, Curt, and anyone that I may have missed. No pictures this morning as I am rearranging my walking schedule and I am about to leave.

Sherrel - Tenaha TX isn't a good place to get lost around. Check out the part here regarding the police department: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenaha,_Texas
I liked the diamond picture.
Justin - The yellow jackets got into your house last fall and overwintered there. Just open the door and let them out...they're one of the very few creatures that meet death in my world.
Johnny - Discount Model Railroads is still there and doing well. I was there myself two weeks ago. Left them a couple of Ben Franklins to remember me by.
Beady - I'm right there with you on spending the children's inheritance.
Garry - I'm in complete agreement regarding living in the country.

Everybody have a great day.

Willie

BOB- I have to get here by going on the previous link then connecting to here. Isn't there a more direct way ?

What do you mean by “here”? The forum in general or this particular discussion? What link are you using?

You should be able to get here by going to modelrailroadforums.com and then choose “what’s new” to find new topics.

Good morning everyone. 63, mostly sunny, hitting 81 later, with 20% chance of rain today. Nice morning for a cup of coffee and an eclair, please, Flo.

Willie - Yeah, Tenaha has an "aggressive" police department - hey, they have to make money somehow so they can buy nice pickup trucks. There's an old country western song titled "Tenaha, Timpson, Bobo, and Blair." Its a string of four towns that the rr went through in the great state of East Texas. Also, glad you lightened your wallet a bit at the train store. ;)
Garry - I responded to your PM. Looking forward to this Saturday.

Worked outside as soon as we got home from day jobs yesterday. Finished reinforcing our garden fence with some chicken wire fencing, hauled dirt, raked, etc. Checked the rain gauge from Monday night's downpour - exactly 1 inch. I got some time in the modeling room, too. Finally have a couple of photos to post. The first one is part of Merchant's Row V - the bakery is named for one of my granddaughters. The second one is a DPM kit and is in honor of my dad who was a printer and pressman for a large printing company most of his life.

ElaynasBakery1.jpg

JohnnysPrinting1.jpg

I see it's happening again - that bakery photo is right-side-up in my photo gallery on my computer, but no matter what I do it posts upside-down. did that once before. maybe Bob can fix it so you don't have to stand on your head to see it. Bob, can you also figure out why this happens to me?

Have a good day everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob - Here's something interesting/frustrating I've discovered about photos and posting to the forum: I usually take photos of the layout (like the ones I just posted a few minutes ago) with my iPad - it's got a good camera in it. I then send those photos to my computer (for permanent storage and forwarding to other people). Some of the photos come to my computer upside-down and some right-side up. The upside-down photos I open with Paint, rotate them, and save them right-side up in my computer's photo gallery. But when I post a photo, if it is one that I had to rotate and save, it posts upside-down every time (even though it's right-side-up in my gallery). The photos that I don't have to rotate post just fine. That's what happened this morning - the bakery photo was one I had to rotate and save, but it still posts upside down; the Johnny's Printing photo didn't have to be rotated and it posted just fine. Help?!?!?!?!?

Sorry everyone - didn't mean to post both full-size photos as well as thumbnails - that's something else that doesn't seem to make sense to me - I told it to post just the thumbnails, but it posted both. My bad, I guess. Not sure what I did wrong.

Johnny -- Want to borrow my Avatar? Computers will continue to flustrate me - sometimes every day!

Willie: Dang -- Didn't know that! Back before I left home - the family used to travel through Tenaha about once a year.

Wouldn't live in a large city again ... Where I live was very nice 28 years ago - 20k large - now well over 100k! I hate it!

Good morning. The rock is still dry at 46 degrees. Should be up into the mid 70's again this afternoon.

Willie - Like the hotel. Beautiful job.

Ken D&J -
I am going to assume that you really enjoyed that ride yesterday.

Louis -
Nice to see you in here. Been missing your input. Don't be such a stranger.

Johnny - Like the print shop. The bakery is looking good also, but my neck is a bit sore trying to see it right side down. They look really fine. Your town must be beginning to take shape.

Here's a rail photo for today.

17594cd471609fd33e361122ebaa960c.jpg

Later

Good Afternoon. Temperature has dropped to 57, and it's still raining.

We survived the visit to the DMV, I sailed through the 6 points of identification process, and even had my Veterans status added to the face of the license - for whatever that might get me - plus I renewed my "disabled" parking permit, also no problem...;) Meanwhile, Natasha went to the wicked witch window, where the clerk disputed the validity of our marriage certificate, needed to verify the name change on her birth certificate. and didn't want to accept her Medicare card as health insurance :mad:. She still had more points than needed and was grudgingly given her new license... Some of these NJ state employees don't want to accept documents issued by other states...o_O. Now, that ordeal is over for a couple of years, before she needs something else renewed. :rolleyes: Don't understand why everything has got to be so difficult here??? Makes Maryland look good.

Good Afternoon. Temperature has dropped to 57, and it's still raining.

We survived the visit to the DMV, I sailed through the 6 points of identification process, and even had my Veterans status added to the face of the license - for whatever that might get me - plus I renewed my "disabled" parking permit, also no problem...;) Meanwhile, Natasha went to the wicked witch window, where the clerk disputed the validity of our marriage certificate, needed to verify the name change on her birth certificate. and didn't want to accept her Medicare card as health insurance :mad:. She still had more points than needed and was grudgingly given her new license... Some of these NJ state employees don't want to accept documents issued by other states...o_O. Now, that ordeal is over for a couple of years, before she needs something else renewed. :rolleyes: Don't understand why everything has got to be so difficult here??? Makes Maryland look good.
Wow! Here in TX, I just show them my old license and proof of auto insurance, give them a thumbprint and they take my picture and I pay the fee. Three minutes top! Don't know about the veteran stuff though since I am not one. Only first time applicants have to show a birth certificate. First renewal after visiting the DMV can be done online, by phone or mail. Every other renewal must be in person. Very easy here.

Willie

Yes, that ride was very enjoyable.
Today, my first full day in retirement seems to be going very, very slow. Got quite a few things accomplished though. Even got a short nap in too.

Afternoon All,

Very humid here today and threatening rain. I spent a lot of time in the train room today. First I painted the large exterior walls, then I painted the windows and doors (primer and 2 finish coats), added the "glass", After that I glued in the doors and windows in place. I needed to shim 2 door frames and finally I painted the 6x6's used to join the walls. The volunteering was cancelled for today is on for tomorrow.

Louis- Good to hear from you.

Willie- The hotel looks good.

Justin- You can also go to a craft store like Jo-Ann's. They have strip wood also.

Johnny- Nice looking buildings.

Chet- That's a very interesting track photo.

Joe- NJ must be bad if it makes MD look good.

I will try to remember a photo on Friday. I hope everyone has a good night.

Getting a break from the heat finally. Getting some rain as well. Nothing much else to report other than that. Figured I would check in real quick.

Well I officially left Tapatalk today. Uninstalled and gone. Wasn't feeling any of the other forums on there. Guess I've taken a liking to this forum the most. Got tired of getting overrun by N scale only guys. Not that I have anything against N scale. I have contemplated N scale before but when my HO scale questions go unanswered or nobody know because they model N scale or something or other.....well I don't see a point in sticking around that forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back