Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXXII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all, sunny and calm 33*F here in central MD.

MOH and I will be celebrating Valentines this evening since the 14th is on Ash Wednesday.

Still fixing trackwork locations damaged by benchwork expansion/warping; also discovered I need to smooth out the south end transition of my longest passing siding since my 89-footers won't stay coupled to locomotives at that spot. Might have to compromise on my desire to have the passing siding visibly lower than the main [like the prototype], but having my trains stay together is more important.

keN been lurking while all the craziness flew around, noticed you were talking about op session. Remember, my ProcabR has wheels! ;)

No worries Karl, your on the 'permanent' distro for CL&W op sessions! BTW - if she's gone she's not really 'SWMBO' anymore, right?

Sherrell - glad to hear the cancer is staying away, hopefully the vasc followup will also be normal.

Chet - windblown snow can definitely be a PITA, sometimes it's worse than the actual snowfall itself!

Mark, glad to hear your wife isn't as sick as you feared.

Back to work, catch you all later!

Good morning America, how are ya? A lot has been going on with us for the last 5-6 days, thankfully none of a bad nature. The worst was the fact that I got up early yesterday for an appointment to get a new C-pap. We drove 45 minutes to get there, then we were told that the respiratory therapist had a family emergency and was not able to see me. They said they tried to call me but I had no record of a phone call on my cell phone. Oh well, made a new appointment for tomorrow morning and we went home. I was getting ready to read the news on my phone during supper at work last night when a message came up that I had a new voicemail. It was from the C-pap place saying that they needed to reschedule my appointment. From 8:54 AM to 8:42 PM to get the message. So much for modern communication.

On the good news, my wife got the plane tickets for her trip to Australia bought and everything confirmed for her trip in October. My wife, her sister and a cousin have been planning this trip for about a year. Glad that she gets to go and I hope she has a blast. Just wish that I could go, too! I get to stay behind and go to work and take care of our fur kids. Maybe I can work in some railroad time!

Willie-A belated happy birthday to your wife. Now you have a reason to drink some more beer.

Mark-Good to hear that it's only bronchitis that your wife has to deal with.....though that is no picnic! My wife and I fought a round of it and mine is just about cleared up. Been going on for over a month.

Good modeling by all and I'm jealous of the results. Keep up the good work!

Got to run!

BBOB
Oh well, made a new appointment for tomorrow morning and we went home. I was getting ready to read the news on my phone during supper at work last night when a message came up that I had a new voicemail. It was from the C-pap place saying that they needed to reschedule my appointment. From 8:54 AM to 8:42 PM to get the message. So much for modern communication.

I'm almost laying odds that you have Verizon? My voice mails have lately been coming in 2-3 days afterwards!
So much for technology. :rolleyes:

Afternoon All,

Being lazy today and just goofing off. Actually I'm doing some internet searching for my next project (freight house). I haven't decided yet if I'm going to do a kit or scratch build.

Sherrel- Great news, and a interesting flying story.

Karl- Congrats on the finalization of your divorce and I'm also glad you are feeling better.

Willie- Thank you. I wanted the inside detail because it's one of the first things on the layout you see.

Mark- I figure every place has it's weather advantages and disadvantages.

Chet- Thank you. Nice layout and rail picture.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Good afternoon, everybody ...... I'll have a coke and a cheeseburger please.

Curt, Karl, Willie, and Chet .... Thanks for the comments about my 2-6-2 and my 40' Baggage/RPO car.

Sherrel ..... Waiting 2 or 3 days for voicemail ? ... Terrible service.

Ken MD .... I can understand why you desire to avoid trains uncoupling.

Curt .... Each time i see your interlocking tower, I admire it. You did well.

Chet ...... I may have missed your explanation about what you are doing with the B&O diner. Will it be a stationary model ?

Might have to compromise on my desire to have the passing siding visibly lower than the main [like the prototype], but having my trains stay together is more important.

KenMD: Sort of works that way more often than not. We can only go so far in emulating the prototype. Perhaps if the vertical transition was further from the switch?

Karl: Ken's right, it's SMNBO (She must not be obeyed), from now on.

Mark D: Good news about your wife. Bronchitis is not pleasant, I normally get it once or twice per year. Pneumonia, is much worse. Hopefully she wil shake it soon.

Curt:
The finished tower really looks great. The reduced power lighting makes a big difference. The building itself, looks familiar, what is the tower a model of? Any place in particular?

B.Bob & Sherrel:
I would not be surprised if it was Verizon, either. I recently purchased a new Smart-phone through them, and they sent me an e-mail, asking for my e-mail address because they didn't have it on file...:confused: Their new and improved phone app is really off the wall goofy.

Chet: The diner siding is nice, but FWIW, a B&O passenger train, lost as it may be in the Logan Valley, would look real good. :rolleyes: Seriously, I really enjoyed yesterday's photos also. That blowing snow is annoying. Only thing worse, is intense wind driven lake effect snow, or perhaps a sand storm.

I'm waiting on a package of sale merchandise from Walthers, to begin installing actual scenery on a portion of my layout. I decided that I need to lower my "movable" bridge. Good thing it's movable, as I have to remove the bridge shoes, to get the height right, then add the bridge tenders control enclosure on the back side. While I'm doing this, I can finish the creek bed and maybe pour the water. I'm also waiting on an order from Kleins, with Micro Engineering Code 70 #6 switches to reverse the crossover on the East side. Will make for a smoother transition, and provide a second runaround. As KenMD, found out following the prototype doesn't always translate on the layout.

Karl: Ken's right, it's SMNBO (She must not be obeyed), from now on.

keN, Ken You guys slay me! Actually I was thinking SWCBI (She Who Can Be Ignored) Actually, it was a pretty good split, unlike the 1st marriage that cost me quite a few brass locos, this one cost me none.:cool:

KARL - Is this your new mojo?

Karl's ad.jpg

Terry [or Toot?], I've got a decoder 'trivia' question for you: On an Atlas 'Gold' GP40 with a factory-installed Loksound Select, which CV(s) do need to change so that the sound only comes on at speed step 1 or higher? I tried but couldn't find that setting on DecoderPro. Right now, I have to always press F8 to silence the thing every time I power up the layout.

[EDIT:] Hang on, I think I may have found it...
[EDIT #2:] Nope! The manual either doesn't have that info, or I'm not smart enough to interpret the ESU tech jargon!:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Terry [or Toot?], I've got a decoder 'trivia' question for you: On an Atlas 'Gold' GP40 with a factory-installed Loksound Select, which CV(s) do need to change so that the sound only comes on at speed step 1 or higher? I tried but couldn't find that setting on DecoderPro. Right now, I have to always press F8 to silence the thing every time I power up the layout.

[EDIT:] Hang on, I think I may have found it...
[EDIT #2:] Nope! The manual either doesn't have that info, or I'm not smart enough to interpret the ESU tech jargon!:rolleyes:
Set CV 32=2, 403=16 and the sound will not come on until you press F8.

Wow, first to post!! 5:00 am and the temperature in +15 degrees. there is a change in the air and it's the temperature, we are above ZERO!! Predicted high of 37 above, Sunny and I have to ask; Is this California?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, first to post!! 5:00 am and the temperature in +15 degrees. there is a change in the air and it's the temperature, we are above ZERO!! Predicted high of 37 above, Sunny and I have to ask; Is this California?

I'll send you some of our humidity if you like. It's 10:10pm and I'm blowing bubbles when I breath out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back