Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of that, Curt, back in the 70's we had a 707 coming at us head-on 1000 feet below and leaving a beautiful 4 engine contrail must have been 30-40 miles long. A flight attendant happened to be in the cockpit just as he went below us; she very seriously asked, "Why aren't we making a tail like that?" The flight engineer asked her if she wanted him to open the upper escape hatch so she could look back?

Sherrel .... Is that one off those blonde jokes ?

Eric: Condolences on your loss. 99 is a ripe old age, when you think about it, imagine all she lived through.

I've been looking at this layout plan for years. It has industries, and it has switching, and it has continuous running, and I like all the bridges ( I love bridges).
Nothing planned in my stable larger than an F unit or Geep and 36 -40 foot freight cars.
Might have a "shorty" 2-3 car old time passenger.

plan1 (Large).jpg

plan2 (Large).jpg

Sherrel: I would go with plan 2. It might actually work. What is the minimum curve radius? Minimum switch is probably a #4. Looks like a challenge worth taking.

One word of Caution, I chose a 5x10 plan out of one of the Kalmbach track plan books, figuring it would be perfect. It had main line continuous running, reverse loop, multiple elevations, industrial sidings, small yard, and a branch which could connect to an extension. I laid out the track, on the 5x10 board, using the recommended 22" and 24" radius curves, #4 switches, etc, and the curves on one side overhung the board by 18" (Using sectional track). Whoever drew up the track plan, miscalculated. I built out to 5x12 but still had all sorts of problems, so take your time plotting out the actual track.

Got the buss wires installed and linked to the tracks. Test ran a loco along all the tracks. Back boards are painted and waiting for a test fit.
I loaded the transport box into the truck yesterday and it was and easy fit.
Just have to ballast the tracks on the new module then do a test fit of the backboards.
I still have to cover the transport box with an attached tarp then fit a second one that I removeable along with a cargo net cover to keep the tarps from ballooning out while driving.
I should have a full test load of the modules into the transport box and box into the truck by next weekend. That will give me a week to fix anything that isn't right.

Eric...Sorry to hear about your Grandmother...99 Years...That's A Rich Long Life...

See...I'm at it again...If I did a little less Testing and Media Beauty Shots for the local News Paper...
Blue Stone Valley Gazette...I might actually get some Trains in Operation...I do enjoy images...

The 'Brown' Fluff on the deck is my likely ground cover to hide all sins...But it's not 100% set in stone
yet...I do have one other candidate for the ground cover on the way...More Testing...:D

The 'Concrete' that's being hauled off for a Stress Test doesn't look 1/2 bad...It should work just fine...

The 2 Peenie Little Forklifts are nice...But the CAT is a 'Little Monster'...LOL...I'm Happy with that one...

DSC00811.JPG

The stress test might be if the car can handle it. I have a couple of those 'CAT' models, Trucks & Stuff I think. be careful of the plastic handrails, mine were very brittle. Very nicely done model otherwise, better detailed than the Norscot similar ones. (who seem to have stopped producing any more lines, the last I saw of theirs were the smaller backhoe/front loaders.)

Eric - I'm sorry for your loss. Death is always hardest on the ones left behind, but our loved ones will live on in our hearts and memories until we see them again. Keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Jesse

Good late evening fellow Spike Drivers & Ballast Tampers,
Evening Francine, Flo, how about some Coffee and a bowl of chilie & cheese.

The weather was cool but nothing too uncomfortable. I sealed up a couple of Windows a bit better than they were as the nights have been rather cold and the window over my bed had a bit more draft falling on my head than I preferred.

This morning I contacted my cell phone provider and had the lady in tech support go over the APN settings which I had correct with the exception of an extra setting which I removed and the lady said she would reset my account and low and low and behold, my phone is connecting to the internet just great again! I watched several RR videos as well as downloading a mobile app for my bank. So this is quite enjoyable to be able to watch streaming videos.

I've been looking at this layout plan for years. It has industries, and it has switching, and it has continuous running, and I like all the bridges ( I love bridges).
Nothing planned in my stable larger than an F unit or Geep and 36 -40 foot freight cars.

View attachment 65066

View attachment 65067

Sherrel: I remember seeing that plan some years back, it's very interesting and I can see how it would be easy to put a wye in the center so whole trains could be made to reverse direction by adding two switches.

So, how soon are you going to start construction?

Hope all have a good evening and morning.

View attachment 65066

View attachment 65067

Sherrel: That plan has some extremely tight radiuses, I don't think it's possible to get everything to fit in as shown? The outside radius on the Left can't be any more than 18" meaning the inside line must be about 16". The minds eye when drawing out a plan can fit in more than we will work for most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back