Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

santafewillie

Same Ol' Buzzard
Terry must have stepped away, so I'll open the new place for him. Don't spill the eggnog!
Christmas.jpg
Willie

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning Folks. Merry Christmas Eve. 35° and cloudy in these parts. High expected to be in the upper 40's for today and tomorrow. Mid 20's tonight, back above freezing (barely) for the rest of the week. Spent the better part of the day yesterday at my sisters house with 35 or so other siblings/offspring/relatives for cocktails and our Christmas gift exchange. This is a departure from, our old tradition of gathering on Christmas day for a full blown sit-down dinner. It had become too unwieldy with nearly 50 people some years. I knew that it would happen eventually, sadly. I will miss being the one in charge of carving that 24 pound turkey every year, which was not even enough the last couple of gatherings.
Nothing in the train shed yesterday. I did receive an animated "Jesus Saves" sign made by Miller Engineering Given to me by my "O" scale Lionel brother. But in keeping with this month's theme of CRS, I did leave it at my sisters. I'll be returning to Dallas tomorrow for Christmas with my grandkids so I can pick it up then.

Garry - Good point regarding the eye protection. As a member of our Safety Team when I used to work, I should have remembered to point that out. Thanks for the construction progress pictures. By the way, I love the track caddy...I would copy it, but I no longer have a need for one.
Sherrel - Nothing like procrastination with the Christmas lights; December 23!!!:( Really!
Paul - Ditto what Garry posted regarding Medicare. That is not in the tax bill at all. It probably won't happen until after 2020 and would not affect anyone already on it. They do need to resolve the underfunding that successive Congresses have allowed over the years.
Joe - Try to get by Watertown's top tourist attraction, the "Burrville Cider Mill". Regarding the tax bill, you're right about waiting to spend the savings since you live in NJ. If you don't itemize, there will be a savings though.
Chet - Glad to note that it is you with the snow and not me. I know that you love it up there in Montana, but like I have repeatedly said, I never have to shovel heat from my driveway.
Eric - The strength and endurance will slowly return.

Everybody have a great Christmas Eve today, and a very Merry Christmas tomorrow. Remember the reason that we celebrate this holiday.

Willie
[h=1][/h]

VERY CHRISTMAS to the fine and gentle folks (unless roused of course) here on the finest forum, aka, "these hallowed pages"!

Rest well gentlemen and be merry as there is work to do this season!

Despite the best efforts of the worst among us spirits are rising, lifting all boats!

BLESSINGS and LOVE to ALL that you LOVE. Hope Santa is good to you!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Nice opening there, Willie! AND -- I got them up with a day to spare!

Starting the day at 34 degrees going up tp 75 they say. A few wisps of very high clouds, but no moisture predicted.

A few last minute things to do today. Like I said before - I have no idea where this month has gone ... much less the year.

I hope everyone has a very nice and Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas guys: 24 and mostly cloudy, with more snow coming. FWIW, the local firehouse, on Hwy.11, is the "North Pole Fire Co, #1. Wonder if the Chief is named Nick?

Willie: That establishment is on our list for next time. Lot of nice things around here. We will be returning home, on Boxing Day, unless we get showed in. Actually, I didn't realize I had a Canadian station on the truck radio, until I heard a commercial for the Boxing Day sales.

Hockey is done until Tuesday, so I have no distractions.

Good Afternoon All and a very Merry X-mas Eve....

Light snow and cold here in Wisconsin...a white Christmas.

The layout is ready for visitors and I hope all goes well. Two main line trains running and no switching. Two sound locomotives, an ALCO and a GP-9. Keep it simple.

Lots of food, drinks and some presents...have first time guests from Toronto, Canada...glad I have a "Visit Canada" bill board on the layout! No CP or CN rail to be found.

Get ready in 30 minutes, start the fireplace and mix a drink for myself.

That's all for now.

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm here. Just moving a little slow. Was minus 6 early this morning when out little doxie decided it was time to eat at 0430. Did warm up to 14 degrees so far.

Willie -
Great job opening up this morning. I don't shovel snow. Need heavier equipment up here. Don't even own a snow shovel.

Joe - Was there a sled parked at the fire station ????

Did follow the forum on the phone but as you know, I hate pecking away on the phone with TapTalk.

Didn't expect to see many people on with Christmas so close. Later my son and his wife are coming over for a prime rib dinner. Going ot record "Dunkirk" so we can watch when they arrive.

As cold as it is, I have been down in the train room running trains. God must have had weather like this in mind when he invented model railroading.

Justin - I used a product called Homabed for roadbed on my layout. Homasote pre cut to about the same contour as cork roadbed. East to use and holds spikes well. Also hold ballast exceptionally well.
homabed 1 001.jpg homabed 1 002.jpg

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all, as I don't think many of us will be on the forum with all of the Christmas festivities going on.

48490522.jpg

Merry Christmas to all. Keep cool everyone. 35 degrees forecast for today............"C" that is. :cool::rolleyes:

Good afternoon and a Very Merry Christmas Eve to all !

Hi Flo, Francine, Merry Christmas to you ladies too, you have Jeffrey Running Bears' Dinner trimmed up nicely, he'd like it I'm sure.

55 Mudge Ranch Station Report.
12:57 PM PST on December 24, 2017 (GMT -0800) | Updated a few seconds ago
57°F | 41°F
53°F - Feels like 53°F and completely Overcast;
Wind is form the WNW at .5 mph;
Humidity is at 54%;
Today is forecast to be nearly the same temperature as yesterday.

Terry must have stepped away, so I'll open the new place for him. Don't spill the eggnog!
View attachment 64267
Willie

Thanks for opening Willie, I like your comment about not having to shovel heat! LoL We just wish we could blow it away to cool things off!

Hmmmm..... Haven't heard from Chet today? With those negative temps he has - Maybe his feet are frozen to the driveway?

Sherrel: Your comment about poor Chet, feet frozen to the driveway like a permanent greeter. LoL I do pitty him having to deal with all that snow and cold. It's plenty cold enough for me here in Coarsegold, but generally I don't have to deal with snow.

I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas or whatever you celebrate and a prosperous New Year.

Say Curt: I hope you and your wife have a very good Christmas too!

I also hope Phil and his wife are doing well and have a good Christmas as well !

Enjoy the Season!

Merry Christmas to everybody

Busy week ahead. Tomorrow we go to Ohio. After that we go to Michigan . Another whirlwind trip.

I’ll check in here if I can.

Have a good week.

Merry Christmas to all.
I fell asleep earlier and someone was knocking on the door.
I was too tired to get up.
Probably one of my buddies because they didn't give up for a while.
E.

I'm here. Just moving a little slow. Was minus 6 early this morning when out little doxie decided it was time to eat at 0430. Did warm up to 14 degrees so far.

Willie -
Great job opening up this morning. I don't shovel snow. Need heavier equipment up here. Don't even own a snow shovel.

Joe - Was there a sled parked at the fire station ????

Did follow the forum on the phone but as you know, I hate pecking away on the phone with TapTalk.

Didn't expect to see many people on with Christmas so close. Later my son and his wife are coming over for a prime rib dinner. Going ot record "Dunkirk" so we can watch when they arrive.

As cold as it is, I have been down in the train room running trains. God must have had weather like this in mind when he invented model railroading.

Justin - I used a product called Homabed for roadbed on my layout. Homasote pre cut to about the same contour as cork roadbed. East to use and holds spikes well. Also hold ballast exceptionally well.
View attachment 64271 View attachment 64272

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all, as I don't think many of us will be on the forum with all of the Christmas festivities going on.

View attachment 64270
Merry Christmas Everybody!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back