Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
good morning all,

Sunny and 39 degrees to start the day, warming up to the 40s.

Justin- Great pictures....Keep em coming!

Have a great day all!

49° and sunny this morning.

KenMD: I can easily see your points about the pitfalls of contemporary modeling. I really don't picture myself modeling Conrail Shared Assets instead of PRR/PC and Reading, for many of the same reasons you cite plus other reasons. One can get away with this in some cases, like the "Utah Belt", but mostly, it won't work as well as the B&O or Chessie transition.

Morning Rail Benders!
49 degrees headed only to 59 today ... partly sunny ... the 40% chance of rain yesterday turned into zero and the 20% chance for today has zeroed out as well.

Nice photos, Justin!

Enjoy the weekend, Willie! Hope you get some pictures for us?

Morning everyone....

Ken: Sorry about your loss, just buried my brother-in -law on Dec 23 and my mother-in-law is in serious condition at 90. Losing a family member is always hard.

Maybe the train room today. Need to help organize and repack some more Holiday decor. It was my idea to use the same size boxes to store the decor instead of the many sizes the wife used and robbed storage space. We when to U-Haul and purchased a bunch of boxes medium and small.

Tomorrow morning trains for sure, then football.

Almost lunch time. Spent the morning on a two hour Windows 10 update patch.

That's all for now.

Take care everyone.

Greg

###########

Waiting for details on the final arrangements for my cousin.
In the mean time, pushing on with the modules.

0119182047.jpg

I laid track on the inner line this morning. I'll put the other track down in a little bit. Waiting on some guy to come out to the house to buy a motorcycle lift that I've been posting on Craigslist.

Went on a long walk today.
On the way back someone was blowing their horn at me.
Turned out being my old neighbor's aunt.
She was glad to see me alive. She's 80 something so I was glad to see her as well.
After a hug or 3 she wants to come see me. She seemed amazed I was alive.

Went on a long walk today.
On the way back someone was blowing their horn at me.
Turned out being my old neighbor's aunt.
She was glad to see me alive. She's 80 something so I was glad to see her as well.
After a hug or 3 she wants to come see me. She seemed amazed I was alive.

Usually when someone is blowing their horn at me while I'm out walking, its because I'm dragging a piece of toilet paper on the heal of my shoe.

Afternoon All,

Back from Tom's. A couple of others that I know showed up also and we all had a great time. My S-I-L is coming at 9 am to get me for his flooring job tomorrow. Hopefully my back and knees will survive.

VA Ken- Too funny.

Willie- Hope you had fun at the show and layouts.

CA Dave- Tech issues are very frustrating.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Ken D&J - So sorry to hear about your cousin. Very sad that she was taken so young. The module looks like it is coming along nicely. Will be looking for updates.

Eric - Nice to hear that you met an old friend.

Justin
- Those were some more really interesting photos. Thanks for the posting.

Our predicted 1 to 3 inches of snow turned out to be 8 to 10 inches. The newbies out here were having a rough time of it last night. Temps were above freezing during the day but after nightfall, the roads turned to ice and it looked like the newbies need an appointment to find a spot in the ditch. Got the snowblower out and cleared the driveway and I am pooped. May go down and run some trains or maybe crack a bottle of Pendleton adn watch some TV.

Later

Also ran into another old friend that works for parks and rec.
A new park was started when I left. I hung there this afternoon.

And just had a surveyor buddy stop by.
He straps up so we have a good visit.
He says my speech is getting worse.

I cut the back boards for the modules tonight and was all set to spray paint them, but the sprayer wouldn't work. If I remember correctly, the spray gun was having problems as I was finishing up with painting the walls to the basement before I started building the benchwork. Guess I'll have to pick up a roller and roll the paint on.

Painted the river bed and laid track down. Should be able to start applying ballast tomorrow or Monday.

0120182116.jpg

Good evening. It's clear and 50.
I've been busy since last evening dealing with some personal disasters. Nothing like some of y'all, for which you have my sympathies. Between an exploding toilet and a huge sheet of slushy snow that managed to dump directly on my laptop as I was walking in the house last night have made for interesting times.

Good evening. It's clear and 50.
I've been busy since last evening dealing with some personal disasters. Nothing like some of y'all, for which you have my sympathies. Between an exploding toilet and a huge sheet of slushy snow that managed to dump directly on my laptop as I was walking in the house last night have made for interesting times.

So.....were the two events related? Your laptops certainly have a unique way of keeping an insurance Actuary busy.

Good evening Track Workers,
Hi Flo, Francine, Nice your keeping Jeffreys' dinner nice and warm, it sure cold outside!

42° and 79% Humidity.

Afternoon All,

Back from Tom's. A couple of others that I know showed up also and we all had a great time. My S-I-L is coming at 9 am to get me for his flooring job tomorrow. Hopefully my back and knees will survive.

Willie- Hope you had fun at the show and layouts.

CA Dave- Tech issues are very frustrating.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Curt: Thanks for the thought, your very correct, technical issues are indeed frustrating!
Needles to say, I can access this site from the web, possibly because I have been it book marked? But YouTube won't load or other sites.
Once before I was able to set the phone up but I can't seem to locate the correct information I saved! Actually it seems the phone should have that info backed up somewhere. I guess I need to try and find it.

VA Ken- I'm also sorry for your loss and not replying sooner but using my Android to post with takes a bit learning.

Morning Rail Benders!
49 degrees headed only to 59 today ... partly sunny ... the 40% chance of rain yesterday turned into zero and the 20% chance for today has zeroed out as well.

Nice photos, Justin!

Enjoy the weekend, Willie! Hope you get some pictures for us?

Sherrel: Sorry to hear that your not getting the rain fall you want, it will come along shortly.

Justin: I also agree that you've been posting some very interesting photos!

I hope all have a good night and day tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back