Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All & Seasons Greetings...It Has Begun !!!...Either I'm Gett'in Older Than I Think Or Particle Board Is Gett'in Heavier...
Plus...In the past few hours every time I look at my diagram that Board keeps look'in smaller by the minute...Tight Fit ;)
Oh Well...It Is What It Is...And no matter what it'll be nice to have my Trains running again...It's been too long...

Wishing You All My Very Best This Holiday Season...:D:D:D

And My Hopes For All To Have A Happy, Safe & Healthy New Year !!!

Trig

Board.JPG...Now I got'a get it topped & dressed and I do still have a lot of testing to do...

Trig, you didn't buy a metric sized 8 x 4 by mistake (2400mm x 1200mm)? They're 1.5" shorter and .75" narrower.

Posted via Trig .....
Either I'm Gett'in Older Than I Think Or Particle Board Is Gett'in Heavier...

That looks 3/4 inch to me? I cannot anymore carry one of those!
I think they are making it heavier!

Good Afternoon everyone.

I'm in Watertown NY, where it's currently 26, and Snowing...I spent some time out. In the driveway, cleaning the glaze off my truck, and adding air to the tires. During that time, the weather changed from rain, to sleet, to snow. Back home it was raining and mild with dense fog.

Garry: Foote,came from the CN, and is a protege of Hunter Harrison, according to the WSJ, and Bloomberg News. Probably why the stock price recovered so quickly. Of course, no one manages the same way, so, stay tuned.

Concerning the tax legislation, I have never read so much disinformation, about legislation in my memory. Reality is, that now, that the bill is passed, and signed, it is up to the Treasury Department Bureaucrats to rewrite the code and implement the regulations. So...don't spend the savings just yet!

I honestly don't know how I'm going to make out with these changes, and probably won't until I do my 2018 taxes. However, I don't believe I'll benefit.

Everyone enjoy your Christmas .

Posted via Trig .....

That looks 3/4 inch to me? I cannot anymore carry one of those!
I think they are making it heavier!

Hello Sherrel...It is 3/4" of an inch but it's 2 x 3/8" sheets...I had bear with that...Not a chance I could have done it with a single sheet...
So later today I got'a tack the corners with a few drops of Elmer's...It'll work OK...Not perfect but by the time it's dressed out it should
look pretty good and be a nice surface to work with...Being the wrong time of years my helper vaporized on me...Out'a town till after the
New Year...So I just decided to figure out a way to do it myself...LOL...It took a little doing...20 years ago would'a taken me 10 mins. !!!

But at least now I can start on dressing it out...If I can get that finished and ready to go by the middle of January I'll be happy...Trig :D

Good afternoon. Started off at +9 and warmed up to +12 degrees so I had to go out and plow the driveway AGAIN. Fourth time this week. I think I am running out of room to push the snow and may have to get out the skid steer.

20171223_133727.jpg

Paul - Sit out on that little tractor for a couple of hours and you'll know what frigid is. With clear skies we are expected to be around ten below. laugh.gif

Eric
- Glad you finally got your heat back.

Garry
- Enjoy your photos. Looks like we are on the same track when it comes to layout construction.

Willie - You are so right about the people with four when drives being able to get further before getting stuck. I'll stay in two wheel drive until I feel uncomfortable and then use for wheel drive to go back the way I came. I can remember one anniversary that the wife and I were going to go out for a nice dinner in a snow storm. Got out to the county road, turned towards the highway and after going about 20 feet, back up and I got out and stomped around to make sure where our lane was and went back home. We had hot dogs that night.

Trig - Looks like you're ready to get your feet wet and get started.

Joe - Watertown can get some serious snow. Hope you don't get caught in any of the lake effect storms.

Think I'm going top get close to the stove and warm up.

Later

Trig: Particle board made from coarse sawdust and glue isn't all that strong. two 3/8's sheets clued together may work out ok if you have enough braces close enough under it. You would have been much better off with Plywood or even OSB board.

I've not had good luck using particle board in the past. If you have already glued it together, be sure to seal the surface and edges with Varnish, 'Non-Water Base, as it will soak up moisture very readly untreated.

Hope that helps.

Evening gents,
Nothing new going on here today.
The walk to the pharmacy about wore me out.

Trig: Particle board made from coarse sawdust and glue isn't all that strong. two 3/8's sheets clued together may work out ok if you have enough braces close enough under it. You would have been much better off with Plywood or even OSB board.

I've not had good luck using particle board in the past. If you have already glued it together, be sure to seal the surface and edges with Varnish, 'Non-Water Base, as it will soak up moisture very readly untreated.

Hope that helps.

Thanks David...The foundation is an Old 1950's era Oak Dining Room Table...Quite substantial and it is going to be 'Sealed' plus the overhang on the sides is minimal...
And no doubt it's not perfect but it should work...I'm just happy to have it in place and almost ready for it's top and finishing...

I've also readied a great new spot for my testing...A well lit 'Pass-Through between the Kitchen and the Train Room...Trig

Trig: Your welcome. The old table should give ample support alright. It' good that you'll be seal the particle board so it doesn't take on any extra moisture while doing scenery work.

David

Well I could not find anything on TV that neither wife nor I wanted to watch, so I caved and put on the GB/MN game tonight.
It is the first time this year that I have watched any of the pro football since they started the kneeling BS!

GB has not done well this year at all, but seriously, I have never seen so many pass interference's not called in my life.
GB couldn't get a call for anything! Bad officiating for sure.

Well I could not find anything on TV that neither wife nor I wanted to watch, so I caved and put on the GB/MN game tonight.
It is the first time this year that I have watched any of the pro football since they started the kneeling BS!

GB has not done well this year at all, but seriously, I have never seen so many pass interference's not called in my life.
One of my friends owns a piece of GB, I'm sure I'll get a report later...

Anyway, good morning, and happy Christmas Eve. It's cloudy-ish and 45.

I think the poor officiating was because it was so cold, they didn't want to take their hands outa their pockets to throw a flag. Heck, 5 degrees, I wouldn't want to sit outside for 4 hours to watch some flag protesters play ball.

I just talkin" about of my drowsiness.
Never mind me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back