Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy.

This site is blocked on the I-Mac this morning. Same message Karl reported last night.

I am using the I-Phone now. Therefore I will be brief.

I hope Bob has been informed Google is blocking this forum. Perhaps one of you should tell him to be sure

I am working on my next bridge, and made progress yesterday.

I won't be posting much until after the problem with Google idiots is corrected.

Garry, I got the warning a couple of times yesterday, but up on the right side you can bypass the warning and get on the forum.

Chrome was trying to block me. It was showing me a red screen telling me about this potentially "dangerous site" I was attempting to view. Also some crap about the site maybe trying to phish for personal information.
I was able to be rid of said dumb ass warning by going to settings -> location and set it to "always allow this site" (or something like that).
That was it.

Had a horrible day yesterday puking most all morning. Sent a message to Dad and he tried to get me in to see my local Dr. She said "just take him to the ER". She always says that. So I spent the afternoon in the ER all to get a shot of Zofran (which I have here) and a sack of saline IV. Oooeee. I finally just told them to let me go home - so they did and Dad came and got me. Never did puke after we left here anyway. She was nasty in any event.
E

Good Morning All. It's 11:30 already and 86° and mostly cloudy. My virus protection software wouldn't even let me on the forum this morning, after the messages (on the red screen) from Google yesterday. Hence the late post. I was able to bypass the Google message yesterday by clicking in the upper right corner as someone else posted, but not this morning with my anti-virus software.
In the train shed yesterday, I painted some more figures and the structure that has been languishing on the workbench for a while. Ran lots of switching assignments (to rotate cars) but didn't do any scenery, taking a break. Overhauled two Athearn "blue-box" engines because they came up on my overhaul rotation schedule. Disassembled, inspected and cleaned the trucks, gears, bearings and bearing contact points as I normally do. Repaired one handrail and checked out all of the couplers. Good to go for another six years.

Garry -
Dozens of people. Hundreds of buildings. Zillions of trees.....
You missed 100+ cows and horses! ;)
Chet - As you do, I have bought eight (at least) bulk packs of unpainted Preiser figures, not all painted yet, but I have started supplementing them with the pre-paints from both Walther's and Woodland Scenics. Seriously looking at some from China on EvilBay. Before I built the climate-controlled train shed, I spent many cold winter mornings at the dining room table painting them. Regarding adding the detail parts, it's like riding a bike, you never forget, you just have to get used to it again!
Greg - Must have been quite a reunion to have several hundred! I would hate to be the one picking up the bar tab if there was one!
Johnny - Ever notice that we don't heal as quickly as we did twenty years ago. Glad to hear that it's getting better.
Eric - Hope that you get to feeling better and remaining that way.

Everybody have a great day, it's time for lunch and a nap before I trek out to the train shed.

Willie

Good afternoon All,

Just got home from the book fair. Tomorrow we will be there until 7 pm. I can't wait.

ERIC- I hope you feel better. Your Dr. was just covering her back side telling you to go to the ER.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Good afternoon Everybody!

All is well here in southeast Baltimore.

Summer is hanging on, still 84 at 5:41PM

The Red Screen mentioned?

Howdy.

This site is blocked on the I-Mac this morning. Same message Karl reported last night.

I am using the I-Phone now. Therefore I will be brief.

I hope Bob has been informed Google is blocking this forum. Perhaps one of you should tell him to be sure

I am working on my next bridge, and made progress yesterday.

I won't be posting much until after the problem with Google idiots is corrected.

Garry and others: After reading a few of the posts about this Red Screen Warning, it rather sounds like a type of Virus or Malware someone is spreading around?

I definitely run a virus scan of your system and watch for other abnormalities!

I'm using Fire Fox and haven't noticed anything yet.

Sunny and 92°.
It sure is vastly different than the heavy fog that was here until mid-late morning.

I've been casually working on the Graham's Motorcycle Emporium project.
It's slow going - maybe cause I'm just going slow on it.
I have found that if I read the directions written (first and several times) then review the drawings and it makes a lot more sense to follow. I'm used to kits with part numbers and exploded diagrams with arrows indicating what goes where. Anything written for clarity is extra candy.
This one is the opposite it seems.
I don't know that I've built an mainly wood model before. This one has wood (mostly), plastic for windows and doors, paper for the tar paper roof, cast metal for roof vents and such, and some press-board pieces I think are flooring pieces.
Oh well.... something to do I reckon.
E

The Red Screen mentioned?

Garry and others: After reading a few of the posts about this Red Screen Warning, it rather sounds like a type of Virus or Malware someone is spreading around?

David, it's something the Google Chrome browser is doing TO us - instead of FOR us. Firefox and MS Edge - I imagine IE wouldn't do it either - don't do it TO me either.

David, it's something the Google Chrome browser is doing TO us - instead of FOR us. Firefox and MS Edge - I imagine IE wouldn't do it either - don't do it TO me either.

I wonder if BOB forgot to send in his monthly "protection" money...

Good evening.

Briefly using my iPhone to post .

I can not enter this site on the iMac which uses Safari because of the red screen problem. There is nothing to click on for me to get around it. I can't find anything in my settings to allow this site to open.

No other websites have this problem for me. I have not seen any of you say you have the same problem with other websites. (Just this one) Clearly, the problem is only with this site.

Has anyone informed Bob of this situation?

Willie: I did some calculations about the reunion and with 200 adults drinking 3 cans a beer apiece that's 600 cans (min). At $20/case for 30 cans/case that's approximately $600 w/o tax for beer alone. Add on the five different bottles of wine, food, tents, chairs and table rental....Wow! Expensive party.

Chet:The KATO Corrugated Business Car had KATO couplers on both ends, no glad hands. Maybe a tight fit for KD's. I purchase a A/B set of Steward Milwaukee Road F9 units at Trainfest maybe 15 years ago and just installed DCC in the A Unit and it runs great without cleaning the gear boxes or fine tuning. You'll enjoy the Steward unit you just obtained.

Finally, removed the shell form the KATO Business Car, but that's another story. %$#@!!!

Almost bed time.

Maybe much needed rain here tonight.

That's all for now.

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
Garry, I'm probably not a good source of info about the problem as my local {read rural] phone company has a very good virus/malware program and filters out most all that kind of junk. I'm using Fire Fox as a browser which may have something to do with my being protected so far. I hope it continues.

So far I haven't had any problem accessing this site but sympathize with yours and others problems. It seems to me that someone at Google must be responsible as you can connect to other sites with no problem and probably others experiencing problems connecting to this site are able to connect to other sites as well?

I hope it clears for you and others!

Oh cool, anyone notice that David (in CA) post is "#0" instead of #599.
In checking back all his posts are #0.
What's up that?
I have an idea - share in private is someone wishes to hear my theory.
E

Good evening.

Briefly using my iPhone to post .

I can not enter this site on the iMac which uses Safari because of the red screen problem. There is nothing to click on for me to get around it. I can't find anything in my settings to allow this site to open.

No other websites have this problem for me. I have not seen any of you say you have the same problem with other websites. (Just this one) Clearly, the problem is only with this site.

Has anyone informed Bob of this situation?

Scroll down further, I dont recall the exact words, its like options, BUT there is a way past to the "unsafe" site.

Let me pull out my Macbook, and I'll see how to bypass Safari's warning.

Typing this on my Macbook with the latest version of Safari. No problems, no warnings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning All. A pleasant 78° (yea right!) and mostly cloudy; only reached 98° yesterday. Well at least the pool has warmed up to 83°. In my ongoing efforts to catch back up with overlooked and postponed yardwork for the last fifteen years, I mowed some parts of the neglected yard that haven't seen the tractor since the early 2000's. Nothing major, maybe 500 sq.ft. located about 200' from the house. Sent rabbits, rodents and reptiles scurrying for cover. Needless to say, the pool looked too appetizing for me to try any additional area! That and a cold adult beverage. No grocery/beer trek this week, as I purchased enough supplies in the last two weeks to be able to skip a week.
Out in the train shed, I continued to paint some Preiser figures that were already half completed. One of the issues with their unpainted figure kits, is that there are not only some duplications (easy to deal with by using different colors), but some of the figures just don't belong in rural American flatlands. I need more figures with jeans and tee shirts and a lot less of the European style policemen and mountain climbers. Too many men with hats also. The hats are easy enough to carve off, but it takes about thirty "very careful" minutes of carving to fix some of these other folks. Here's an example (poor picture though) of one that I did yesterday.
09-20-17 002.JPG
The one on the right is the before and the left is after. As you can see, I still have an additional sprue of these guys and I have already painted one sprue "as is". Don't have a good picture of the back. I carved off equipment, pouches, straps (on back), hat, those crazy side bulges in the pants (never knew what they were anyway), jacket and sanded the arms to look like short sleeves. All without inflicting any damage to my digits with the fresh razor blade and Exacto's #11 & #17, phew! Rant over.

Justin - If I was you, I would replace all non-Kadee couplers with Kadee products as soon as funds are available. You will have less issues. I only used a few Bachmann EZ Mates for trials and threw them away soon after. As Karl posted, the Kadee underset #147 is probably what you need. Check the height on the hoppers first though to be sure that they aren't too high.
Terry -
I wonder if BOB forgot to send in his monthly "protection" money...
You're probably correct, although AVG posted that it removed some malware as well. I got either the Google warning or the AVG warning all morning before I was able to actually log on just before noon. I use Firefox and my ISP intercepts most spam and malware. Re: this morning's log-on, the problem seemed to disappear for everyone late yesterday morning.
Toot -
I got an email from that P/bucket today, asking me to update, should I report that as phishing as well?
No that's ransomware.

Everybody have a great day.

Willie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back