Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, they don't make em like they yousta. I'm layin low...shingles won't go away and will force me to the VA, fingers and toes crossed they don't cut off my legs by mistake!

Scooter is a non-starter on getting fixed, my mechanic got a RAW deal...Many years ago his wife of at that time 12 years decided she would rather smoke crack than be part of a family so she split and left him with three kids and she NEVER paid a DIME in child support. She cleaned up and he moved to Florida and HE PAID child support until he got laid off...you know the rest, get behind and out goes a warrant...well they popped him last week and I went and rescued his truck so they would not impound it, the cops were VERY understanding and let me take the truck, but had to do their jobs and cuffed him and stuffed him. I ain't heard a word since.

Attachments

• 21034340_1839367792755228_8870727202496025874_n.jpg
    21034340_1839367792755228_8870727202496025874_n.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 200
Got home from work this afternoon and all my stuff was still in my house. Apparently the people who wanted to evict me checked their data and went elsewhere.

I had a lot of issues with this forum and MS Edge so I switched to Firefox and have been happy with it.
Chet...Kurt....I got ya, I'll head on over there.......

Thought I'd share this with the men who still have to answer to the boss...
Exhibit Guy... I don't have a war department anymore, but I like it!

Now who do you think actually tells their wife they were in the hobby shop in the first place ?
DO NOT under estimate their powers to know!

Got home from work this afternoon and all my stuff was still in my house. Apparently the people who wanted to evict me checked their data and went elsewhere.
Ken...that is good news. Maybe they decided to leave the guy alone that is working for a living and trying to make an honest go of things, and go after the dead beat that rides and abuses the system for all its worth? NAHH! well, it was just a thought........

Hey Boogietrain7, isn't Whiteland just outside Franklin? I lived in Franklin during 6 th and 7th grade - 1971 and 72. We Gordon Johncock was our next door neighbor.
E

Good news! I just weighed myself at 126 pounds!!! That's more than pre-cancer days over a year ago!!! It's hard to gain weight when your on a liquid diet through of feeding tube for over a year.
But yay!!
E

Has anybody but me ever seen the movie "Flashpoint?"

Thanks for mentioning it Terry (I hope) I looked it up on the Xfinity and I found it on demand through HBO. It sounds interesting and I have it on right now. I usually enjoy movies with that guy Rip Torn. I don't know if I will recognize him being so young.

I could count on both hands the number of movies I had seen before my health failed. The only thing I ever kept up with was baseball and other sports, thanks to the newspapers and radio. Since then I have seen many more movies, mostly westerns, but there are lots of others to catch up on.

Now that I am back to work and I have learned to pace myself I have time for movies, TV and life in general.

Winter is coming.

Good news! I just weighed myself at 126 pounds!!! That's more than pre-cancer days over a year ago!!! It's hard to gain weight when your on a liquid diet through of feeding tube for over a year.
But yay!!
E

E that is not the first thing you have done that as up hill and knowing you it surly won't be the last.

That is great news, thanks for sharing!!!

Terry ! .... Now who do you think actually tells their wife they were in the hobby shop in the first place ?

LOL

I am a lucky man, the most expensive trains I own have either been bought by my wife for me or she insisted I buy them. I'm not trying to make anybody feel bad, but I do enjoy telling everyone how blessed I am to have my Angel.

Speaking of my Angel Face, I need some prayers from those with faith in that. My Wife's Mom is in the hospital and it appears she won't recover. Mamma was diagnosed with a bad heart over 20 years ago. I don't know the name of the heart condition she has, but her heart doctor told my wife "It's amazing she has lived this long"

Just one year ago she was same ol' Mamma; cooking cleaning and bossing everybody, except me, she always treated me special, God Bless her.

The last few months she has slowly declined. She has fallen asleep and they don't expect her to wake up. They can no longer give her an IV because her veins have collapsed.

Our faith gives us comfort, knowing God is with Mamma.

The prayers I am asking for are for Mamma's family; my wife, her sister and the grandchildren. Please pray for them to have the strength to get through this. Mamma was the foundation of this family and she will be dearly missed.

For those who don't pray, please do like I know my friend Beady will do; send positive thoughts our way.

God Bless us Everyone.

May your family gain support and strength from knowing that there are those here thinking about them at this sad time too, Louis.

Good morning y'all. 63° and clear.
Woke up this morning in an incredible amount of leg pain. Now what?

Louis:
I will remember your MIL and family in my prayers.

It's the last day of August 2017. Where did the year go?

Good Morning Gang. 68° and clear skies here this morning. Whoa! Weather Underground has introduced a new look today and I had to go looking for the 10-day forecast. Don't need them for current conditions at the SFW (santefewillie) estate as I have a weather station, but they are good for the forecast, radar, history etc. It's finally going to get back above 90° tomorrow or Saturday, for a few days, I need that to happen to warm the pool back up a bit. It has been around 81° for a week now, cool but tolerable...especially after climbing off the tractor and opening a beer to take with me. The cooler weather has also led to more outdoor chores, cutting firewood, general yard maintenance and mowing. The hurricane has caused our winds to come from the NE (always cooler) for almost a week now. Been sleeping with the windows open which has been very pleasant until this morning. I was already up when a skunk decided to activate its scent glands at the neighbors dog. Even though it happened about 500 yards away, the scent did waft down to us. Woke my wife up before I was able to get to the bedroom to shut those windows.
Out in the train shed, I completed the fence that I have been working on for a few days. I still need to add some bracing in the corners and tone down the shiny wire, the bracing is for looks only.
08-31-17 005.jpg
I installed about a scale 280', threading those three wires through 30 posts total. Eyes are still crossed! I'll be adding a bit more scenery material now that the fence is in place. Cows will still have to pay attention and not step off the layout edge, but at least they won't have to worry about walking in front of trains.

Beady - There's still not a lot of folks at the evacuation center in Dallas YET. They have set up thousands of cots in the underground parking garage, Walmart has set up a temporary pharmacy, the local hospitals have set up a triage center, and certain designated schools are ready to take in displaced students. A few planeloads have arrived from Galveston and there are 250 buses waiting for the Interstate to open so they can evacuate additional people. Many thanks to your son for volunteering.
Bruce - Sorry to hear that the shingles are still bothering you. Wow! Too bad about your mechanic friend. Hope all works out for him.
Randy - Had to chuckle about the hobby shop sign. Fortunately my wife never saw or questioned my purchases. After all, I was the only one drawing a paycheck for many years. She did however bitch when I dropped $15K to build a train shed in the yard! So I have been remodeling the house ever since...spent more than twice that now!
Ken (D&J) - That's comforting news!
Eric - Really good news regarding the weight. Most of us are trying (in vain) to lose. I know that you really can't wait to get the damn tube out so you can enjoy real food. Can't happen too soon.
Louis - Very sorry to hear about your MIL. My prayers are with the family. Isn't she back in Hungary? Reminds me that in this area, the folks of Mexican heritage have a saying that "the Lord has to take an existing one out to make room for a new one".

Well everyone have an awesome day. We'll be making the three plus hour grocery/beer venture this morning. Have to include a trip by the credit union because we forgot to include my wife's name on a CD that we purchased last week. We probably told them, but they may have screwed up the paperwork and are just covering their a$$es.

Willie

Howdy ..

Louis ... I hope your realize I was only kidding Terry about his joke. Glad you are a "lucky man", of course. .... Certainly will pray for Mamma and your family. I can understand what your family is going through. My Mom passed away 15 months ago.

Joe ... I hope that pain is not something serious.

Willie ... The fence looks great.

The rains have arrived. The remnants of Harvey are moving towards us. Weather guessers say we might get 5 to 8 inches of rain though tomorrow night. Most will be tonight.

I still have plans to leave for Michigan in the morning, but will adjust for bad weather if necessary. Shelley is already with family in MI with family there. I will join them. My birthday is Sunday, and our anniversary is Tuesday. Our daughter in law in Cincinnati has a birthday on Thursday, and we may go through Cincinnati on our way home. ..... Anyhow, it is a road trip, and I won't have much computer time for a week or so. .

Today, I take my truck to the repair shop where they will repair the damaged fender while I am out of town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back