Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXV

Chet, there are a couple of things to do with your new Alco when you get it in a dcc environment.
First, set cv54 to 0, then hit the bell button (f1). That will tune the motor to the decoder.
Then set cv6 to 0, so it has a linear speed.
Then set cv 3 and cv4 to 125, it will start and stop more smoothly.

Would you recommend these settings for all new Loksound decoders, both factory fitted or retrofitted?

I could consider another RS-1 after I see how well the one I ordered works out, but not the switcher. I just got an Atlas S-2 recently.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I can tell, that door to door salemen don't have any luck with you, Chet :(

You have that right Toot. The ONLY reason I got the RS-1 is to run at the club.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Toot - That's exactly the locomotive I bought last night for $245.00 Just don't know the difference between Atlas Classic which I have a herd of and the Atlas Gold.

Toot - That's exactly the locomotive I bought last night for $245.00 Just don't know the difference between Atlas Classic which I have a herd of and the Atlas Gold.

Atlas Classic is the basic, old, retooled engine, DCC ready.
Atlas Gold has DCC and sound. Gold versions can have ESU or QSI sound decoders. Almost all ESU sound decoders work and sound great, almost all QSI sound decoders work great and sound like blech. The exception to the blech is the new Titan with the updated sound profiles.

Atlas Classic is the basic, old, retooled engine, DCC ready.
Atlas Gold has DCC and sound. Gold versions can have ESU or QSI sound decoders. Almost all ESU sound decoders work and sound great, almost all QSI sound decoders work great and sound like blech. The exception to the blech is the new Titan with the updated sound profiles.

Why would you want to cover your sound decoder with a piece of stovetop metal?

Good Morning Gang. A warm one at 78° and mostly cloudy today. Forecast is for 99° today after 95° yesterday. Had to irrigate the garden and top off the water in the pool. Pool temperature has risen to 87° due to the cloudy nights.
Out in the train shed, I started detailing the interior of the "Four-Fingered Tony's" retail store. Haven't started on the interior of the warehouse. Might have a picture or two by Sunday...depends on the current "honey-do" list.

Dave - Good to hear that the soreness was short-lived. It is the price that we pay though!
Ken (D&J) - That is one aggressive motorcycle trip that you have planned. Do you have a trailer to haul the supplies? Be safe and watch out for distracted drivers (i.e. texters). San Diego to Jacksonville at least is the same road most of the way, IH10. If that's the route that you are taking, I do recommend taking the IH12 bypass instead of going through New Orleans...you may already know this. That is the warm route (IH10) though! 50 hours is not all that impossible as a good portion of the route through Texas has an 80 mph speed limit. Oh! That's a nice coal drag as well.
Garry - Wow! The trestle is coming along nicely. Can't wait to see the completed project.
Eric - Did you see the post that I made yesterday regarding the Walther's instructions?
Sherrel - ?!?!?!?!

Everybody have a great day, stay cool.

Willie

WIllie, Chet, and Curt .... Thanks for commenting on the bridge project photos. I hope to find time to continue work on it later today.

WIllie, Chet, and Curt .... Thanks for commenting on the bridge project photos. I hope to find time to continue work on it later today.

Garry: As with Curt's photos, Photobucket clashes with my ad blocker, and will no longer allow me to view your uploads. Until I find a solution, I'm in the dark. :confused:

Back