Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXIV

Good Morning All. 63° and overcast today. Supposed to be much cooler today with a high of only 77°. Trace of rain overnight, we really needed a lot more. The severe storm activity is generally staying north of me and heading to Johnny's world! He'll need that Raincoat! Got the pool filled and the filter running yesterday. Of course with the black cover removed, fresh cool water added and the overcast day, the temperature dropped from 76° to 74°. I expect 78°, which I can reasonably tolerate, by Friday. It will take that long for all of the chemicals to get right anyway. That is about a week later than usual. One of my neighbors brought a tractor/box blade down from his in-laws in OK and I was able to talk him into grading part of my driveway yesterday; for some beer to be named later!
Another slow day in the train shed. Spent too much time outside...LOL It was nice though, I didn't even have to turn on the AC. Continued painting details and added most of the doors to "Four Fingered Tony's". Hopefully today I get the roof to at least one of the structures done. I am behind on gardening activities though, with the remaining onion harvest still to be done, and I have to tuck all of the tomato vines inside of their cages or I have a wild mess!

Johnny - Stay safe and dry. It does sound like you already know the drill, especially after living in this neck of the woods in Coppell. Sounds like you had the beginnings of a tornado overhead that never hit the ground. Been there, done that, have the scars!
Garry - Another great picture of the NCL leaving the station. That trackwork must have taken some time to do.
Bruce - Sounds like quite a good haul. What did your wife get in return for letting you bring it home??? LOL My wife just goes out and buys new shoes!
Sherrel - That's quite the plan. Hopefully it all comes together without a hitch. My thoughts and prayers will be with you the whole time. Hopefully all of the other docs will be keeping an eye on one another.
Louis - Great to hear that everything is currently going well for you. You seemed to have hit the right activity level for now. Soon it will increase.

Have a great day and weekend everyone.

Willie

Good morning everybody ..

Louis ... Wow ! You certainly are complementary. If you do wish to vacation in this region here are some places you may be interested in seeing or doing.

https://www.sluggermuseum.com
http://www.kydinnertrain.com
http://www.kyrail.org

Also, we are located at Land Between the Lakes which is a favorite vacation spot for some people ....

https://www.landbetweenthelakes.us

Mammoth Cave is worth visiting, too.

https://www.nps.gov/maca/index.htm

-------------
Curt, Joe, Willie and others .... Thanks for the comments about my Union Station scene.

Last edited by a moderator:
18519676_1350746614980358_1521608754835680333_n.jpg

Louis: That's so clean and new, it's scandalous!

Lest we forget, today is 1. Armed Forces Day and 2. Preakness Day. Now, if Gausman can deliver...

Only in the 60s today, with some rain forecast. Back to cold, damp, dark Jersey weather.

santafe- I use what I buy in service to SWMBO so it's all good.

No politics here and that's good, if you want to hear a choir sing in harmony check out RSNB chat on you tube. Patriots will like it, others, not so much, but WHO cares what they like if they DON'T like this country! Be SWEET and Love to all that you love...Station North...OUTIE!

Neither the right nor the left has a monopoly on Patriotism. Political debate is a fundamental aspect of being American.

Question anybody using patriotism to sell you an idea; it's probably something you would not buy otherwise.

Good Morning - It decided to get warm - strike that - HOT! 93 yesterday and the same today with severe clear.

Went to Cosco yesterday - came home with a couple boxes to fill the freezer again as it was "bone dry".
Baseball on tap today with the grandson - He loves baseball! Man do I wish I had some of my youth back so I could workout with him. DRAT!

Last edited by a moderator:
Only when the locomotive was new.The PC models I have weren't that clean and shiny when I got them...

Terry: When the brand new GP38s for use on the Delmarva arrived at Wilmington, they already had a coat of slime, from working East from EMD at LaGrange to Elkhart, to Collinwood, to Conway to Enola to Harrington DE to Wilmington. Nothing was that clean on the PC. Maybe at ALCo.

Ok guys, I think I've got a table/deck plan/shape figured out. I'll post a pic of it when I get drawn up a little more in detail.
After a week and being down and out I am prettty much back in the game - at least I will be for the night and hopefully tomorrow and a fwe days to come.
E.

Where'd everyone go?
i haven't been on all week and now chime in and all I hear is crickets and smell stale coffee from Fllo's.
What's up with that?

Been busy E. Getting ready to head over to Livingston to the model railroad club.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Where'd everyone go?
i haven't been on all week and now chime in and all I hear is crickets and smell stale coffee from Fllo's.
What's up with that?
I've been working on my truck, working on the trailer, dealing with a migraine, and having to take SWMBO to Sam's Club.

Back