Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXIV

White Man Speak With Forked Tongue?
I thought you were finished with buying anything MTH or BLI?
Fess UP!

Good afternoon, 69 and rain. Some pretty nasty hail and tornados yesterday, none in our neighborhood, though.

Ok guys, I'm officially stuck on this model of one of my cement works from Faller.
There is two tall bins that I can't figure out how to hook up the bracing and mount them to the building.
I suppose I'll put this one aside for one day when one of you way-ward straglers might swing by to hep me frigure it out.
E

Eric, what about a picture, maybe we can be of some assistance...

Have a nice afternoon all,

Good morning everyone. 67 and sunny here in SW MO, heading for 85 today - then 2 days of rain, then 2 days of sun, then 2 days - - oh, never mind! A big cup of coffee, please, Flo.

A question for you - MBKlein has Imex pre-built structures for 20% off. I don't think I've bought any Imex products yet. If you have, what's your opinion of 'em?

Again, not much news from the trainroom - still being kind to my back, although it seems 98%+ in good shape. Did some TO wiring for remote control, worked on the mountainside. With 2 days of rain coming I expect to make some real progress on the layout.

Willie - we often get the North Texas weather a day or so after it hits you. I was watching weather last night and see you have some heavy stuff heading your way today(?). Stay safe.

See ya later. Have a good day everyone.

Sorry - I meant MBKlein has Imex pre-built structures for 10% off, not 20%.

They're okay. A little light weathering, and they look pretty good. Obviously, they're kind of generic, but more than good enough for most uses.

Good Morning. 76°, muggy and overcast. Chance of thunderstorms around 7:00pm. Getting psyched up for the grocery/beer trek this morning, it will be a lengthy one, including stops at the vitamin store, Sam's Club, Braum's, a haircut for me, and then probably stop somewhere for lunch since my wife is going along. Hoping to be able to remove the pool cover after my nap this afternoon, so we can start using it. Water temperature is up to 78°.
Not a lot in the train shed yesterday since I spent some time processing vegetables from the garden. I did continue slowly on my structures and installed all of the windows and trim.
Speaking of pricing on Amazon, there can be a great difference depending on how and where you access them from. Example: I can price something from my desktop computer using my very rural (but good) ISP, and get a cheaper price than my wife can when she goes down the road out of range of our wifi, and uses her 4G iPhone! The price to my daughter in suburban Dallas is generally even higher! We have tried this a few times to confirm our suspicions.

Chet - I know that it isn't the worst of even the latest, but stay safe if you venture out in the weather. Especially since you have already removed the winter tires!
Eric - Pictures?
Johnny - While there's nothing on the radar as of now, any storms that hit at the time that is in the current forecast (7:00pm), are the deadly ones, that produce damaging hail and tornados. But the winds have to be coming out of the SW, and they are currently predicting just normal Southerly winds but heavy rain. We'll see. The "safe room" is ready though! The forecasters have been hitting about 20% accuracy regarding severe weather so far this year.

Everybody have a great day.

Willie

Good morning ...... We were in nashville yesterday rising my wife's family.

Toot ... That is an impressive video. Hump yard is remarkable. I recall a guy near Chicago made a working HO hump yard in the 1960's. He had retarders made with tubs of compress air to slow the cars as they went downhill.

Cheers, everybody.

Good morning ...... We were in nashville yesterday rising my wife's family.

Toot ... That is an impressive video. Hump yard is remarkable. I recall a guy near Chicago made a working HO hump yard in the 1960's. He had retarders made with tubs of compress air to slow the cars as they went downhill.

Cheers, everybody.

Them NEM couplers don't need no retarding, they're tough :eek:

Happy 80th Birthday to "the human vacuum cleaner", Brooks Robinson, the greatest 3rd basemen ever!
Brooks had so many great plays that created so many great memories, but his pinch-hit HR in 1977 to win the game was my favorite. “the kid had 1 more home run in his bat” Brooks was the best clutch hitter I ever saw, even at 40 years old. Off the field, he was just as great. I worked as a doorman for the old hit and run club in Memorial Stadium in 1980. Brooks was a broadcaster and he would come in the main gate, right in front of my station at the hit and run club. The kids were waiting there to get autographs. When Brooks was running late he would always tell them “I will be back” he never once failed to come back and sign autographs. If you had ever been to Memorial stadium you know what a long trek it was up those ramps from the ground floor to the upper deck where the press box was. Brooks was not only one of baseball greatest players, he was and still is one of the greatest men ever.

18486094_1645962842098166_2859734496704247291_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning. 36 degrees and heavy overcast. The snow has stopped. Hard to know exactly how much fell as the temps never got below freezing and a lot melted as it hit the ground. The trees all came through without any damage. Here's a photo I took around 6 PM last night. It was still coming down pretty good when we called it a night at 9 PM.

IMAG1162.jpg 82 last Friday when I was grilling for the grand kids.

Toot - Quite an interesting video. Enjoyed it.

Garry - Enjoy Nashville.

Terry - I only have one Imex structure, the Woolworth's store. It was too deep for the city block so I had to run it through the table saw to get it to fit into the layout. Not the best, but very usable. Perfect fit for the transition era.

IMAG0888.jpg

Gotta run, Later.

Willie - it may have been tonight or tomorrow that the weather forecast for your area included severe stuff. it won't hit us until late tonight or tomorrow morning, and again tomorrow night into Saturday.

Morning -- Temps heading higher today. Should be about 80 and clearing. The past three days were very cool for this time of year around here with highs only reaching low 60's and heavy overcast, but no moisture falling. Judging by those clouds - someone east of here should get some pretty good precipitation.

Garry - I failed to comment on your comment. Those colors and design stink (in my opinion) on those comutter cars. I don't know who it is that thinks they have to "modernize" all the paint on locos and airliners. The paint work on the airlines today sucks, as well as the service!
BTW - your scrapyard photo is just great. Come to think of it, I have not seen a bad shot from you .. period!

TOOT - You been putting up some great films - some of them a little long, but great anyway.

Happy 80th Birthday to "the human vacuum cleaner", Brooks Robinson, the greatest 3rd basemen ever!
Brooks had so many great plays that created so many great memories, but his pinch-hit HR in 1977 to win the game was my favorite. “the kid had 1 more home run in his bat” Brooks was the best clutch hitter I ever saw, even at 40 years old. Off the field, he was just as great. I worked as a doorman for the old hit and run club in Memorial Stadium in 1980. Brooks was a broadcaster and he would come in the main gate, right in front of my station at the hit and run club. The kids were waiting there to get autographs. When Brooks was running late he would always tell them “I will be back” he never once failed to come back and sign autographs. If you had ever been to Memorial stadium you know what a long trek it was up those ramps from the ground floor to the upper deck where the press box was. Brooks was not only one of baseball greatest players, he was and still is one of the greatest men ever.

18486094_1645962842098166_2859734496704247291_n.jpg

Where did the time go? It was just yesterday, wasn't it?

Back