Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXIV

Here is what I have thus far:
tablelayout.jpg

Good morning, 40° and sunny, going to 65°.

It was so dry, the trees were following the dogs...:)

That's dry :rolleyes:.

O's and Smashville won last night, the Nat's didn't, losing to a suddenly hot Atlanta .

Eric: Good start. Dog bone plan?

I'm told I have such a dry sense of humor, I should serve a glass of water with each joke.

Tell yer wat, a glass of water would definitely be better than what one of the cows at the end of that video I just posted was drinking.

Good Morning Gang. A pleasant 57° and partly cloudy. Never got above 76° yesterday, and we're looking at highs below 80° for the next four days. Still looking for some rain! Went to town yesterday to pick up a new room A/C to replace our 24 year old one in the living room. It still worked, but was getting noisy and is less than efficient. New one is 18,000 BTU so it should cool most of the house. I'll get the prep work for installation done this afternoon or tomorrow and then invite the 45 YO neighbor down for beer and assistance getting it in the window. It does weigh 130 lbs., which I can move horizontally but not vertically.
Out in the train shed, I semi-completed one of the two structures that comprise "Four Fingered Tony's Wholesale Meat". It lacks signage and details right now, but it is another small step for mankind! I may have posted that there are 28 boxes that came with this kit that have to be cut out and assembled, I think that I have completed seven! I have only begun to paint the white metal castings, three of which are outdoor vegetable bins.

Louis - Those Pennsy photos are certainly an anomaly. Reminds me that I never saw a clean Southern Pacific unit while they still operated around here. Other major RR's from the 60's-80's like MKT and ATSF always had clean locos. Did see a lot of clean BN initially after the merger. MP and KCS were somewhere in between clean and dirty.
Eric -
Where'd everyone go?
i haven't been on all week and now chime in and all I hear is crickets and smell stale coffee from Fllo's.
What's up with that?
It does seem to get this way on Saturday night for some reason.
I like the table plan that you posted. You can get some good extended running out of that, as well as plenty of room for some switching and scenery. Now if you could just move a mountain!
Terry - You joked about the "dry heat", but there really is something to it. Still hot, but bearable. I just read your dry humor remark...I like it! I guess that one needs that to exist with the NC mail service.

Everybody have a great day, I think that I'll stroll through the garden before going to Mass.

Willie

Morning Gents,
I'm in need of a color printer and scanner combo.
Anyone have any thoughts off the top of their heads?
E.

Good morning fellers. I see it's about the time to move on to a new spot. Been away for a while. A lot of changes going on at my work. Go over the budget and everything changes. No C&O today. At least not yet. Y'all have a wonderful day.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Really Good Morning here - almost time for a second cup of coffee, Flo ... where's Flo this morning?
TERRY - Got to admit -- That was a funny! If you don't have a patent on it, I can get some good milage from it when it really heats up around here.
You are correct about the dry heat -- Humidity was 9% at the game time and the Temp was 98* so yeah, the trees were following the dogs - LOL

ERIC - I generally buy stuff like that from that auction site (look for free shipping). My laser color printer is a Brother (3070 I think) $209 -it's great.
My scanner came from an electronics store in NYC - $59 free shipping. I'm not really "hip" on electronic stuff anymore - just cheap.

Willie, Good Mass for you and please be careful with the A/C. We don't want to hear of a sprained back. It's criminal ... I used to carry RR ties and 96 pound cement sacks all over the place -- now 25 lbs is a strain!

JOE - See what you started - LOL

Morning Gents,
I'm in need of a color printer and scanner combo.
Anyone have any thoughts off the top of their heads?
E.
I bought mine, an Epson, at Staples for $40. Its a printer-scanner combo, no fax. Got anybody there who can go shopping for you?

My freebie Samsung Gear VR headset showed up yesterday (Saturday), and I literally got lost inside it for several hours. When I first put it on, I was literally awestruck; I was standing inside Roman Emporer Hadrian's Temple of Venus and Rome right after it was built. I couldn't walk around, but I could look everywhere in all three dimensions. Then I took a ride around the solar system and, later, rode a tram through a dinosaur preserve.

The literature for the headset is heavy with health and safety warnings. Vertigo is the least of the possible problems, and anyone prone to motion sickness should think twice about getting one of these. While using it, you are completely blind, but not deaf or paralyzed, in the real world. Visually, you are completely inside the virtual world and the temptation to physically react to what you see is sometimes strong. I found myself knocking things off my chair-side tray and accidently kicking one of our cats as I twisted around to see things.

Eric, I haven't forgotten you, but my mother threw me a curveball. She's still in the rehab facility after breaking her leg, and has been healing and recovering too well. She still has the cast on her leg and it's not scheduled to come off for another two weeks. The problem is that the rehab folks think she's advanced as far as she can until the cast comes off, and insurance rules require that she be discharged if she doesn't show steady progress. We've managed to get her doctor's appointment moved up to this next Wednesday and, if he says the cast comes off, she stays and the rehab continues for however long. If the cast doesn't come off, she gets sent home and the family has to figure out on our own what to do about PT.

This signature is intended to irritate people.

I bought mine, an Epson, at Staples for $40. Its a printer-scanner combo, no fax. Got anybody there who can go shopping for you?

No, not really. But since I'm in basically "free reign" and not assisted care per se I can come and go as I please. I can get my brother or Dad or Mom to haul me around if need be.
E.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back