Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
What it comes down to is do I want it? Yes ......... Do I need it ? No

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

To all the gang here on the Forums, I hope everyone had a Blessed Easter Day. I spent the day visiting my Mom,and well,we didn't make it to church:(,but still it was good to be with her today. Happy Easter all,and Thanks be to God for his son who gave his life to free all from sin. He is RISEN. William.

To all the gang here on the Forums, I hope everyone had a Blessed Easter Day. I spent the day visiting my Mom,and well,we didn't make it to church:(,but still it was good to be with her today. Happy Easter all,and Thanks be to God for his son who gave his life to free all from sin. He is RISEN. William.

I'm glad you had a good Easter, and enjoyed your visit with your mother. And I really do thank you for the blessing, aka good wishes.

However, if you can witness for your religion, does that mean I am free to witness for what passes as my own? Or is that a privilege/right reserved for Christians?

This signature is intended to irritate people.

Eric - Great to see you back into the modeling mode. Bridge looks good. Looks like a few spare parts! Where exactly are you staying at...nursing home or did you get a place of your own yet? That would make a difference in the advice regarding a layout. If you're going to be moving anytime soon, I would go with 2' x whatever modules that can be disassembled and moved. I'm with Chet on the old one. Just salvage what can be easily moved, depends too on whether you are doing the work or someone else is.

Willie, this place is called Mason Point - formerly Illinois Masonic Home. It's just east of Sullivan, IL on the highway so it shows up real good on Google earth if you are curious.
It is a mix of full nursing care, assisted living and independent living (like me). I have my own place which I pay rent on just like an apartmnet. My Granny is also here - has been for about 7 or 8 years. I visit now and then but her mind isn't really there anymore so sometimes I don't stick around long.
My Dad and a brother still live here in town (pop. circa 4400) and I see them every couple of days or so. VERY VERY few of my old friends are still in the area so I don't really know anyone anymore.

as far as doing the work, I'll do what I can but clearly won't be able to safely do the everything like before.
For example: I should probably take some extra care when spraying paint since I have a trach tube.
I should also be care leaning over things since I have a feeding tube hanging out of my belly.
Other than that, I'm generally the same as before all this shit came down.
E

Hello Eric. It is good to see you back up and around. I'm doing okay,not much going on here,with the exception of getting ready for the SER convention. Believe it or not,I have constructed a better train table then the one I had before,and I'm slowly getting back on track. From what I have read, it looks like you are getting ready to make a new layout as well, have you settled on a design,or are you still trying to decide what will work? I'm looking forward to the photos of the new table,and your progress. I also you continue to improve and that get well soon. Being sick stinks. Take care,and I can tell Carey hello for you,if you would for me to do that. Get well soon friend,and I'll talk to you later. William.

Beady, I wasn't witnessing for my religion or anyone else's so if my reply offended anyone here,I'm sorry,that was not my intent. If it bothered you,I'm sorry,and I won't do that again. I guess I got carried away, and said something I shouldn't have. Forgive me. William.

William. I appreciate your message. It was not at all offensive and there is no reason for anybody to imagine it was.

Hope you had a good Easter

Good evening Shop Dwellers! Hope those of you who celebrate Easter had a great one, we did!

Eric - glad to see you're able to return to an almost-normal life, with trains and an excellent space for a layout.

Sherrell - nice work kitbashing that pallet into a potting bench!

Curt - glad your sister-in-law didn't have a stroke after all. Give my best wishes to Phil!

Ken in VA - sorry to hear about your back pain, hope the VA can get their **** together so the underlying problem can be corrected.

Gene - awesome model of an RDC! Luckily my industrial switching layout doesn't lend itself to passenger ops, so I'm able to resist the compulsion to buy one for myself. I rode in those a few times on the B&O Camden line.

Chet - hopefully you can keep that snow blade off your tractor at least thru August!

Dave - sorry that job of yours didn't work out, glad you were at least able to walk away from it.

It's getting too close to my bed time, sorry I don't have to reply to all of you.

I haven't really done any mrr stuff over the past two weeks because things have been so crazy around here. I've had an unrealistic deadline imposed on me at my day job, so I've been [and still will be] putting in some longer-than-normal hours at the office to get my deliverables finished on time. Had to do the usual annual maintenance work on the mower so I could get it running in time for the first mowing of the season, which I finally did on Saturday. Then there was all the usual Easter rituals.

One of my "expert" neighbors has planted the idea in SWMBO's mind that the 12,500btu window-mounted heat pump - that I use for climate control in my trainroom - is what is causing our electricity bill to be as high as it is. I've already put it on a timer-switch so it only runs between 2pm and 12:00am each day. Now she's saying it should only be running when I am physically occupying the trainroom!:rolleyes: She still doesn't comprehend that nothing can instantly change the temperatue/humidity level of a 4500 cubic-foot space at the flick of a switch! *sigh*

Last edited by a moderator:
Good evening Shop Dwellers! Hope those of you who celebrate Easter had a great one, we did!

Eric - glad to see you're able to return to an almost-normal life, with trains and an excellent space for a layout.

Sherrell - nice work kitbashing that pallet into a potting bench!

Curt - glad your sister-in-law didn't have a stroke after all. Give my best wishes to Phil!

Ken in VA - sorry to hear about your back pain, hope the VA can get their **** together so the underlying problem can be corrected.

Gene - awesome model of an RDC! Luckily my industrial switching layout doesn't lend itself to passenger ops, so I'm able to resist the compulsion to buy one for myself. I rode in those a few times on the B&O Camden line.

Chet - hopefully you can keep that snow blade off your tractor at least thru August!

Dave - sorry that job of yours didn't work out, glad you were at least able to walk away from it.

It's getting too close to my bed time, sorry I don't have to reply to all of you.

I haven't really done any mrr stuff over the past two weeks because things have been so crazy around here. I've had an unrealistic deadline imposed on me at my day job, so I've been [and still will be] putting in some longer-than-normal hours at the office to get my deliverables finished on time. Had to do the usual annual maintenance work on the mower so I could get it running in time for the first mowing of the season, which I finally did on Saturday. Then there was all the usual Easter rituals.

One of my "expert" neighbors has planted the idea in SWMBO's mind that the 12,500btu window-mounted heat pump - that I use for climate control in my trainroom - is what is causing our electricity bill to be as high as it is. I've already put it on a timer-switch so it only runs between 2pm and 12:00am each day. Now she's saying it should only be running when I am physically occupying the trainroom!:rolleyes: She still doesn't comprehend that nothing can instantly change the temperatue/humidity level of a 4500 cubic-foot space at the flick of a switch! *sigh*

I'm not entirely sure what you are calling a "window-mounted heat pump"? Are you are referring to a window a/c unit ?
If you have an outlet for the drain -- try getting a dehumidifier. I had a portable unit in my basement in K.C and it ran a continious stream of water. It made a ton of difference in the ability to withstand the high temp humidity there. I never noticed the walls feeling damp and I believe it lowered the amount of time the A/C had to run.

Beady, I wasn't witnessing for my religion or anyone else's so if my reply offended anyone here,I'm sorry,that was not my intent. If it bothered you,I'm sorry,and I won't do that again. I guess I got carried away, and said something I shouldn't have. Forgive me. William.
Not a problem, really. All I ask is that you realize that there are people out here whose non-Christianity is as much a part of them as your Christianity is a part of you. If it's proper for you to proclaim in this forum that "He is risen!" then it's proper for me to respond in this forum with "Prove it!" or for a Muslim with "There is no god but Allah!" and so on.

This signature is intended to irritate people.

I put the bridge all the way together. Now what colors to throw at it????

My airbrush and equipment probably won't be here for at least a week so there ain't no rush. IMG_0985.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've mentioned this before, but I was standing next to a covered hopper that was being unloaded when the shifting weight caused a rail to roll out from under the car. This was in 1973, when Penn Central's maintenance budget was up to $0...
I've been told that standing derailments as applied to freight cars didn't happen - urban legend, in other words - but maybe did happen with a locomotive once in a while. They really happen with freight cars, just falling off the track while stationary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back