Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXI

There used to be a lot of hobby shops in the Cities. University Hobby was one . The one in Har Mar , I think was one of three. There, Signal Hills Shopping Center and on Lake street by Sears. Damn if I can remember the stupid name. Woodcraft Hobbies !!!!!!! Ha, I am not old!!
Hub hobby has or had 3 stores. Richfield, St Paul and IDONTREMEMBER. The Richfield store was/is great.
Scale Model Supplies on Lexington, St Paul, is a great place also. the Hennepin Overland MRR club used to be located there.

I still prefer Becker's. There's a lot to be said for service. Bill is great!

I grew up in South St. Paul. All my lawn mowing money went to trains, too.
Terry in NW Wisconsin

Evening gents,
My latest purchase from Terry in NC was waiting at the door when I got in this evening.
Very nice!!

Thank you Terry!
I like the Coca Cola sign. Perfect timing since I just got my billboard frame/supports the other day.
I have no idea what that thing on the side of the van is. I'll have put on my jeweler's hood to be able to see it.
Staring at high-gloss white trim paint for the better part 3 weeks has pretty much rendered chronically snow-blind.
E.

Think I'll take my new toy to the train room for a couple of laps.
It's a Kato GE AC4400CW in the UP gray & yellow color scheme with a big US flag on the side.
E.

Think I'll take my new toy to the train room for a couple of laps.
It's a Kato GE AC4400CW in the UP gray & yellow color scheme with a big US flag on the side.
E.
I hope ya like it! I like my AC4400, it's an athearn though.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Hey Eric, keep in mind I'm only one state away. Might be more to ship to you.

Bill's a bit grumpy til he gets to know you. Great guy tho. He 'll take care of ya!
If you don't see what you're looking for on the website, ask him. He has it or will get it.

Terry in NW Wisconsin

Mine is taking my 18" curves just fine - if you are curious.
No coupler swap needed this time either. It hooked right up and pulled about 15 cars with no trouble.

Stupid me being in a hurry, I just pulled the little switcher he sent last week right off the track.
Duh... I could have driven into the yard where it really belongs anyhow.
That's ok.
I really do need to pull everything off the tracks and clean it better than I did anyhow.
I should start keeping a log/diary of when I clean tracks and when I clean engine wheels so it doesn't get too nasty.
Me and most of my friends all smoke so it doesn't take much to dirty up things.
E.

Evening All,

Went up to see Jon today. Phil did not make it there this time. I go back next Thursday. After getting home I washed my truck. For about 9 days we have had a very slow flushing toilet next to the living room. We have been trying various things without success. This coincidently started the same day our 8 yo grandson stayed in the downstairs bedroom because he was in trouble at school,....hmmmm. Well today the supply valve gave out and started leaking probably due to the number of times it was operated:mad:. Because the house is 21 years old and the valve is attached to the crappy grey plastic piping and crimped on we have a plumber coming in the morning to fix the 2 problems.

Lame/Corey- It would be nice to have a store like that here. Our LHS that also has RC and photography sections was "consolidating" the train section the last time I was there.

Ken- That's great but I bet they all had a pretty price.

Bob- Happy birthday to YOH.

IMG_1275_zps41ffa766.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

There must have been plenty of spare money floating around in the budget when they built that fancy RR'd building.

There must have been plenty of spare money floating around in the budget when they built that fancy RR'd building.
It was cheaper to use local labor, and local materials. Pennsy planned on The Curve being there forever. So far, so good.

Eric, I included that passenger platform so you could practice your weathering skills on it.

For the new people, Running Bear occasionally would buy, sell, and/or trade stuff he had, for stuff he wanted or needed. Several years ago, he and I swapped some stuff, and I ended up with a small fleet of 1970's-era Dodge and Ford vans. One of the Dodges was painted to look like the old Dodge he had, and it, along with a select few other pieces from other people I've grown fond of over the years, occupy strategic locations around my layout. The Ford Eric now has is one of Running Bear's vans.

Eric, I included that passenger platform so you could practice your weathering skills on it.

Ok. Nice touch with the downspouts! If wanted to prototypical of this climate right now, I'd just spray paint the entire thing yellow with all this pollen blowing around. It'd be cheaper to just open the windows and put a fan blowing in. Everything, including me and the cats would be covered in short order. :(

The aft railings on the engine got mooshed a little. I'll fix them over the weekend. Doesn't appear to be anything major.
Do the ditch lights operate? They're on all the time. I don't mind the headlight or number boards at all.

For the new people, Running Bear occasionally would buy, sell, and/or trade stuff he had, for stuff he wanted or needed. Several years ago, he and I swapped some stuff, and I ended up with a small fleet of 1970's-era Dodge and Ford vans. One of the Dodges was painted to look like the old Dodge he had, and it, along with a select few other pieces from other people I've grown fond of over the years, occupy strategic locations around my layout. The Ford Eric now has is one of Running Bear's vans.

And well detailed it is!! I'll try to stage a close up pic of it this weekend for all to see.
E.

Ok. Nice touch with the downspouts! If wanted to prototypical of this climate right now, I'd just spray paint the entire thing yellow with all this pollen blowing around. It'd be cheaper to just open the windows and put a fan blowing in. Everything, including me and the cats would be covered in short order. :(

The aft railings on the engine got mooshed a little. I'll fix them over the weekend. Doesn't appear to be anything major.
Do the ditch lights operate? They're on all the time. I don't mind the headlight or number boards at all.
ditch lights, numberboards, and headlights all use a common source, so they are all on all the time.

... Interesting side bar trivia, while researching the Edison plant, yesterday, i found an interesting story, about how the Shelby Mustang GTs were built at Edison, then shipped to A O Smith for completion. They had reusable fiberglass hoods installed leaving Edison, which were a back haul once removed at A O Smith's plant.

In any event, keep us posted on the progress of your assembly plant. I will be following it closely.
Joe - that's a cool piece of history about the Edison plant! The Dearborn facility, which was the closest to my childhood hometown (Farmington), also produced Mustangs - but only the "regular" kind.

I'll probably start a separate thread [with photos] on my Ford plant extension - once I get rid of all the eyesores from the area.

Ken- That's great but I bet they all had a pretty price.
Actually Curt, my LHS gave me a really good price on them - ~$160, or 3.55 each. These are part of the Fresh Cherries "MotorMax" line, which are way cheaper than Brekina or Busch models.

s-l300.jpg

Morning gents,
63° here and raining - probably for most of the day. Heading to 75.

I'm so glad it's Friday. Might as well start on my list now.
E

Back