Running Bear's Coffee Shop LVI

Good Morning All. It's 74° and mostly cloudy around here this morning. Rain is in the forecast for the next seven days; which means that they don't have a clue and we will get one wet day somewhere.
Out in the train shed, I played with track arrangements for the planned industrial park. Hmmm, trucks and roads take up a lot of space! LOL It will eventually come to me.
Garry - That's good advice for investment, which I mostly follow. I did ride through the recession and didn't panic. I never believed in "locking in your losses". It did delay retirement for three years though.
Beady - Sounds like an interesting venture. I know that Curt did this and enjoyed his time.
Joe - Good news regarding the doctor visit.
Curt - Those flats are certainly a "labor of love"! Looking good so far. I admire your patience. 45 minutes is usually my endurance level, then I have to set it aside and do something else. That's why I have temporarily suspended working on a large hotel that I am working on right now. 200+ windows is a bit tedious.
Chet - One of my all time favorite model railroads is the F&SM; even though it doesn't fit my era or locale. George obviously spends more time on it than most of the rest of us.
Terry - Didn't know that PRSL owned any RS12's. I think it is a Baldwin DRS-4-4-1500. Agree on the snow though.
Dave - Glad that you are enjoying your visit to Texas. This is pretty much our weather pattern until early November. Resumes in March - June.
Louis - Thanks. I always believe that optimism is contagious.

Where's David? Where's Corey? Hope that everything is still working in his favor. Prayers still for Eric.
Everyone have an awesome day.

Willie

My problems with the Asus computer continued today re internet access to get it logged in to my modem. As I was reluctant to ignore the website security certificate warnings when trying to open a browser window without first checking with the dealer I got it from (on a 7 day trial period), I informed them I'd like to try that route and they agreed. Doing so did give me one and I noted that the one that opened was set to our local Google.com.au, so I would say the machine has not been fully formatted (the term I think) back to original state. This did enable me to bring up the modem installation wizard, although not automatically as the book says, had to access it through the address bar, and only after a couple of tries. Had to jump through a few more hoops including wait for a confirmation email through my I.P's official email address (half an hour wait, which I had to do via my main computer). At the end of all this it still told me I didn't have internet access via the modem, even though the task bar icon was saying I did.

So.... back to the shop to get them to sort it out, refunded my payment, but I asked them to notify me if and when it gets fixed, if ever.. To me, it sounds as though there is still something installed that is blocking/overriding the modem installation. I remember when I first started it up and it installed the drivers for the keyboard etc, one item failed which was named as another Netgear modem of a different model, but then on a second attempt said all items had installed. Disappointing, as it's not that old and a nice compact size for what I'd use it for.

Karl this one is for you! ;) I hope you haven't had your breakfast yet!
http://www.bradfordexchange.com/pro...82&utm_term=M45-54_KW-RockMusic_1Step-N_Niche
14264190_10153688427066891_1642287712023808447_n.jpg

My problems with the Asus computer continued today re internet access to get it logged in to my modem. As I was reluctant to ignore the website security certificate warnings when trying to open a browser window without first checking with the dealer I got it from (on a 7 day trial period), I informed them I'd like to try that route and they agreed. Doing so did give me one and I noted that the one that opened was set to our local Google.com.au, so I would say the machine has not been fully formatted (the term I think) back to original state. This did enable me to bring up the modem installation wizard, although not automatically as the book says, had to access it through the address bar, and only after a couple of tries. Had to jump through a few more hoops including wait for a confirmation email through my I.P's official email address (half an hour wait, which I had to do via my main computer). At the end of all this it still told me I didn't have internet access via the modem, even though the task bar icon was saying I did.

So.... back to the shop to get them to sort it out, refunded my payment, but I asked them to notify me if and when it gets fixed, if ever.. To me, it sounds as though there is still something installed that is blocking/overriding the modem installation. I remember when I first started it up and it installed the drivers for the keyboard etc, one item failed which was named as another Netgear modem of a different model, but then on a second attempt said all items had installed. Disappointing, as it's not that old and a nice compact size for what I'd use it for.

King Toot I wish I could help you, but my knowledge is out of date for the most part.

I recommend you buy yourself a new and cheap windows 10 PC. The systems I have that were designed with windows 10 work perfectly.

The ones I have including the one I use daily are windows 10 upgrades and they have minor issues, some more than others, but nothing that makes them unstable or unusable. I love my windows 10 upgrade on my PC.

Time marches on with you or with out you. I knew customers who swore they would never abandon DOS. I told them that was impossible, but they hung on to DOS. Now they use Windows 10, at least the ones I am still in touch with.

Willie once again you are correct sir! Optimism is most certainly contagious and it leads to good results!

I am not the best baseball coach, but I help my players to believe in themselves and that makes them better players. I end up looking like a genius coach for being an ugly cheerleader.

Willie, I looked up rosters, and PRR had RS12s, PRSL had the DRS4-4-1500s.
The two models look very similar.

Good morning. Still having problems with 'puter but mostly here on the forum. Tells me "HP MEDIASMART Media SMART not plugged in. HP will fix problem. So far, no joy.
DAVID in CAL. is O K . I've been in touch with him , we exchange "E"s.

Did anyone here from ERIC ?? Me neither.

LOUIS-CHET-SHERREL- Where you able to see the pictures of the GN trains ?

Have a checkup with my Oncologist at 2:30. Maybe he can figure out why I'm still losing weight. Down to 130 lbs.
Wish y'all a good day. Prayers for all of us -and our TROOPS>
Phil

Thanks Louis, knew you would if you could. I only want it to run train related stuff on. Win7 is upgradable to 10, but not necessary in this case. I hope they can sort it out, I believe it's something simple, but I don't have the knowledge to find it.

Good morning ...

Where is David in CA? ... I sent a PM yesterday wondering about him, and have not received a response yet.

I hope Eric is doing okay. Prayers for him.

Chet .... I certainly liked the F&SM RR video.

Louis..... I have had Dalmatians in the past. That was our family dog when I grew up near Chicago. The last one was when we lived near Ann Arbor, MI. I named him Boss because that is what he thought he was.

Willie .... Actually, our investments did not delay our retirement. Instead, they allowed us to retire much earlier.

Curt .... There is a PRR E8 locomotive preserved in Greater Cincinnati Railroad Museum in Covington, KY across the river from downtown Cincinnati. In addition to the E8, the museum has several PRR passenger cars. When I'm in Cincinnati again, I would like to visit the museum.

Terry: The ground appears to be partially covered with snow, but there is still sufficient sand and ground slime visible as the snow melts. BTW, the Baldwin is an ARS16ms, dual control, dual service. (Baldwin RS16).
Remember Baldwin road switchers appeared to be larger than their contemporary road switchers. The RS12, for instance was as long as a GP7. Not sure about the AS616 but it sure looked monstrous next to RS3s.

Louis might like this layout. I took the photo of this Lionel layout in North Caroline a few years ago.

DSCN3480.jpg

It is next to the station where passenger board the Smokey Mountain Railroad tourist train which we rode.

2685c620-6a49-4f51-b06b-28f3b4382f7f_zpsjqn9mxow.jpg

Good morning. We got the first frost of the year this morning. Starting off at 35 degrees but should make it into the mid 60's by this afternoon.

Louis - The weather is a but different up here in the mountains at over a mile high in the valley. You never know what will happen. I always liked the GG-1's but can't stand it in the Conrail blue.

Garry - The F&SM RR is one of my favorites. In the 90's I had the opportunity to have seen the railroad in person while on a road trip to the east coast. All he had at the time was the very first section of th railroad. I think I drooled all over the floor. Sure would like to be able to pay it a visit again after all of the expansion work that has been done since I was there. Nice photos. Quite the Lionel layout.

The phone is starting to ring off the hook. Better get to work.

Later

Good afternoon. It's mostly sunny and 88.

So far, all I have gotten from my attempted computer sale is a long list of scammers, wanting to send me something other than cash.

Have a checkup with my Oncologist at 2:30. Maybe he can figure out why I'm still losing weight. Down to 130 lbs.
Phil
Hey Phil, I did not see the GN trains, was that in an email? If so I did not receive it, sorry.
I'm glad to see you online, but I hope you get it all sorted out. HP does have good service from my experience. One mishap after another and I have bought over a half a dozen of their laptops.

I hope all is well with the doctors visit. Maybe some good home made rice pudding before going to bed would help.

Thanks Louis, knew you would if you could. I only want it to run train related stuff on. Win7 is upgradable to 10, but not necessary in this case. I hope they can sort it out, I believe it's something simple, but I don't have the knowledge to find it.
I wish you well, but keep your eyes out for a deal on something new, this is a good time of year with schools open and Christmas coming.

Louis..... I have had Dalmatians in the past. That was our family dog when I grew up near Chicago. The last one was when we lived near Ann Arbor, MI. I named him Boss because that is what he thought he was. .
Ol McDog was one of the best dogs I ever had, I miss my friend. All I came away with after my divorce was my daughter and my dog, but I'd make that deal again every day of the week! The day I walked away my daughter went to visit her grandmother for the day and I was never so happy sitting on the floor of my empty apartment with my dog. A little wheeling and dealing and I had furniture and another car in a few short days. Now I am sitting in high cotton with the best wife any man could ask for and 2 grandsons as a bonus! Thank you God, but I still miss Bubba. Now I have crazy loud mouth Beagles, but I love my Beagles.

Louis might like this layout. I took the photo of this Lionel layout in North Caroline a few years ago.

DSCN3480.jpg

It is next to the station where passenger board the Smokey Mountain Railroad tourist train which we rode.

2685c620-6a49-4f51-b06b-28f3b4382f7f_zpsjqn9mxow.jpg
I do like that layout! The colors of that train too, reminds me of the Redskins. Great pictures, thank you Garry!

Good morning. We got the first frost of the year this morning. Starting off at 35 degrees but should make it into the mid 60's by this afternoon.

Louis - The weather is a but different up here in the mountains at over a mile high in the valley. You never know what will happen. I always liked the GG-1's but can't stand it in the Conrail blue.
Here is the same GG1 with a different paint scheme, I love this one!
CR_4800_19761.jpg

So far, all I have gotten from my attempted computer sale is a long list of scammers, wanting to send me something other than cash.
And we are back to people are... I won't say it. I will say I am so glad to find this group of people on this forum, the only forum I bother with. You are all a bunch of great people, thank you!

I cannot find your post ... Got the Microsoft partners virus yesterday am. Computer is at Geek. Trying to learn my iPad again ... What you have?

Good morning. Still having problems with 'puter but mostly here on the forum. Tells me "HP MEDIASMART Media SMART not plugged in. HP will fix problem. So far, no joy.
DAVID in CAL. is O K . I've been in touch with him , we exchange "E"s.

Did anyone here from ERIC ?? Me neither.

Phil

PHIL ... I did see two pictures of a bunch of GN boxcars. What is/does it represent?

Phil ... As I have lost all my computer knowledge over the last several years .. I signed up for GEEK anti virus and maintenance. It has been a lifesaver a couple times .. Well worth $99.00 a year.
Good luck with the DR,s.

More on the medical front after I find/buy another stylus. Fat fingers have a hard time one-fingering around this iPad.

Catch 22 with the hernia. Have to wait until after the 20th test results and then su goons get to play: Who gets to go first?
Meanwhile .. A truss does alievate the pain, so I am able to function .. Which is a Godsend.
Hernia surgeon said he could do it with a "local", but. Not without approval of the vascular guys as to the possibility of elevated blood pressure..

Sherrel - Good luck with the docs. Hope things are take care of fast. I know what you mean about the fat fingers. That's why I hate to text or respond to posts on TapTalk. I had a few people try to get me to get some sort of tablet, but they are off the menu for me. I'll take my bulky desk top or lap top computer thank you very much. A tablet is just such an awkward size to try to carry around. A phone is about my limit for carrying around anything besides my wallet.

Just saw a post by "Chip", our former "New Guy" on another forum.

Back