Running Bear's Coffee Shop LVI

Afternoon All,

Worked on the project for around 3.5 hours with a break in the middle. I installed the brake piping today (another fun job). Tichy said to use the .020 wire they provided but it was just too stiff, so luckily I had a container of .015 wire from them so I used that. Still not easy but I could get it to work for me. I also attached the brackets for the brake wheel. The last 2 steps in the directions are 1) attach handrails (holes pre-drilled) and 2) attach brake wheel to it's bracket. I also need to scratch build 4 car ramps (2 each car) and 4 TrucTrain signs that go on the sides of the cars (I found a photo of a car with them). I will probably have Jon paint and decal them for me next week.

I won't be in here tomorrow. MOH and I will be at the school for 12 hours..ouch! We are there during the day and for open house. Friday everything is packed up and gone. Saturday we are celebrating our son's 33rd birthday.

Ken- I bet you were heartbroken about the jury duty.

Chet- Great scenery in the video.

Karl- I love the paint job. Did you do it?

LASM Dave- I'm glad your new job is going well.

Louis- After working with RCFD (FD that covers WDW and surrounding area) for 8 years I detest anything to do with Disney. I can honestly say I will never again go to WDW even though it is only a half hour down the road.

Phil- I hope the Doc can figure out your weight loss.

Garry- Sometimes it's surprising where PRR equipment shows up at.

Joe- Thanks for the great RR info.

Sherrel- Sorry you couldn't get your hernia fixed today.

I hope everyone has a good night.

SHERREL- The GN cars are part of a 50 car collection, all different numbers . Yes, I run them in small consists.
Weight down to 127. DR. wants me to have PET scan and an Endoscope. There goes MRR funds.
Good luck with your troubles.
Phil

[Garry I believe even God loves Disney, but for some reason I never did. God certainly has a sense of humor. My kids and grandsons love Disney. I have had to put up with watching that stupid mouse over and over. Thank God my grandsons have finally out grown him.
Pardon me for butting in, but the wife and I love Disney, especially the vintage stuff. We own various "special" DVDs, such as Man in Space, On The Front Lines, and several others. We've been to Disneyworld several times and Disneyland once.

We'd live in the Magic Kingdom if we could. Reason is not so much that we're fanatically attached, but because Disney as a concept is the the way the world should be. There is no place in Disney that you can't take your grandchildren, grown men can wear mouse ears, all little girls are princesses, terrorists are unknown, and good always wins. Burn down It's A Small World and it would be perfect.

Sidebar: The wife and I were waiting to take the Peter Pan ride, directly across from It's A Small World. A British couple were coming out of IASM and the husband said, "No wonder the Yanks like guns."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I cannot find your post ... Got the Microsoft partners virus yesterday am. Computer is at Geek. Trying to learn my iPad again ... What you have?

Late 2014 Mac Mini, latest version, I5 processor, 4GB ram, 500GB hard drive, with keyboard and mouse, for $300. It's still under Geek Squad Certified warranty until may of 2017.
I'm pretty sure it will never get Microsoft Partners virus...

Last edited by a moderator:
Karl- I love the paint job. Did you do it?

I wish I could take all the credit, but no I cant. The Canton units were originally done as dummies only, for use by the Canton as gifts for stockholders, customers and prospective customers. Athearn decorated the hoods only like Canton 1201, but with black steps.

ctn1201.jpg

I decorated mine as Canton 1203, with the back wall of the cab and roof yellow, as well as the pilots. Also the handrail in red as well as the side sill

index.php

Funny thing is, they are both the same engine. 1201 got renumbered as 1203, so even though I have 1 of each, I cant run them together......THEORETICALLY! :rolleyes: Maybe I'll sell one?:confused: Naaaah, just kidding!;)

Karl: Love those Canton RR switchers.

Curt: I'm not fond of Disney either. Different strokes for different folks, eh? I really need to try one of those Tichy kits myself, I have the 120 Tn Wreck derrick like the one based at 44th St yard in west Philly.

Louis: 1-0 win over the Red Sox. Toronto lost, the Yankees lost. In all a good night. Now, not to get complacent against Tampa Bay.

Good morning agents!
it's a little after 4am here. I have been stuck in here since I admitted myself Thursday - in the evening.
i have the tracheostomy tube and the feed tubes since Friday afternoon. They have tried the MRI 3times as of today without success.
I got this phone from my sister today. Seems to be mighty nice -iPhone SE I believe.
Even though I have trach, I am able to talk ffairly well enough to be understood by anyone.

it also appears that I will be moving back to Illinois pretty soon after all this.
I do NOT look forward to that at all.
later fellers.
E

Worked on the project for around 3.5 hours with a break in the middle. I installed the brake piping today (another fun job). Tichy said to use the .020 wire they provided but it was just too stiff, so luckily I had a container of .015 wire from them so I used that. Still not easy but I could get it to work for me. I also attached the brackets for the brake wheel. The last 2 steps in the directions are 1) attach handrails (holes pre-drilled) and 2) attach brake wheel to it's bracket. I also need to scratch build 4 car ramps (2 each car) and 4 TrucTrain signs that go on the sides of the cars (I found a photo of a car with them). I will probably have Jon paint and decal them for me next week.

I won't be in here tomorrow. MOH and I will be at the school for 12 hours..ouch! We are there during the day and for open house. Friday everything is packed up and gone. Saturday we are celebrating our son's 33rd birthday.

Louis-
After working with RCFD (FD that covers WDW and surrounding area) for 8 years I detest anything to do with Disney. I can honestly say I will never again go to WDW even though it is only a half hour down the road.

I'm with you, my kids can take my grandsons to Disney World, I'll take them to train museums.

I am in wonder of your project, I can't wait to see the cars on the rails. Thanks for sharing your work!

Enjoy the party and do your best to survive the school outing!

Pardon me for butting in, but the wife and I love Disney, especially the vintage stuff. We own various "special" DVDs, such as Man in Space, On The Front Lines, and several others. We've been to Disneyworld several times and Disneyland once.

We'd live in the Magic Kingdom if we could. Reason is not so much that we're fanatically attached, but because Disney as a concept is the the way the world should be. There is no place in Disney that you can't take your grandchildren, grown men can wear mouse ears, all little girls are princesses, terrorists are unknown, and good always wins. Burn down It's A Small World and it would be perfect.

Sidebar: The wife and I were waiting to take the Peter Pan ride, directly across from It's A Small World. A British couple were coming out of IASM and the husband said, "No wonder the Yanks like guns."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

"Pardon me" (doc) has somebody been influenced by Bugs Bunny? :)
Thank God for people like you and your wife. Disney is certainly kid safe and friendly. Not to mention they could be credited with saving Lionel.

My life from 9-38 years old was as far from "Disney World" as it could be, maybe that influenced me. Either way I am thankful for Disney, my kids and grandsons enjoyed countless hours and learned much from watching Disney movies and later the Disney Channel and yes when I was home I watched with them, but it was not easy. I even sang the "hotdog" song with my boys as they danced in front of the TV. "Hotdog, hotdog, hot digity dog, we got ears it's time for cheers"

Late 2014 Mac Mini, latest version, I5 processor, 4GB ram, 500GB hard drive, with keyboard and mouse, for $300. It's still under Geek Squad Certified warranty until may of 2017.
I'm pretty sure it will never get Microsoft Partners virus...
I may not be on top of the latest technology, but I know a great deal when I see one! All you Mac lovers should pounce on this one!

I wish I could take all the credit, but no I cant. The Canton units were originally done as dummies only, for use by the Canton as gifts for stockholders, customers and prospective customers. Athearn decorated the hoods only like Canton 1201, but with black steps.

ctn1201.jpg

I decorated mine as Canton 1203, with the back wall of the cab and roof yellow, as well as the pilots. Also the handrail in red as well as the side sill

index.php

Funny thing is, they are both the same engine. 1201 got renumbered as 1203, so even though I have 1 of each, I cant run them together......THEORETICALLY! :rolleyes: Maybe I'll sell one?:confused: Naaaah, just kidding!;)
Funny man... I was getting my hopes up!

Karl: Love those Canton RR switchers.

Louis: 1-0 win over the Red Sox. Toronto lost, the Yankees lost. In all a good night. Now, not to get complacent against Tampa Bay.

That is my kind of baseball! My hopes have never been higher! 16 ground ball outs for Gausman, the 2 seamer was nasty and he even threw the 118th pitch at 98mph!

MLB standings not updated yet, Birds should be a game out of first and own First Wild Card.

You got it on the nose!!!

Good morning agents!
it's a little after 4am here. I have been stuck in here since I admitted myself Thursday - in the evening.
i have the tracheostomy tube and the feed tubes since Friday afternoon. They have tried the MRI 3times as of today without success.
I got this phone from my sister today. Seems to be mighty nice -iPhone SE I believe.
Even though I have trach, I am able to talk ffairly well enough to be understood by anyone.

it also appears that I will be moving back to Illinois pretty soon after all this.
I do NOT look forward to that at all.
later fellers.
E

E - E - E -E -E YEAH BigE!!!!

Sometimes the mission calls for some unpleasant stuff, just geter done my friend! You can handle what ever they throw at you. You will be back in the saddle before you know it. I know you know this old song, I'll bet you have the LP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3J48LUFoAQ

A pleasant 69 degrees with only 58% humidity under cloudy skies in southeast Baltimore.

I'm hatching another plan and as soon as I have some details I will share it with my train buddies. I really appreciate all the encouragement, well wishes and words of caution too. I am more confident than ever that I can get up off the sidelines.

The Kidney episode has been the catalyst for all of this. The minor lifestyle adjustments have made a big difference. I even walked about a 1/2 mile Tuesday evening. A quarter of a mile from the parking lot to the soccer field and back again. I am holding up well. My back is co-operating, my knees are ok and my hip is not barking. Now I have to build up some stamina and I may have found the opportunity and motivation to do just that. My new Nike air sole shoes have really helped!

Back to baseball, I forgot to touch on the point Boris raised "Now, not to get complacent against Tampa Bay." You are so right Boris! The pitchers are always the most important factor, we have to face those hitter of the Rays the same as they did with the Sox. They might be in last place, but they are big league hitters and they will make you pay if you make a few mistakes.

I am still so happy about last nights game 1-0!!! I was so confident when Britton came in to close the door that I fell asleep. How about that 2 of baseball's best hitting teams in one of baseball's best hitters parks and they only manage 1 run between them. One mistake and Trumbo made them pay with a big fly! Gausman is becoming a super star! I would have let him finish that game but today's game relies to heavily on pitch counts. He threw 120 pitches and his last 3 were 98, 96 and 97 mph! I don't think he was getting tired! I understand, Buck has baseball's best closer and that game was the most important one of the season, we had to win and we did!

Thank you God for everything and God bless us Everyone!

Have a great day Everybody!

PS I am not silly enough to think God loves the Orioles more than the Red Sox, I am thankful we/us/all of us are able to use what God gave us. We are born with everything we need, it's up to us what we do with it. Have faith, do your best and the rest will take care of itself.

Here is another pretty sight:

pennsylvaniacorridornatlgeo2.jpg

Here is a pretty girl next door, well not right next door to me but close :)
6842.1445374450.jpg

I think this is the latest Canton Railroad paint scheme.

Back