Running Bear's Coffee Shop LVI

IMG_0868.png

IMG_0869.png

IMG_0870.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Just think, if it had been on a real railroad it would most likely been scrapped long ago. An "oldie but a goody".

Good evening y'all. 55° with dense fog along the Coastal Plain.

Terry: Nice Cabin Car, can't help with the ID, but is enough to make one consider switching from HO to O. Not sure the lettering is right though, but that's a minor point.

Wife and I raked a whole bunch of leaves to the front today, and that's from one tree. There are four more trees in close proximity that have not as yet started to drop their leaves. That means we will be busy for a while yet.

Wife and I raked a whole bunch of leaves to the front today, and that's from one tree. There are four more trees in close proximity that have not as yet started to drop their leaves. That means we will be busy for a while yet.

Hope they're all growing east to west, so fall comes to them sequentially.

Good late night all,
I was busy most of the day trying to get my Android cell to download another Anti-Virus program in an attempt to try and remove the Virus that has gotten into my phone and really causes a problem.

Then this evening, because I didn't get to it this afternoon, I made up three storm windows, just a matter of getting the 6mil plastic held in place with rubber piping that you press into grove on the inside edge of the frame. I then went outside where it's fairly cold and put up to help keep the two East end rooms warmer.

Evening All,

Thank you everyone that has had the kind words for my family and myself.

Looks like it is almost time to move again. Today I spent another couple of hours on my kits. I attached the stake pockets on the second car. I had to remove and re-glued one of the vertical ends that had a slight inward bend that prevented a container from fitting behind it. I also did some measuring on the car ends then glued angle irons on in preparation of mounting wire gussets tomorrow. That is the last major thing to do, but there are several other more minor things to apply. It has been an experience.

David- Yep, it does look funny now. Since the side of the cars are so thin the stirrups are glued on and drilled holes are not used. The stirrups are the last step during construction.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Curt: How about gluing thicker plastic to the back side of the car side to giver you more meat to drill into for the stirrup steps?

Good morning: 42°, and sunny this morning. Going up near 70° again today. It's been absolutely beautiful the last couple of days.

Curt: Sorry for your loss.

Sherrel: David is right you should get back into it. There are a lot of choices, but the key is picking a scale you can be most happy working with. Lets face it, as we "mature" O scale is easier on the eyes.

David: There is no dual gauge in Jersey. The rail you are referring to is the remnant of the lead to the freight station and public delivery track at Jamesburg. That piece of rail has been there since the '80s. The weeds in the background, hide another track, a run around last used around 1990.

View attachment 53466

My quarterly visit to the doctor is this morning. Once that's over, I can resume the fall yard work.

Joe: Interesting you mention that, I never thought to look for a second rail, but now it makes sense.

I'm beat so good nite!

Hey Terry,

This is a curious piece, we may need the history detectives?

Whatever it is, it looks like a one of a kind custom modification or kit.

I would like to know what it was, but I am unfamiliar with brass.

Let me know when you find the answer if you would please.

Signed; curious in southeast Baltimore.

The Detroit Div of the PRR, COOL! Morning all, anybody seen E? Hope he's ok, the old sailor worries me sometimes!

The 'muse' is upon me and it's tappa, tappa, tappa, time on the lines today! Going to get lines #3 and 4 squared away today and start working on the figure 8 now that I have the track. 10 days to the train show!

Downright BALMY out there this morn, calm and warm, NOT a November morning to be sure!

Truss- THATS the VERY reason I'm going to stay 'off tether' from those lil doo-dads, it's just a small computer with a 'phone app'.

I've found out that I'm a 'Luddite' when it comes to technology!

Good Morning, 53° and overcast. The fog has lifted, and we may get some of Terry's rain this afternoon. It's off to the Orchard for frozen pie shells, and maybe more apples. it's "senior" day 10% off.

Love this mild weather as long as it lasts.

...anybody seen E? Hope he's ok, the old sailor worries me sometimes...!

I have not heard from him either. Always hope for the best.

Good morning everyone.

55 with 95% humidity under cloudy skies in southeast Baltimore.

Hey Big, what have you been up to?

Have a great day everybody!

Taking a LOOK at this stuff I got from the dealer guy and this passenger car poses some questions.
WIN_20151105_080817.JPG I found this inside the shell, a 'well' of some kind. Did this hold the lights?
The trucks are interesting too, they have actual springs in them!
WIN_20151105_080846.JPGLil copper ones and the wheels have some vertical 'play' in them! The company colors are B&O.
WIN_20151105_081728.JPGThis is a mail car that looks like it is from the same set, it says it's a rivarossi, but does not have as elaborate trucks on it as the passenger car does.

Just wondering if anybody has seen these before and could say for sure if it was a lit car. I don't have any plans to sell it but maybe I could 're-light' it!

Thanks for geting the coffee going Terry. Starting off at 27 degrees this morning.

Curt - Nice shot of the turntable.

We need more pictures. Here's one for you Louis.

2566.1283832526.jpg

Present.
Talked to a place yesterday. They needed my DL or SSN and $150 just to be seen.
1) I don't have a DL; 2) you're not getting my SSN and 3) I don't have $150.

2nd place was close until Sat. This place has excellent reviews and my neighbor is the one that says this one costs $49 to walk in.

3rd place was $150 to walk in. All of it. "We don't do billing sir."

3 strikes turned an already bad mood far worse. I kept to myself the rest of the day.

Present.
Talked to a place yesterday. They needed my DL or SSN and $150 just to be seen.
1) I don't have a DL; 2) you're not getting my SSN and 3) I don't have $150.

2nd place was close until Sat. This place has excellent reviews and my neighbor is the one that says this one costs $49 to walk in.

3rd place was $150 to walk in. All of it. "We don't do billing sir."

3 strikes turned an already bad mood far worse. I kept to myself the rest of the day.

I guess it's "Grannyma's Roomatiz Medicine", for you then! It's MY first choice anymore. (Tenn SIPPIN Bourbon!) aka 'chewin whiskey'!

Good Morning, 59 and very windy up here. I thought it was supposed to really cool off but instead warmed up. Go figure.

Chet, here is another photo for you, from my layout, the burned over area getting healed up by nature:

burned over 016.jpg

can't remember if I posted this one yet.

I guess it's "Grannyma's Roomatiz Medicine", for you then! It's MY first choice anymore. (Tenn SIPPIN Bourbon!) aka 'chewin whiskey'!

Too funny. If I was in a decent mood, I'd laugh. "Tenn. bourbon" is an oxymoron.
If it ain't made in Kentucky, I can NOT be called bourbon.
As far as drink goes, I think I've managed 2 whole beers in about 5 days. Certainly not my norm.
Hard drink is completely out of the question.

Good morning ... Our company arrived from Illinois last night (train friend and his wife) ... I may not be posting here for a few days.

Happy Model Railroading.

Too funny. If I was in a decent mood, I'd laugh. "Tenn. bourbon" is an oxymoron.
If it ain't made in Kentucky, I can NOT be called bourbon.
As far as drink goes, I think I've managed 2 whole beers in about 5 days. Certainly not my norm.
Hard drink is completely out of the question.

LOL! I ain't no "cono-sewer", just a SEWER when it comes to booze! What do I know, for all my bouncing around, I hardly been within two counties of the southern border of Michigan while Stateside my whole life. The few times I WAS 'in the South' I LOVED it! Everybody got that 'smalltown', or even better, 'country' attitude! (Sept at Ft Benning of course, there they just got ATTIUDE! LOL!)

Back