Running Bear's Coffee Shop LV

Afternoon All,

Haven't been on in a couple days because I have been pretty tired from not sleeping well, but last night I finally slept well. MOH and I took my Mom and Dad to lunch today. After coming home I had to reset my TT since it was acting up, ran a train for about 30 minutes and watched a video about a PRR ore train that I have.
Louis- Nice pic. The B&O was my second choice when I was deciding what RR to model.

20151009_133959_zpsah6kwqjn.jpg

Forgive me Curt, somehow I missed your post, that seems impossible, but not in my world. :)

I can only imagine your layout with B&O equipment, that would be fantastic!

On the other hand the PRR is my second favorite so I would miss the PRR equipment.

Even thought the B&O is my favorite I have PRR, Chessie, WM, PC, Conrail, CSX and I am searching for a NS locomotive. Living in Baltimore I got to see them all. Working as a sampler at the coal piers I got to work on most of them.

I hope you get your sleep straightened out, everything depends on getting good rest.

Thanks for sharing your layout, I always enjoy it. You are a master craftsmen.

Louis .... I hope it would not be too much trouble asking about 51's pilot.

Garry I would be more then happy to ask. All I am waiting for is a cool day and I am feeling up to wondering around the place.

The old timers at the B&O love talking trains. Once they know someone has more then a casual interest they go "above and beyond" to help.

The last time I was there I was in awe of the old GG1 waiting to be restored and they located a photo copy of a couple of old articles about the GG1 and gave them to me on my way out. The guy I was speaking to had gone home but he left them with another guy for him to give them to me. Luckily at 6'8' and 290lbs I am easy to find. He told the guy "give these to the big guy with the little boy", my grandson.

Good morning everybody!

57 with 84% humidity under mostly clear skies in southeast Baltimore.

It felt down right hot yesterday, I don't know what the high was but I should have turned on the AC. Late afternoon/evening thunderstorms foretold the coming lower temperatures.

I hope everyone is well and has a great start to the weekend!

Morning Louis and everyone,

Getting up to 58 here with clear skies. The weekend looks good as well so lots of outside work to do in preparation for the "white stuff".

"Craptop" has the hiccups again. Virus warnings and freezing up often. If I disappear, that will be why. And just in case I DO, have a great winter and KEEP rolling!

Good morning ... How about some country ham with your breakfast?

Today we go to the local Ham Festival. It's a fair where Main Street is closed to traffic and open to numerous venders. Carnival rides are in the park for kids. There are numerous games for kids too. They have Country and Western singers, too. It is an annual event. So, we re going to the Ham Festival today with friends. .

Louis... You reminded me I have a photo of B&O 50 I took at St Louis Museum of Transport several years ago. If my memory is correct, #50 was B&O's first passenger diesel. It is a box cab. . If I get a chance soon, I'll scan the photo to post here.

As I suspected the name says it all, thank you. I had never heard of it before you mentioned it but it is a great idea.

What do you think about this product?
3e2ecb96-4c9c-434c-ae5d-9835cff2d025_1000.jpg

100 sq. ft. 48 in. x 25 ft. x 1/4 in. Natural Cork Underlayment Roll

I found it while window shopping at home depot and I thought it might be good for me to use over plywood rather then Homasote. It is light weight so it would be much easier to handle and I use track screws that would pass through to the plywood.

as much as I like homasote it is very hard to find here in Montreal...so cork material like that is what I use, just glued down onto of the plywood with contact cement. We also used it on the club layout...glued down over insulation foam sheets......most of the members are conservative aeronautical engineers so that was over-engineered.

as much as I like homasote it is very hard to find here in Montreal...so cork material like that is what I use, just glued down onto of the plywood with contact cement. We also used it on the club layout...glued down over insulation foam sheets......most of the members are conservative aeronautical engineers so that was over-engineered.

LOL! I made the mistake of having a Master Carpenter in on this job, OVER-engineered is RIGHT I had to keep reminding him this was NOT going to hold up REAL trains!

Seen this stuff at Homedepot , on my last layout I had a huge staging your on a lower level and used it. I think it would work well if you used it exclusively because it isn't as thick as the regular cork road bed and there would be transition joints.

BY GOD I GOT ME A MOUNTAIN SKELETON BUILT!!!!!
I JUST GOT IN THE ZONE AND HUNG WITH IT TILL THE END.
It "only" took about 6 hours today to finish it up. ;)

View attachment 52772View attachment 52771View attachment 52770~
Wowsa, theres some mountains coming together. Being new to the site , well fairly new , I'm always looking to appreciate others works so I look for there layout. Never thought I'd see stuff like this in the Coffee Shop forum. I'll be stepping in here more often.

Back