Running Bear's Coffee Shop LV

bnsf971

Gomez Addams
Staff member
This is the new place. Careful where you sit, the paint isn't dry yet.

US Flag.gifcoffee_pot_steaming_hg_wht.gif

Terry- Thanks for the link. Nice video.

Louis- No, no pictures. Don't know how to post them . I think MOH knows how.

Eric- I've said it before and I'll say it again, You do darn nice work.
Phil

Sherrel- Commercial pilot, huh. Here's one for you.'
Wherever you go, there you are. Your luggage is another story.
Phil

Terry- Thanks for the link. Nice video.

Louis- No, no pictures. Don't know how to post them . I think MOH knows how.

Eric- I've said it before and I'll say it again, You do darn nice work.
Phil

Thank you Phil. Positive re-enforcement goes miles for me. You all set the bar really high and I got no problem going for it and at the very minimum give it my best to live up to it. Every dog LOVES being told "GOOD BOY!" - and humans (at least this one) are no exception.
AT the risk of sounding mushy and cliché, let me twist a Jack Nicholson line from a movie (Tender Mercies I think) "you all make me want to be a better modeler".
Every time the "NG" gives me comps, it just adds more self-motivation to my own efforts. His enthusiasm is contagious as I recall mine was to some of you all 9 months ago when I came along out of the blue. Except for learning DCC, not much of this stuff is new to me. I just never had the money or time as kid with a paper route budget to really do anything "cool".
I suppose the aspirations of building a cool layout never left me - even after so many decades away.
E.

Phil

Not only that, PHIL, Now they charge you extra to lose it!

HMMM .. Louis likes these ..... So, Take this, Louis!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Phil

Hey now! Be nice! That's Captain Weems you're talking to there.
Of all the flying I've done I've never had a piece get lost.
I did one time leave an entire bag at home. Of course it had all my dress stuff for business meetings I was to have over the next week.
Not much clothes shopping one can do on a late Sunday night in Brookfield, WI just outside Milwaukee in January. Never made that mistake again!!!
E.

Hey now! Be nice! That's Captain Weems you're talking to there.
Of all the flying I've done I've never had a piece get lost.
I did one time leave an entire bag at home. Of course it had all my dress stuff for business meetings I was to have over the next week.
Not much clothes shopping one can do on a late Sunday night in Brookfield, WI just outside Milwaukee in January. Never made that mistake again!!!
E.
I was on a plane one time when they lost the flight crew... We spent an extra 2 hours sitting on the tarmac in Reno until they could find somebody that could fly a plane. No, I didn't volunteer...

I was on a plane one time when they lost the flight crew... We spent an extra 2 hours sitting on the tarmac in Reno until they could find somebody that could fly a plane. No, I didn't volunteer...

HA, TERRY .. Flash Back to the early 80's ... B-707 and my whole flight crew, Co-pilot, Flight Engineer, and Five lovey flight attendants grounded in Hartford, CT during a massive snow storm. We were there for SEVEN days. Dispatch lost track of us and totally did not know we were there. Nothing was moving anywhere around there.

Terry in NC and Terry in Wisc .... I liked the videos and all of the hoppers.

Below is work in progress ...

I built a trackside shed using scrap box material including two boxcar doors. ... I placed it with the new grain elevator on the layout. .... As you can see, there is much more work to do on this part of the layout. ....... Next two weeks, I won't do anything on the layout because our traveling begins tomorrow.

DSCN6250%20crop_zpsgqafrhae.jpg

Rough Day!
:p
9 buckets of sealer later, the driveway is done, except for a 4x12 area of fresh pavement. Went through the 1st 4 buckets starting at 8 a.m.When the 1st 4 buckets barely made it halfway I sent SWMBO to HD for 4 more, they only had 5 left, so she bought them all!:D As it sits, i've got 1/4 of a bucket left. 10 year old driveway that had NEVER been sealed, it drank it up! That will have to until it cures. Parking in the lawn til Wednesday.

Was so tired after doing it, I slept through the 1st half of the NASCAR race, woke up in time to see Harvick get run over by Johnson, no thanks to "still wet behind the ears Logano". Thoroughly disgusted I switch to football. No joy there either, so after dinner I went down the basement and played on the computer all evening. Picked out new rims and tires for the truck, trailer hitch too. Windows get tinted tomorrow! :cool:

1 more 12 hour day tomorrow, then back to a "normal" 10 hour day:rolleyes: Time to hit the sack, 5 a.m comes too early!

Karl: That was a productive day. At least the Redskins and Nationals both won...Ravens and O's...well that's another story. Local TV chose the Miami Fish over the Ravens. perhaps that was the better choice.

Sherrel: Great comparison. The 4800 was of course, the prototype GG1 a riveted steel body, like being on a battleship. The rest of the GG1s were welded. The 4800 accelerated differently also. Didn't behave when in multiple unless leading. I can imagine the feeling of being at the controls of a B747. I would have liked to do that. Your flight deck cabins seem rather cramped compared to our cabs. The closest I can compare to is the Acela and HHP8 motors. They were very quiet, and cramped, with comfortable seats and intense acceleration, you can actually feel some G force when you advance the throttle. The first time was quite a rush.

Eric: Nice modeling.

Garry: That's a nice building, fits in well with the elevator.

Speaking of #3, my Monte Carlo goes into the body shop tomorrow morning - estimated repair time 7 to 10 days.

Back