Running Bear's Coffee Shop LIV

Good afternoon everybody!

The coffee shop is a busy joint! Jeffery would be proud.

Sherrel I like that picture so much I posted it again! In my opinion the GG1 was the greatest locomotive ever. Only thing that would have made it better would have been a Chessie/B&O paint scheme.
attachment.php

Who ever said Conrail had boring paint schemes?

I remember when Penn Line did a foobie Great Northern GG1, back in the mid '60s, so perhaps Lionel or MTH will do a foobie Chessie GG1. I'll bet it would sell to collectors.

Progress report, arms are shot from waving the vac wand and pushing that sander against the ceiling, but it is moving quickly, got a 1/4 of the open area done!

Hell man! Get "NG Jr." or "Mrs. NG" to come operate the vac while you continue on sanding.

Sherrel: Re: FAA, You got that right.

BTW: re. photos, I had the opportunity of running the 4800, in the Bicentennial scheme, and way back on 12 December 1967, the 4800, was the first locomotive I ever moved, on my own.

JOE: You must have had the same feeling of excitement that I experienced the first time I released the brakes and advanced the throttles on the B-747 .. Wow .. Wish I could turn back the clock!

JOE: You must have had the same feeling of excitement that I experienced the first time I released the brakes and advanced the throttles on the B-747 .. Wow .. Wish I could turn back the clock!

Dang! You're the commercial pilot here I was trying to remember who it was the other day!!!
I remember Chet being fixed and rotary rated and flew for the FL state patrol at times. I remembered someone mentioning about being a former commercial airliner pilot but didn't remember who.
Pleasure to meet you Capt. ;)
E.

Dang! You're the commercial pilot here I was trying to remember who it was the other day!!!
I remember Chet being fixed and rotary rated and flew for the FL state patrol at times. I remembered someone mentioning about being a former commercial airliner pilot but didn't remember who.
Pleasure to meet you Capt. ;)
E.
There are several pilots on the forum, both private and commercial.

I see from the post count, it's about time for a new coffee shop.

My ears are burning. Did I hear my name mentioned?

It's time for the NASCAR race, but I'm always sandbagging on the phone.

Thanks, ERIC. Actually, sometimes I think my life was dull compared to listening to all you guys, but then ... Maybe I'm just not remembering all the finer points.

Changing the subject a little .. Just watching SAN / CIN game .. A Honda commercial called 'The Power of Dreams' just blew me away. Fantastic commercial! (And I am a real commercial hater, except for animals)

OK .. Returning back to the regular scheduled broadcast.

DRAT .. It's still full blown summer out here: Today
High 100 | Low 71 °F
0% Chance of Precip.
Yesterday
High 102.2 | Low 65.1 °F
Precip. 0 in

They say that a couple of the fires up north are 50% contained? MY TAKE IS THIS:
Just because everything has burned up .. Nothing left to burn!

Last edited by a moderator:
My ears are burning. Did I hear my name mentioned?

It's time for the NASCAR race, but I'm always sandbagging on the phone.

That was me mentioning about you being a pilot.
Did you hear there is another Earnhardt coming to the Cup series next year. Jr's. nephew Jeff (son of Kerry).

Today's test rock casts roughly placed. Just 2 of the 6 I did.
Could I be allergic to this crap? I just went up to take these pics and sneezed 4 times right away.
I didn't do any of the work in that room. All down here in the kitchen with no problem.
I've never been allergic to anything - except for stupid people and drug addicts..
P9200043.JPG~

Attachments

• P9200034.JPG
    P9200034.JPG
    159.4 KB · Views: 227
Louis- Lovely paint scheme. I have a GP-38-2 , B&M , in the 1776 paint job.

I spoke with Curt short time ago. Family matters and all that implies have taken up almost all his time. He and family are well, just tied up as "MURPHY" has put his foot in the door

Phil

I have never seen a bicentennial scheme I did not like and the GP38-2 is another of my all time favorites. If you have a picture I would love to see it.

Back